NEM Beta 0.6.28

@Reidcoin: if you use alice2.nem.ninja as host in the client settings then you should immeadiately see the green bar telling you that you are synchronized because alice2.nem.ninja is synchronized already. So the reason for seeing the "not available" could be that you are not having a good ping to alice2. Where is your location? Try to choose a host that is in your country. That should give you a good ping. We have a thread were people reported ping to servers:

[url=https://forum.ournem.com/beta-launch-discussion/ping-times-to-our-trusted-servers/]https://forum.ournem.com/beta-launch-discussion/ping-times-to-our-trusted-servers/

Reagrding the logs, if you are using a remote host, only the ncc log is of interest. Try to get the log with a date where you tried and failed with your client.

Okay; that's just strange. I've been using Alice2 for months. I've been beta testing (pre-release) for months… Obviously in that period of testing I ran into some issues BUT I've never had such trouble till today getting connected.

I'm located in North America near Atlanta. So from that list I'll use: san.nem.ninja
Wish me luck…

I just don't get it; when the NIS gets to DB block 24000 is when it goes to red "NIS is not available"? Is there some possibility my DB is messed up? Can't I download a new DB from the bob.nem.ninja website? This is really frustrating…

Sent from my iPhone iOS via TapaTalk App
Twitter: @creiddouthat

@Reidcoin: if you are using a remote NIS your client will not load any db because the remote NIS already has loaded the db. Can you make a screenshot of your settings?

@Reidcoin:Can you make a screenshot of your settings?

Here is a screenshot of the settings [Attached]...
Whatever the issue, I really feel the issue is tied to this new Mac Update 10.3... I have another Mac, 'which I have not updated to v10.10.3 (14D131)'. It is loading everything 'fine' (no issues), so there has to be something with the new Mac OS X 10.10.3 update that doesn't work correctly.
Has anyone with Mac OS X v10.10.3 (14D131) update got their NEM client to work? If so what did you do to get it working (if anything)?

Installed it on a fresh macbook pro 13" with JRE, but that did not work. Installed JDK and everything went fine! 
Maybe something for the FAQ?

Here is a screenshot of the settings [Attached]...
Whatever the issue, I really feel the issue is tied to this new Mac Update 10.3... I have another Mac, 'which I have not updated to v10.10.3 (14D131)'. It is loading everything 'fine' (no issues), so there has to be something with the new Mac OS X 10.10.3 update that doesn't work correctly.
Has anyone with Mac OS X v10.10.3 (14D131) update got their NEM client to work? If so what did you do to get it working (if anything)?

First screenshot shows that you are [B]not using a remote host, you have "localhost" as host.
Second screeshot shows that you use "san.nem.ninja" as boot name. While that is possible it doesn't mean that your client communicates with san.nem.ninja. This is just the name for your node.

So if you want to use a remote host, change localhost to san.nem.ninja.
Also to get an idea what is going wrong, can you supply the NIS logs located in the folder /nem/nis/logs. Any logs from yesterday where loading the db got stuck.

Installed it on a fresh macbook pro 13" with JRE, but that did not work. Installed JDK and everything went fine! 

So if I install the JDK instead of JRE it will work? Nice! Hope it's that simple… Thanks!!

Here is a screenshot of the settings [Attached]…
Whatever the issue, I really feel the issue is tied to this new Mac Update 10.3… I have another Mac, 'which I have not updated to v10.10.3 (14D131)'. It is loading everything 'fine' (no issues), so there has to be something with the new Mac OS X 10.10.3 update that doesn't work correctly.

First screenshot shows that you are [B]not using a remote host, you have "localhost" as host.
Second screeshot shows that you use "san.nem.ninja" as boot name. While that is possible it doesn't mean that your client communicates with san.nem.ninja. This is just the name for your node.

So if you want to use a remote host, change localhost to san.nem.ninja.
Also to get an idea what is going wrong, can you supply the NIS logs located in the folder /nem/nis/logs. Any logs from yesterday where loading the db got stuck.

Oh; I had no idea I was using the Remote Host and Node incorrectly. Regardless it "had" worked before this Mac Update. I will change them.
Also; I'll figure out which log files are possibly the ones that could help diagnose the problem and post them on Mega and share the link.
Hopefully; the previous person's suggestion with the JDK update instead of the JRE will work. I know 100% I have the JRE (due to just updating it yesterday)…
Please let me know if you have any suggestions on which Log Files to get and put up on Mega…
Thanks again so much for the help.

Thanks so much for your help Boestin! The "JDK-8u45" was the issue… It must be installed to run properly on the new Mac OSX Update 10.10.3 (which was released this month).
Boestin is also correct in the fact the the developers need to make it more known… In a FAQ or "Requirements" somewhere before installing…

One more question. If putting sam.nem.ninja in "remote host" now… What would you suggest to put in the 'boot name' ie NODE?
If I run two computers; does it help to put the same "node" mane in each as boot name or should they have different boot names/node?

For better readability of the log the node names should be unique.

With 0.6.28 I returned from remote harvesting to local harvesting. Now I miss all my remote harvested XEM in the list of harvested blocks (around 500 XEM). Otherwise, the total amount of my account seems to be correct.

edit:

everytime I change the remote server, I get another different list of harvested coins !!!???

I've updated 2 macs now. The first worked perfect before the 10.10.3 Mac OS X Update. I'm having issues now I've not mentioned or ever seen ( and I've been beta testing since the beginning last year). This 0.6.28 update severely has issue with Mac OS X 10.10.3… You guys really need to look into this.

Let me ask someone; is there a way to completely eradicate "all" installations of previous software that had anything to do with the NEM software. I mean I have two different Macs with completely different problems on each one:
- One won't connect to NCC but does connect to NIS. So I got NIS connected but the NCC won't there for I can't access settings or the wallet.
- One will only connect to NCC & NIS [if it's not "localhost"… "Localhost" doesn't connect… only remote hosts]…

I wish I'd have never have upgraded my last Mac; I thought I had the issue fixed but hope.
[Listen I know I sound like a newby with a ridiculous problem… But the fact is; as I've said I've been beta testing NEM from the second there was test XEM given out in the beta; I had over 50billion… So I know how all these servers are supposed to work… Also I've beta tested more than a handful of other projects in the crypto industry. I was one of those who beta tested NXT (when their interface was black with 2 columns then 4… Way before they were successful of even had assets). SO I KNOW I SOUND AS IF I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING BUT THATS BOT THE CASE… There is something no compatible with Mac v10.10.3 and I've yet to have anyone help me figure out how to get v0.6.28 to run correctly with it.]
PLEASE HELP AND LOOK INTO IT DEVELOPERS…

I've encountered a bug in the latest installer version, and wonder how best to report it so someone can identify what happened.
I installed Java 8 64 bit
downloaded exe installer.
ran exe installer.
Opened NCC in browser and created new wallet (this computer is windows 8 and hasn't run NEM before).
Exported wallet 0.00 in number of coins.
Closed program from menu where I exported the wallet.
Reopened NEM, clicked existing wallet, and 0 were found. The .zip file with the 2 wallet files are not 0bytes.

@ltcmining: Not sure if this has anything to do with the export function. Can you manually check if there is a wallet (extension wlt) and an address book (extension adb) file in the folder c:\users<your user>\nem\ncc ?

@Reidcoin: I hope Jaguar0625 or Makoto will take a look at the problem, i haven't got a Mac.

So have you guys give up on my issues with the Mac? Actually 2 Mac's.

So what do I need to do Uplaod "all" of the Log Files and link them in the tread? Did you say the NCC or NIC Logs? Or both? I'm telling you there is something wrong that "there is no way I'm the only one having these issues with the Mac 10.10.3 update being released a few days after v0.28.6
Il willing to post "anything" except personal keys and account info… I'll collect every log; I'll video the problem. [As I said; I've been using NEM before it was beginning to show progress. I've NEVER had issues such as these [not even with the BETA].

I'm going to scour my Logs and upload them to my Mega account so someone may (I beg) check out what's wrong. .
Look out for a link to the Logs… Please Help! Please!

[Not only for me but for other Mac 10.10.3 users… If I didn't live what you guys and girls and NEM were developing and had been following from the get go… I'd have sold and said 'screw it'… And there's no way in the only one.]

Email:: reidd@protonmail.ch

I get a lot when nis is harvesting:
2015-04-19 14:18:42.992 INFO transaction '507c891a88a3905cb352ef1d4725ef6f0306b2f4d3b9cf83d9d21180611f5296' left out of block 'FAILURE_MULTISIG_INVALID_COSIGNERS' (org.nem.nis.y.hb a)

I dont have any multisig accounts.
This is normal?

That's ok Icharles123, it just means there is a multisig transaction with missing signature.

I've not run NEM in 2 weeks now, waiting for a version upgrade that might fix the bugs I found that stopped it from working properly on two different computers, 1 the .zip version, and one the .exe version.