NEM Beta 0.6.93

Oh ok. So the standalone client is simply for running a full node to secure the network but not for actually using the Nem network for transactions et al.?

Standalone now only includes NIS (the server, that is not a client) and transactions are initiated with the Nano Wallet client.

Ok awesome, thanks for the quick replies.

Looking at the client section of the website I don’t think it is very clear. It says this:

“The original NCC/NIS Installer. We suggest using Nanowallet, or NCC/NIS Standalone instead.”

Which makes it seem like you can use nem with either the standalone client or the nanowallet. I think it would be a good idea to add some text underneath the standalone client link explaining you can’t use it for transactions.

Thanks again for all the help BR.

@BloodyRookie thanks for the many explanations up until now, but I’m a bit concerned about NCC going away.

Essentially, I’m using NCC as a way to more securely store key pairs (I don’t want to store them in a database, I prefer to just store the passwords for the keyfiles there – that way two secrets need to be broken ; correct me if I am wrong here)

So, I have this list of API endpoints that I’m using on the NCC:

• /info/nis/chain/height
  • /node/status
  • /wallet/create
  • /account/transactions/incoming
  • /account/transactions/outgoing
  • /account/transactions/unconfirmed
  • /account/find
  • /wallet/account/reveal

For actual transaction sending I’m using NIS directly (also for /transaction/get).

So will I be able to use those NCC endpoints with the new version 0.6.93 NIS? As an upgrade procedure, can I just upgrade NIS and leave NCC as-is?

Also, I might’ve missed this, but there is no API to estimate transfer fees, right? Because I’ve been having a lot of “fun” lately trying to empty wallets with a balance of 20001 or 30002 (etc) in just one transaction :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch!

yea, that should work as long as you send transactions to NIS directly. NCC won’t be able to calculate the reduced fees for transactions.

No, there is no such API.

I have one question regarding the latest update.

Please can you check here the 1st question:

thanks.

Thanks a bunch for your reply :smile:

By the way, I might be an oaf, but is there a way to empty a NEM wallet with 20001 NEM in it in just one transaction? :confused:

yes, the trick is sending 19999 xem and burning 1 xem by adding a small message ^^

1 Like

Haha that’s one way of doing it, yeah :wink: thanks!

Why i still have the “old” fees?

NIS supports it, but the client does not support it.

do you know how long i have to wait?

It is completed on github.
I think that it will come out as soon as the guide is ready.
For details, I do not know unless it is Core.

Ok i wait, thx for help :slight_smile:

do you have a actual build? I stuck on gulp… “missing script: devApp”.

Although it is unpublished, something that was Buld was out.

I am using the Android Wallet. No app updates on Android. Do I need to wait or can I send XEM with lowered fees without update (which does not exist)?

Will check on it and answer tomorrow.

The store should contain the updated app now.

It is blue now :open_mouth: