NEM Beta is here!

[center][font=Arial]NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT[/font]
"A New Economy Starts With You."

NEM requires Java 8

DOWNLOAD ONE CLICK INSTALL: http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart

[hr]

[left]NEM Beta Is Here

After countless hours of hard work and continuous effort we are very proud to announce the release of NEM beta client.

Important note: This is a major update of our NEM software. Since a lot of things changed internally, a blockchain restart was needed. In order for everything to work properly, it's mandatory that you delete the NEM folder (on windows "c:\users<user name>\nem") if you had previous versions of NEM already installed.

Changes for version 0.4.9:

[li]Time synchronization is activated: A block with a time stamp which is more than 10 seconds in the future is invalid. Thus future block attacks are not possible any more.[/li]
    [li]Secure harvesting (i.e. remote harvesting): Safely harvest on a vps without losing control of your private key. Your private key is never shared with the vps, so it is safe even if the vps is hacked and/or rooted. For non vps users it will be just as useful once we have cold wallets ready.[/li]
    [li]Switched elliptic curve from secp256k1 to ed25519: Ed25519 is a state of the art elliptic curve. Verification of signatures is about 6 times faster for ed25519. This will speed up the synchronization process.[/li]
    [li]Improvement of POI: The Proof-of-Importance algorithm has been improved to exploit the topology of relations between accounts in order to determine the importance of an account to the NEM economy.[/li]
    [li]Creation of "real" (live net) private key, public key and address is now possible via the menu item "Create real account data" in the GUI.[/li]

NEM requires Java 8

STANDALONE VERSION: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.9.tgz

It's NEM time. 8)
    [/left]

decimal digit issue with 0.2.9  UI :
When sending NEMs, if the Fee has more than 6 digits, e.g.  14.14145611,
then comes an error note "Oops ...".
The entered values remained in the dialog, so no harm done.

Maybe the UI can prevent the user to enter too many digits after the decimal point?

When writing "many enough" numbers to the Fee field, all the numbers are not shown.

Still problems with the number fields:
- trying to set the NEM amount to be sent to 33333.333333
  and the fee to 33.33

While wrote the fee, the amount is changed to 33333333.333.
When going to change that decimal point back, the fee is changed to 1 333 340.00
(is this the minimum fee for 33 million?)

Well, I admit that I have earlier (alpha) pushed the decimal points to their limits by using all the 6 digits, but is this now the revenge of the numbers or what ?  :(

Edit: now started sending first without decimal points and then increasing the digits on the right side of the decimal points. All were sent but not when there is 6 digits after the decimal point.

Edit2: while writing the fee, the amount field automatically changes the
decimal point "33 333.333333" to "33 333 333.333"
But the confirmation note says: "You're going to send 33 333.333333 NEM".

Has there been some change in the number policy or am I remembering another alpha SW? :)  The transaction details do show only 2 digits after the decimal points.

I confirm this. While writing the fee - amount changed!

Yes, there is some problem here indeed.

I tried to import the private key for alpha to beta wallet but the public key not remained the same. why?
The generator custom addresses the alpha does not work in the beta?
By the way, what is the link of it?
thx.

The alpha and beta private keys are not compatible because the underlying curve used for NEM encryption was changed from secp256k1 to ed25519 for performance reasons.

[center][font=Arial]NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT[/font]
"A New Economy Starts With You."

NEM requires Java 8

[hr]

[left]NEM Beta Is Here

After countless hours of hard work and continuous effort we are very proud to announce the release of NEM beta client.

Important note: This is a major update of our NEM software. Since a lot of things changed internally, a blockchain restart was needed. In order for everything to work properly, it's mandatory that you delete the NEM folder (on windows "c:\users<user name>\nem") if you had previous versions of NEM already installed.

Changes for version 0.4.9:

[li]Time synchronization is activated: A block with a time stamp which is more than 10 seconds in the future is invalid. Thus future block attacks are not possible any more.[/li]
    [li]Secure harvesting (i.e. remote harvesting): Safely harvest on a vps without losing control of your private key. Your private key is never shared with the vps, so it is safe even if the vps is hacked and/or rooted. For non vps users it will be just as useful once we have cold wallets ready.[/li]
    [li]Switched elliptic curve from secp256k1 to ed25519: Ed25519 is a state of the art elliptic curve. Verification of signatures is about 6 times faster for ed25519. This will speed up the synchronization process.[/li]
    [li]Improvement of POI: The Proof-of-Importance algorithm has been improved to exploit the topology of relations between accounts in order to determine the importance of an account to the NEM economy.[/li]
    [li]Creation of "real" (live net) private key, public key and address is now possible via the menu item "Create real account data" in the GUI.[/li]

NEM requires Java 8

STANDALONE VERSION: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.9.tgz

It's NEM time. 8)
    [/left]

I can't find standalone version at http://bob.nem.ninja/  :frowning:

Awesome!  :slight_smile:

Also, 69 online today, a new record!

I added the stand alone version. I cannot provide a sig though, so this one time you have to trust bob.nem.ninja.

Great news, but is multisig support not ready yet? Don't see it mentioned.

Good job! :slight_smile:

Just some small things, some strings says "Not yet available in alpha release". And what exactly is "real account data" (did not understand the "live net" part either)?

awesome.

In what folder is NEM installed in Mac os x?

No, sorry, not yet.

In what folder is NEM installed in Mac os x?

~/nem

Good job! :)

Just some small things, some strings says "Not yet available in alpha release". And what exactly is "real account data" (did not understand the "live net" part either)?

Thanks for the hint about incorrect strings. Real account data is the data you use after real launch of NEM. You will need it to create an address for redeeming your real nem stake.

No, sorry, not yet.

no worries.. doing a great job guys. :)

How come you don't just start phase 2 straight away now that beta is out? Give those on AE more time to claim…?

Having problems in Linux, NIS won't start and it keeps starting multiple NCC windows. I have to log out of my linux account to stop the NCC windows from popping up, stopping them from the NEM monitor does nothing.

yeah NEM. Lets see what is next.

I added the stand alone version. I cannot provide a sig though, so this one time you have to trust bob.nem.ninja.

Can NEM monitor be fired up in the standalone version? Can't seem to know how to do that.

Some Testnems please…
TDUQKH-4CHSEH-XYQYBT-YMFOGB-SFFHIG-2LB4QJ-VAOD