NEM Beta is here!

awesome news, updating the wallet code to have this built in :slight_smile:

a note to all mac useres running 10.10 NIS takes a long time to boot… 10 min on my mid 2012 MBP clean install

test nem can be sent to me here
TA4PES-NFKHUY-USLOBA-U3LBD2-GGIPUU-SZCD57-26G5

I added the stand alone version. I cannot provide a sig though, so this one time you have to trust bob.nem.ninja.

Can NEM monitor be fired up in the standalone version? Can't seem to know how to do that.

The standalone version can be downloaded here: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.9.tgz
Unpack to a folder of your choice. Go ot the subfolder package/nis. Edit config.properties to customize the settings.  You can start nis by running the .bat (windows) or .sh (linux) batch file.

I've got the beta going on my VPS,  107.170.223.108, two things not sure.
1. New account is set with TCWICW-CPWKNC-43D5MX-WI5YKD-KRHKPN-RYMQAL-P5B5 need one transaction to be known
2. How should I use my private key?

Please have a check on my VPS if it's now valid for beta, thanks!

Your vps is ok.
The account  TCWICW-CPWKNC-43D5MX-WI5YKD-KRHKPN-RYMQAL-P5B5 was probably auto-created when you created a new wallet. The private key I have sent you via pm can be used to import an account using the menu item "Add an Existing Account".

a note to all mac useres running 10.10 NIS takes a long time to boot... 10 min on my mid 2012 MBP clean install

10 mins is pretty ia a long time  ???
Is it the installation+startup+synchronization that takes so long or really only the start of NIS (is it faster when you shutdown the software and restart)?

Having problems in Linux, NIS won't start and it keeps starting multiple NCC windows. I have to log out of my linux account to stop the NCC windows from popping up, stopping them from the NEM monitor does nothing.

I assume the "multiple NCC windows" are just the installation windows. There are 3 different components of the client. So don't close those window, just let them proceed to complete the installation. It may take a while depending on your hardware and your internet connection speed.

I added the stand alone version. I cannot provide a sig though, so this one time you have to trust bob.nem.ninja.

It must be SHA-256 additionally to the sig. A sig is more safe, but it is not convenient. Imo, a hash is much more comfortable for the control.

a note to all mac useres running 10.10 NIS takes a long time to boot... 10 min on my mid 2012 MBP clean install

Is it the installation+startup+synchronization that takes so long or really only the start of NIS (is it faster when you shutdown the software and restart)?

I have not seen it take that long. I'm also using a MBP.

Just some thoughts after using the beta for a while:

Some of the error messages are pretty vague (like if you forget to put in your password when sending NEM it says "some parameters are missing" instead of "you forgot to write your password").

In the future you should probably be able to blacklist an address or something (if someone sends 100s of transactions to you with 0 nem in them).

For new people it's very confusing with booting a local node etc. (I don't even understand why I have to name the node and why it just isn't started automatic as it's needed for the wallet to function anyways).

And when I click "start local harvesting" I get the message "The provided account does not satisfy the basic criteria for harvesting. Mainly it is related to the amount of NEMs within the account. Harvesting starts with at least 1000 NEM." which is strange as I have >3 million NEM

Having problems in Linux, NIS won't start and it keeps starting multiple NCC windows. I have to log out of my linux account to stop the NCC windows from popping up, stopping them from the NEM monitor does nothing.

I assume the "multiple NCC windows" are just the installation windows. There are 3 different components of the client. So don't close those window, just let them proceed to complete the installation. It may take a while depending on your hardware and your internet connection speed.

You have cleared the JWS Cache?
Also had these problems but I used the command [code]javaws -uninstall[/code]

Just some thoughts after using the beta for a while:

Some of the error messages are pretty vague (like if you forget to put in your password when sending NEM it says "some parameters are missing" instead of "you forgot to write your password").

I think that's credited to the fact that internally error codes are used and those can occur not only e.g. on the login page but also in other places so the error messages have to be apropriate for all scenarios. Just a guess though and I agree it could be better.

In the future you should probably be able to blacklist an address or something (if someone sends 100s of transactions to you with 0 nem in them).

Interesting.  Did that happen ? In the future you'd have to be quite the moron to do this as you'll have to pay fees in real NEM do send those transactions.

For new people it's very confusing with booting a local node etc. (I don't even understand why I have to name the node and why it just isn't started automatic as it's needed for the wallet to function anyways).

Several people have suggested that, we are aware of it and I'm sure this will be in one of the next builds. It just hasn't been a priority up until now. You only have todo it once though. You can set it to auto-boot in the settings to avoid that in the future.

And when I click "start local harvesting" I get the message "The provided account does not satisfy the basic criteria for harvesting. Mainly it is related to the amount of NEMs within the account. Harvesting starts with at least 1000 NEM." which is strange as I have >3 million NEM

That's because your NEM need to be "vested" before you can start harvesting. It takes about 24h before you can start harvesting once you have your NEM.

Interesting.  Did that happen ? In the future you'd have to be quite the moron to do this as you'll have to pay fees in real NEM do send those transactions.

No it did not happen, but if some famous persons are to use NEM in the future I bet a small fee wont stop people from sending them messages/harass them.

I have not seen it take that long. I'm also using a MBP.

sorry i should have been a little clearer it is only on the first start!  and after not having the alpha on the system so a clean install

basically what I'm saying is if your running 10.10 and doing it clean don't panic if it doesn't load right away!  just grab a coffee and give it time.

also here is my work nem beta addy =D
TCALBX-NYAGOE-4F3PE7-BW3VMW-CXAU3H-T4B7FR-YLZL

ok guys ,I need help what am I doing wrong…using firefox from laptop…windows 8 system…clicked on Nem client.(get the green box for a couple of secs)…NIS is in execution(local node not activated), but NCC not in execution…been around 15 mins now…am sure I have java 8

I already replyed in the btt forum. If the problem still is there, please upload the ncc log (c:\users<user name>\nem\ncc\logs) to a file hoster and paste a link to it here.

Great work chaps, seems to be working well.

Could you fine folks send me some beta nem? Feeling much poorer now my alpha coins have left me! :slight_smile:

Was trying to send out some Testnem this Morning, but it doesn