NEM Beta is here!

On a MAC you have to lower the security settings for Java software I think.

"If you are a Mac user, although the application is signed by an official certificate, security settings are still blocking JavaWebStart.
Unfortunately, you have to adjust the security settings. Please read this article: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19767394/unidentified-developer-for-java-web-start-application-on-os-x".

Did you do that?

Hmmm, unfortunately I'm having the same Java issue on my Mac.
No way that I'm going to lower the security settings for Java. Especially reading the last sentence in the workaround: "Be careful when adjusting these. These settings will open you up to popular attack vectors where an attacker can exploit vulnerabilities within the java runtime (Java 0 days)."

Too bad.

I will run it in one of my Windows VM's then.

On a MAC you have to lower the security settings for Java software I think.

"If you are a Mac user, although the application is signed by an official certificate, security settings are still blocking JavaWebStart.
Unfortunately, you have to adjust the security settings. Please read this article: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19767394/unidentified-developer-for-java-web-start-application-on-os-x".

Did you do that?

I saw that link before and it was a little hard to follow because there are multiple answers, but what i did before was check "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere".  In the Java settings my only options are "High" and "Very High".  My system doesn't have a "medium" setting, so I couldn't click it.  I also tried to allow exceptions for http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart and http://bob.nem.ninja but that didn't help.  Here are the messages from my console, "10/22/14 10:35:42.395 PM Dock[168]: no information back from LS about running process LSASN:{hi=0x0;lo=0x77077}
10/22/14 10:35:42.401 PM java[1092]: objc[1092]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java and /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/jli/./libjli.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
10/22/14 10:35:45.762 PM java[1093]: objc[1093]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java and /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/jli/./libjli.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
10/22/14 10:35:46.002 PM Dock[168]: no information back from LS about running process LSASN:{hi=0x0;lo=0x78078}
10/22/14 10:35:47.669 PM java[1093]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=54 label=[0x0-0x79079].com.oracle.java.Java-Updater path=/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Resources/Java Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Java Updater flags=0 : LaunchApplicationClient.cp #990 LaunchApplicationWithSpawnViaLaunchD() q=com.apple.root.default-overcommit-priority
10/22/14 10:35:47.669 PM java[1093]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=54 label=[0x0-0x79079].com.oracle.java.Java-Updater path=/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Resources/Java Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Java Updater flags=0
10/22/14 10:35:47.778 PM sandboxd[337]: ([1093]) java(1093) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
10/22/14 10:35:47.799 PM sandboxd[337]: ([1093]) java(1093) deny file-write-create /Users/jeff/nem
10/22/14 10:35:47.820 PM sandboxd[337]: ([1093]) java(1093) deny file-write-create /Users/jeff/nem"

I went to http://bob.nem.ninja and tried to download nemcore 4.9 jar but then I got an error telling me to check my console.  The error in console said "10/22/14 10:24:06.142 PM Console[1019]: setPresentationOptions called with NSApplicationPresentationFullScreen when there is no visible fullscreen window; this call will be ignored."

I even went to http://bob.nem.ninja tried to download the whole 4.9 and got a file called "package" but once I had it on my mac, I wasn't sure what do do.  I thought maybe I could go into terminal somehow but wasn't sure what to type in terminal. 

You should add a warning if you're trying to send a higher fee than necessary, it's pretty easy to put on one 0 to much.

You should add a warning if you're trying to send a higher fee than necessary, it's pretty easy to put on one 0 to much.

You don't need to specify fee: NCC just sets minimum fee authomagically

I tested the beta for some time now and I have some questions/suggestions.

I use win8.1, Chrome and the standalone NEMclient (changed the installfolder).

Every time I restart my computer, the .wlt walletfiles (in the ncc folder) are gone. After copying them back in, every thing is working normal.

Changing the installfolder took me some time to figure out (D:\…) and it

@DontPanic_42:

Every time I restart my computer, the .wlt walletfiles (in the ncc folder) are gone. After copying them back in, every thing is working normal.

I have to investigate that. Thx for the hint.

Changing the installfolder took me some time to figure out (D:\…) and it

Thanks for the quick reply @BloodyRookie

…I don't know what you mean with "changing the install folder took you some time". …In case you mean the nem folder where nem specific stuff is saved, the real problem is that we do not have a documentation for changing advanced options yet.

It did not take me hours or so. Just a couple of minutes to figure out the format (like D:\blabla\) Never saw the \ before and it is

I have problem with copy real address public and private keys with browser Mozilla Firefox with Google Chrome no problem.

I have problem with copy real address public and private keys with browser Mozilla Firefox with Google Chrome no problem.

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next relase.

I tried to import the private key for alpha to beta wallet but the public key not remained the same. why?
The generator custom addresses the alpha does not work in the beta?
By the way, what is the link of it?
thx.

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=topic=2546.msg7254#msg7254 date=1414002210]

If you set up a node that is correctly configured (you can test that with the page http://chain.nem.ninja/checknis/ )

It tells me to open my port in the router config. I have to look in to that. I never changed anything with my ports.

To be a full node which can participate in distributing blocks and transactions in the network the port 7890 must be accessible from outside so your node can receive new data.

Bloody Rookie

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=topic=2546.msg7254#msg7254 date=1414002210]
I restartet my computer for testing and it

Is it only possible to harvest with one Account? I have my main beta Account and the 50.000.000 Giveaway Account. I

You have to have 1000 NEM or more to harvest. And the 1000 NEM have to be in the account for 24 hours+.

Btw: Why aren't you using the 50 million NEM to do test transactions?

waiting for Harvesting a block,

now my account has 2132055.03NEM, when do i harvest a block?

You have to have 1000 NEM or more to harvest. And the 1000 NEM have to be in the account for 24 hours+.

Btw: Why aren't you using the 50 million NEM to do test transactions?

My Standard Account has 50.000 NEM, for three Days now. But I can only harvest with the other Account.

And I

some test NEM, please

TCSEYW-JG27E7-Q5QGPC-X5A7WY-I462VX-BLIMP3-OQQT

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=action=profile;u=384 date=1414018675]
hello …

I just installed NEM standalone on my pc (win7, Chrome) the way I did on my laptop and it

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=action=profile;u=384 date=1414018675]
hello ...

I just installed NEM standalone on my pc (win7, Chrome) the way I did on my laptop and it