NEM Beta is here!

whats wrong with my NEM client, everything seems to be Running OK on my computer apart from NEM beta  :(

Did you check that all fields were filled with reasonable values? If yes i would recomment to restart NCC (leave NIS running) and wait for 1 minute, then try again. We have a little bug in the release.

I restarted NCC and its working now  ;D

@jabo38s: I tested 2 times with 20-30 fast transactions. But everything was ok.

In the third photo you can see that oddly some later transactions got processed through the network early and some earlier transactions were getting processed later.  Everything went through, just not in the regular order one might expect from oldest to newest. 

Pending transactions with higher fees are prioritized over transactions with lower fees so that transactions with higher fees are more likely to meet their deadline.

@jabo38s: i hope you had you system running over night. After talking to Jaguar we concluded:
Try restarting the browser only and check if the confirmations still appear weired.
If that doesn't help restart ncc and check if it helps. Last try restarting nis and see if it helps.
I checked with my nis/ncc/gui and the confirmations for your transactions were ok.

@jabo38s: i hope you had you system running over night. After talking to Jaguar we concluded:
Try restarting the browser only and check if the confirmations still appear weired.
If that doesn't help restart ncc and check if it helps. Last try restarting nis and see if it helps.
I checked with my nis/ncc/gui and the confirmations for your transactions were ok.

Okay, the good news, I did leave my computer on and browser and node up all night running.  I wanted to leave it just as it was just in case somebody had a suggestion.

I went to my computer and wanted to get screen shots each step exactly.  I figured I would try to make it easy on everyone and make the screenshots each time end with 0s or 1s instead of different numbers and I would set the page in the same height.  This meant I needed to wait.  I positioned my page just the way I wanted it and and the jumbled block numbers exactly how I wanted them, but then I started sending some transaction and playing around with other buttons.  I was checking incoming and outgoing and pending while I was waiting for the count to get to 0 (it was around 6).  Then I started reading on the forum and I missed my count.  More waiting and what not and finally I got to 0 again. 

Next thing I know, the blocks aren't jumbled any more.  They are now all in order exactly matching the block explorer. 

To repeat.  I did not close my browser, I did not restart my NIS or NCC or my computer.  I just kept on using NEM and other websites and clicking in NEM on multiple various tabs and then there was a spontaneous block rearrangement to the correct order.  (I am guessing this is a good thing, but sure confuses me)

[s]Per normal request, here are my logs.  :-) [/s]

Now.... a little bit of extra information that may or may not help and/or may or may not be related.  I haven't harvested a block since #5531 and usually I get them regularly (a couple per hour). I think this is related to the fact that I was playing around with remote harvesting.  I tried to activate it a couple of days ago, then it took about a day to activate (where the remote harvesting was going, I don't know, I just entered my password).  Then when remote harvesting was activated, I tried to deactivate it, again just by entering my password.  And now I am still waiting a long time.  I still see a message saying "deactivating remote harvesting".  So I am not sure if this remote harvesting issue is related to the #6980 problem but it would be interesting to know if Amy and Makato also were experimenting with remote harvesting when they got the #6980 error. 

Okay, the good news, I did leave my computer on and browser and node up all night running.  I wanted to leave it just as it was just in case somebody had a suggestion.

I went to my computer and wanted to get screen shots each step exactly.  I figured I would try to make it easy on everyone and make the screenshots each time end with 0s or 1s instead of different numbers and I would set the page in the same height.  This meant I needed to wait.  I positioned my page just the way I wanted it and and the jumbled block numbers exactly how I wanted them, but then I started sending some transaction and playing around with other buttons.  I was checking incoming and outgoing and pending while I was waiting for the count to get to 0 (it was around 6).  Then I started reading on the forum and I missed my count.  More waiting and what not and finally I got to 0 again. 

Next thing I know, the blocks aren't jumbled any more.  They are now all in order exactly matching the block explorer. 

To repeat.  I did not close my browser, I did not restart my NIS or NCC or my computer.  I just kept on using NEM and other websites and clicking in NEM on multiple various tabs and then there was a spontaneous block rearrangement to the correct order.  (I am guessing this is a good thing, but sure confuses me)

Per normal request, here are my logs.  :-)  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hqvqevcyyjspvz/logs.zip?dl=0

Now.... a little bit of extra information that may or may not help and/or may or may not be related.  I haven't harvested a block since #5531 and usually I get them regularly (a couple per hour). I think this is related to the fact that I was playing around with remote harvesting.  I tried to activate it a couple of days ago, then it took about a day to activate (where the remote harvesting was going, I don't know, I just entered my password).  Then when remote harvesting was activated, I tried to deactivate it, again just by entering my password.  And now I am still waiting a long time.  I still see a message saying "deactivating remote harvesting".  So I am not sure if this remote harvesting issue is related to the #6980 problem but it would be interesting to know if Amy and Makato also were experimenting with remote harvesting when they got the #6980 error.

I was not using remote harvesting myself. Not sure about makoto though.

I don't know if it has been discussed before but if it's possible I think a automated update process would enhance the user experience a ton. Maybe in the settings menu you could choose from what source NCC would search for updates.

I tried sending NEM to myself and it worked without giving me any warnings or alike (which it ought to do according to me, as most would like to be notified if they most likely copied the wrong address). Another problem is that the current balance doesn't update instantly when you press send NEM.

I would like to ask,how accounts importance is calculated?Whitch account is more important to the NEM cloud?

There is no whitepaper yet, the current algorithm is a secret. But there are 3 factors involved:
1) Your stake
2) What incoming transactions your account has.
3) What outgoing transactions your account has.

For instance if you send a big amount, you will notive that yout importance increases. Also a lot of incoming transactions from many different accounts will help increasing your importance.

There was mentioned that the clock should be synchronized.
What will happen in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
when some pc's will change their clock?  Nothing or automatic adaption :slight_smile:

I don't know if it has been discussed before but if it's possible I think a automated update process would enhance the user experience a ton. Maybe in the settings menu you could choose from what source NCC would search for updates.

We already got that. When a new release is announced, you simply can restart the NEM software (shutdown NEM monitor and then double click on the desktop icon to start NEM monitor again). It should check for a new version and, if available, should download, install and start the new version.

I tried sending NEM to myself and it worked without giving me any warnings or alike (which it ought to do according to me, as most would like to be notified if they most likely copied the wrong address). Another problem is that the current balance doesn't update instantly when you press send NEM.

There is nothing wrong with sending a transaction to yourself. There are situations when you might want to do that.
The current balance doesn't update instantly because it is not clear at that point if the transaction gets included in a harvested block.

The current balance doesn't update instantly because it is not clear at that point if the transaction gets included in a harvested block.

In my opinion it should change instantly for the user, and if it for some reason wouldn't get included in a block the balance should be updated again to display the correct balance.

In my opinion it should change instantly for the user, and if it for some reason wouldn't get included in a block the balance should be updated again to display the correct balance.

i would tend to agree with that.. if a not-so-used-to-crypto user sends a tx and it 'looks' like it didnt go through.. the natural thing to do is try again.. and that could result in them sending too much..  i know its a trivial thing but seems like the more user friendly thing to do..

You guys might be right…I have to think about it.

@nxkoil: It's only the interpretation of the time that changes. The underlying value in ms that java returns do not change.

@nxkoil: It's only the interpretation of the time that changes. The underlying value in ms that java returns do not change.

Blockchain explorer: the last block is 9612
NCC:  NEM (at block 9660)

How NCC can be ahead?

Edit:  does this relate to that "Fork?"-thread?

yes, nxkoil.

decimal digit issue with 0.2.9  UI :
When sending NEMs, if the Fee has more than 6 digits, e.g.  14.14145611,
then comes an error note "Oops ...".
The entered values remained in the dialog, so no harm done.

Maybe the UI can prevent the user to enter too many digits after the decimal point?

When writing "many enough" numbers to the Fee field, all the numbers are not shown.

Still problems with the number fields:
- trying to set the NEM amount to be sent to 33333.333333
  and the fee to 33.33

While wrote the fee, the amount is changed to 33333333.333.
When going to change that decimal point back, the fee is changed to 1 333 340.00
(is this the minimum fee for 33 million?)

Well, I admit that I have earlier (alpha) pushed the decimal points to their limits by using all the 6 digits, but is this now the revenge of the numbers or what ?  :(

Edit: now started sending first without decimal points and then increasing the digits on the right side of the decimal points. All were sent but not when there is 6 digits after the decimal point.

Edit2: while writing the fee, the amount field automatically changes the
decimal point "33 333.333333" to "33 333 333.333"
But the confirmation note says: "You're going to send 33 333.333333 NEM".

Has there been some change in the number policy or am I remembering another alpha SW? :)  The transaction details do show only 2 digits after the decimal points.

I confirm this. While writing the fee - amount changed!

Yes, there is some problem here indeed.

Though the "battle" against amount change can be won, the battle with fee is more difficult: the SW seems to take minimum fee from the wrong, changed amount.

By "winning a battle" I mean that when with patient one edit the decimal point to the correct place, then in the confirmation note the amount to be sent is correct one :)

Is someone working on mgwNEM?

Is someone working on mgwNEM?

already asked about this and its not in the priority list so it wont be ready for launch.. unless it is possible for someone else than the devs to do it but im not sure about that.. the server(s) need to be controlled by a trusted party.

Though the "battle" against amount change can be won, the battle with fee is more difficult: the SW seems to take minimum fee from the wrong, changed amount.

By "winning a battle" I mean that when with patient one edit the decimal point to the correct place, then in the confirmation note the amount to be sent is correct one :)

Try the latest build. It has a number of fixes around this.