NEM Beta is here!

Though the "battle" against amount change can be won, the battle with fee is more difficult: the SW seems to take minimum fee from the wrong, changed amount.

By "winning a battle" I mean that when with patient one edit the decimal point to the correct place, then in the confirmation note the amount to be sent is correct one :)

Try the latest build. It has a number of fixes around this.

Yes all fixed!!

Though the "battle" against amount change can be won, the battle with fee is more difficult: the SW seems to take minimum fee from the wrong, changed amount.

By "winning a battle" I mean that when with patient one edit the decimal point to the correct place, then in the confirmation note the amount to be sent is correct one :)

Try the latest build. It has a number of fixes around this.

Yes all fixed!!

partially verified  ;) 

The "automatic move" of the decimal point seems to be fixed,
but
with the fee is something work left, I think.

When the amount is written and the user writes the fee, which is smaller than the minimum, and waits ... waits... nothing happens. The user can click other fields  and the fee is still the same. Then he clicks SEND and in the confirmation note is the correct amount (but no fee mentioned). He clicks SEND.
BUT from the transactions the user can see that the fee was much bigger than what he wrote to the fee-field.

If the user writes few letters/numbers to other fields after he wrote the fee, then the fee is automatically set to the minimum. But ... will the user notice it before pressing SEND?
The automatic update does not happen every time; sometime it requires that is written space or more than 1 letter to message, edited the amount, ...  no clear rule yet found :)

i second that, nxkoil.

and i still don't like the behaviour with the automated spaces in the amount texbox.
lets say amount is 1 234. the cursor now is after the space and in front of the 2. when i now backspace, it deletes the space and then the space immediately comes back.
it would be better if a backspace would delete the 1.

i second that, nxkoil.

and i still don't like the behaviour with the automated spaces in the amount texbox.
lets say amount is 1 234. the cursor now is after the space and in front of the 2. when i now backspace, it deletes the space and then the space immediately comes back.
it would be better if a backspace would delete the 1.

yes, the "automatic field modifier" feature is both problematic and stylish.

I do not remember that have used such ... only word processor applications do automatic modifications, but they are in their own categories.
In banks' web pages  - or PayPal's or others' - the money amount fields are simple: no modifications.
Maybe the modification should be left only to output fields, and not used in input fields.

@SwapperMalll: It's a known bug. Leave NIS running and restart NCC, wait for a minute then it should work.

Thanks, even though you can boot up the server through the client, the thing to remember is to boot the server first then crank up the client.  Makes perfect sense. Sure.  OK.  Now I understand the too early too late error messages are a subtle way of saying "Hold up there, you're not synched with the blockchain yet".

@SwapperMalll: It's a known bug. Leave NIS running and restart NCC, wait for a minute then it should work.

Thanks, even though you can boot up the server through the client, the thing to remember is to boot the server first then crank up the client.  Makes perfect sense. Sure.  OK.  Now I understand the too early too late error messages are a subtle way of saying "Hold up there, you're not synched with the blockchain yet".

Actually, this has been fixed in the latest build.

some nem  for testing            :-*  TBNQS6-C7KBLH-GLGQRG-5U6EUS-UPJ5RY-QRHL6U-KHU5

Hi,I want to reddem my NEM stake from the NXT AE. I started " the standalone version on bob.nem.ninja/ "

Started everything fine ( NCC and NIS synchronizing right now.)

But my NEM address starts with "T" .

I read that NEM address should start with "N" and that "T" is testnet.

I never installed the alpha release… 

What went wrong  ?
Can I use the "T" address ?

No, you cannot use the T address.

To create and save real accout data, check this out: https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2583.0

JavaFX application could not launch due to system configuration.

I can't Test the NEM Beta ever since the latest update was released all the previous versions I tested worked perfectly
but this one is not even letting me run the application.

@adsactly, that is strange since we didn't change the way the installation works. What operating system are you running? Did you try the standalone version?

My NCC and NIS are still version 0.4.48 after latest standalone install.  I thought we were on 0.4.9 now.

0.4.48 is the latest version

this is the official "release channel":
http://bob.nem.ninja/

(9 is lower than 48, too)