NEM Redemption Starts Now

I am not quite getting this.

is the token that I received my NEMStake?
Do I cut and post this in the NEM amount box and send to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH ?

I have done it like this so far using Chrome and I keep getting the error:

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!!

have you got a stake on nxt AE?

if the answer is no, then you dont need to do anything yet other than register your token in the portal.

if the answer is yes. then you need to "create real account data", save the details(public and private key and nem address starting with "N") created somewhere very safe, print them out if possible and duplicate them for safety. do not save on dropbox or on any cloud software. once you have done that you need to transfer your nemstake to the designated address and attached an UNENCRYPTED message that contains only the nem address(that starts with "N") into the message and then send your stake to the address with the message containing your address attached.

just to clarify..

1) create, save and duplicate "real account" details.(public key, private key, real nem address starting with "N"), above all.. make sure to save the private key somewhere very safe. if you lose your private key you will lose your coins.

2) transfer nemstake to designated nxt account with your nem address in a message attached and only your nem address, no other text what so ever. DONT ENCRYPT.

i know you might not need that info but just thought i would post it in case anyone else does. hope that helps.

Thanks my impatience got the better of me…

Can anybody confirm that real NEM addresses contain 46 characters including the hypens and the private keys contain 64/66 characters, please? I want to make sure because the generator gives a 64 character or a 66 character private key on different occasions. Thanks.

Can anybody confirm that real NEM addresses contain 46 characters including the hypens and the private keys contain 64/66 characters, please? I want to make sure because the generator gives a 64 character or a 66 character private key on different occasions. Thanks.

See here: https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg7444#msg7444

See here: https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg7444#msg7444

Thanks a lot. It's really hard to keep up with the amount of information in NEM if we take a few days off ???

The NXT account where the AE NEMstake tokens have to be sent to can be seen here:

[url=http://www.nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH&c=USD]http://www.nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH&c=USD

I haven't sent mine yet- will do tomorrow…

I am ready to redeem my nemstake on the AE via the phase 2 instructions. In the absence of real nem being live, how will we know it is successful, will there be some sort of notification that the nemstake has been received?

Blockchain never lies: Use www.nxtreporting.com, search for your account and monitor it.

Is there a way to check what's in an account although it's inactive (i.e. doesn't have an outgoing transaction)?

I just get the message:

No Account, Asset or Transaction matches your search

I am ready to redeem my nemstake on the AE via the phase 2 instructions. In the absence of real nem being live, how will we know it is successful, will there be some sort of notification that the nemstake has been received?

Blockchain never lies: Use www.nxtreporting.com, search for your account and monitor it.

Is there a way to check what's in an account although it's inactive (i.e. doesn't have an outgoing transaction)?

I just get the message:

No Account, Asset or Transaction matches your search

You can't check live net accounts yet cos there isn't any live net yet. Just make sure you saved the correct details. If you have sent off your nemstake already I'm afraid you won't know for certain that it's worked properly until we launch. Just don't lose your private key.

Thanks for the info. So for how long will it be possible to claim AE stakes? Will they expire at some point in time?

Thanks for the info. So for how long will it be possible to claim AE stakes? Will they expire at some point in time?

Please see this: https://medium.com/@xtester/extended-redemption-period-d6e7ceaf3a53

OK so if I claim my stake after launch I loose at least a quarter of my coins. So it would be smart to claim before launch but there is no way to be certain it worked right?

Please don't get me wrong I am only trying to understand what's the best way to do this and I am a bit afraid to miss a date.

Is there a launch date already BTW?

Thanks for all your help xtester.

OK so if I claim my stake after launch I loose at least a quarter of my coins. So it would be smart to claim before launch but there is no way to be certain it worked right?

Please don't get me wrong I am only trying to understand what's the best way to do this and I am a bit afraid to miss a date.

Is there a launch date already BTW?

Thanks for all your help xtester.

in the new build there is the ability to check that the private key you have generated maps to the address that you have saved.. so you can check that the details saved are all correct.. now you can be sure that everything is ok.. :)

no date yet.

Alright…phase 1 is behind us people.
Phase 2 will start later today not with a fizzle but with a BANG !

nice work!

Does it matter if I create the "real address" on a beta NIS that isn't up to date/synced with the blockchain? And what is the public key for?

Does it matter if I create the "real address" on a beta NIS that isn't up to date/synced with the blockchain? And what is the public key for?

No it doesn't matter.
TBH i don't know what the pub-key is for here.

No it doesn't matter.
TBH i don't know what the pub-key is for here.

The public key is the public key :) You just don't need to save it because our encryption curve lets us recreate the public key from the private key.

hi
i m btt stake holder …
how to claim my stake …i registred my token phase one
phase 2?
thx

OP is updated to reflect only the 2nd redemption phase.

hi
i m btt stake holder .......
how to claim my stake ...i registred my token phase one
phase 2?
thx

Please read the OP.