NEM Redemption Starts Now

No , so I do nothing yet with my Nem redemption tokens ?

For the moment you'll just have to wait.

Do I have to boot node before creating "real account data" or starting a client and simply login will do it?

Do I have to boot node before creating "real account data" or starting a client and simply login will do it?

I am pretty sure you do not have to boot a node to do the real account data generation, although I did not try it this way.

It is simply a NEM address/key generator so it should work without booting a local node, I think!

^ Thanks. If i have just one shot I want to be sure.

So is there any ETA on Phase 2 for BTT owners?

You can generate as much real accounts as you want. Just make sure to save ONE of them correct and safely and use this one to get your stake after launch.

^ Thanks. If i have just one shot I want to be sure.

So is there any ETA on Phase 2 for BTT owners?

No ETA yet, but I think it will be pretty soon.

I am pretty sure you do not have to boot a node to do the real account data generation, although I did not try it this way.

It is simply a NEM address/key generator so it should work without booting a local node, I think!

Once ncc is running you can turn off nis and disconnect from the internet if you like and it will still work. If clicking the option creates a private and public key along with an address then I don't think it matters if you have booted your node or anything else.

can i use the same NEM address to receive more than 2 NEM-stakes? i mean use 2 NXT different accounts but NEM address would be the same

can i use the same NEM address to receive more than 2 NEM-stakes? i mean use 2 NXT different accounts but NEM address would be the same

Sure, I guess that won't be a problem.

Well- I got it running! Quite an experience, crisp and pristine as newly fallen snow  8)
I haven't found the private key yet, but as I understand I won't need that to redeem my NEM from the NXT AE token.

Congratulations Devs!

Can anyone confirm that the 2 stakes per NXT account has been officially lifted and maybe provide a link for that announcement?
Does it mean that we can send more than 2 stakes to the redemption address and provide a single "Real NEM" address?

Can anyone confirm that the 2 stakes per NXT account has been officially lifted and maybe provide a link for that announcement?
Does it mean that we can send more than 2 stakes to the redemption address and provide a single "Real NEM" address?

Hereby confirmed.

Hereby confirmed.

Thank you Pat. Can you also confirm that the real NEM addresses contain 46 characters including the hypens and the private keys contain 64/66 characters, please? I just don't want to make any mistake while sending the stakes to the NXt address.

hmm… I haven't been able to find any 'private key' in my wallet yet- can anyone provide a link to a
'NEM wallet for dummies' for me?  :-[

What I did so far was enter a looong random PW and land in my wallet with  TTTTTT- etc account name.
Can't find any mention there of private keys.

hmm.. I haven't been able to find any 'private key' in my wallet yet- can anyone provide a link to a
'NEM wallet for dummies' for me?  :-[

How much more dummy than in the op do you need it ? https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2488.msg6059#msg6059

ah good! that's what I needed… In fact, I had seen it before, but - forgotten where!

ok, so now I have my real NEM address and the privKey (safe).

What I will do next is send my NEM token to this NXT account, including ONLY my real NEM address in the unencrypted(!) transfer message:

NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH

Important to emphasize the UNENCRYPTED(!) part, because in the  NXT client, the encryption box is checked by default!!! That is a bit unfortunate, and I have made this mistake many times before while testing something, so it won't hurt to mention it again:

DO NOT FORGET TO UN-CHECK THE 'ENCRYPT MESSAGE' CHECKBOX IN THE NXT CLIENT WHEN TRANSFERRING THE NEM TOKEN

I see it's the time of Phase 2 ,can bitcoinTalk users  get nem coins?

I am not quite getting this.

is the token that I received my NEMStake?
Do I cut and post this in the NEM amount box and send to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH ?

I have done it like this so far using Chrome and I keep getting the error:

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!!

I am not quite getting this.

is the token that I received my NEMStake?
Do I cut and post this in the NEM amount box and send to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH ?

I have done it like this so far using Chrome and I keep getting the error:

An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, you are missing - well everything.
The code you received via pm is not NEMStake. NEMStake is an asset on the NXT AE.
The process for you, as a btt user that doesn't have his stake on the NXT AE the process is outlined in the OP as phase 1.

The error you are getting results from you trying to send something to a NXT address with the NEM Client :)

I am wearing my dunces cap with pride!!!