NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Dear @BloodyRookie

1. The servant public key must have been because I used my supernode-servant/servant/config.properties as the config file and not supernode-servant/config-user.properties
    I settled that and restarted.
    (Seems the servant uses a default value
    "421fe21ed70e440c49377acbc062bb5ee0d4cf783701b60f3ecc8ecd531ecb52" if no config-user.properties exists. This key doesn’t belong to this machine and I can’t find it in any config file.)

2. The African hypervisor operator had misconfigured the VM instance. (only 500M of RAM)
    Now it’s 1G… Rebooted now. Curious to see the outcome.

3. Connectivity (at least inside South Africa) seems quite OK.
    root@ubuntu:~# python speedtest-cli

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration…
Retrieving speedtest.net server list…
Testing from Hetzner (197.189.226.25)…
Selecting best server based on latency…
Hosted by Ntelecom (Bloemfontein) [215.85 km]: 24.341 ms
Testing download speed…
Download: 78.08 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed…
Upload: 59.47 Mbit/s

@r3n3, the node is responding faster now, the servant key looks ok. Let’s see what the tests results in the next 24 hours look like.

@BloodyRookie

Ping time issue :rolling_eyes:

Need one server in north Africa first before can set up in South Africa? :joy:
What do you suggest to do?

Need more nodes nearby. I will try to set up a node in South Africa this weekend.

OK, that’s one solution. Nevertheless, this one is in South Africa.
Not better to exclude the ping-time requirement for this particular first African node? Once the network grows, cease the exclusion.

I think it is easier to just add another node there. That is the usual way to help a lonely node. I did that for my Australian node too when it failed some tests.

Can you help me with my z1 and z3 nodes? they falling every few days. then i reboot them, they run fine day or two, then crashing again… z2 and z4 located at the same provider and works perfect.

Seems like nis is the one having problems. Do all 4 nodes have the same specs, e.g OS, RAM, location,…?
How much memory are you giving to NIS?

@owner of supernode with ip 36.55.236.51 : you forgot to supply an alias for the supernode. Please let me know what name you would like to give your supernode.

Yes. all 4 the same. 768mb i guess…

And the nodes have 1GB memory all in all?

correct.

try giving 640MB to nis and 128MB to the servant, then restart both. What OS do you use?

debian 8. i do exactly that was write in linux tutorial. And this began after *79 version update.

Hi BloodyRookie,

missing server name when sent enroll message.
How can I correct? please support.

debian 8 is good. just decrease the mem given to nis and the servant to the above values.

What supernode name would you like to have?

640MB to nis and 128MB to the servant, correct?

IP: 36.55.236.51
Please name TylerWarren

yes