NEM Supernode Rewards Program

“Reset” is probably the button he should press.

ok i will try

I see quite a few nodes that don’t have the balance for passing the balance tests. Let me remind those guys that it does not make sense to have a supernode without the needed balance. Either fill in more xem or your supernode will get deactivated!

1 Like

I believe I have my supernode issue resolved. DNS provider had placed a default “www” url redirect entry in DNS record for host, deleted entry and results have normalized.

Thanks for info, BR. Of course 2% isn’t too much, and as I’m located in the EU and have all my server background in the EU, I really don’t plan to migrate server (or myself) to US. Plus - we’d try to widespread with Supernodes all the Earth, not just US, won’t we ? :wink:

Yesterday I noticed another fail - in the round #1873, and (again) just with the “Height” column. What is very curious, measuring servant in that round was probably my second Supernode server (to this “failing one”). Strange.

So, question No.1 – is there some tool for analyzing the servant log (located in node-rewards/servant/log/ folder), as I’d like to compare this log with my server logs (of course again I have the strong feeling, that there was everything clear with my servers and with running NIS as well) … ?

Question No.2 / proposal - can we think about “refinement of conditions” of rewards, means - for the reward round is eligible any node, that passed at least 3/4 of last rounds (now it is strictly 4/4) ? Justification: Somebody (yes, it’s typically my situation) can have hunderds of “green rows”, and just rarely some fail; but most (if not all) of these rarely fails are unexpectedly and uncaused issues (like network outage somewhere in the middle). On the other hand, if somebody has some HW troubles and/or sell his coins under the 3mio limit, etc, he has usually “flood of red rows” in measuring then.
So, this slightly change in conditions would help to be “a little bit more equitably in general”, but doesn’t unfair benefit the “notoric failers” in any way.

Thank you.

height is not reported by a servant, the master is querying the node directly.

Don’t like that to be honest. Other european nodes don’t have that trouble, see for example Alice3 in germany:

https://supernodes.nem.io/history/search/Alice3

how come your node is failing?

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I finaly configured my supernode, on amazon btw, so this is it https://supernodes.nem.io/details/605 . Well I missed to open port 7880 so before todays 6am test I open it, but the result is still fail.

So now 7778, 7880, and 7890 are open.

The results shows the folowing, no Bandwith, no chain height or part, no computing power balance is ok, no version, ping is ok, no responsiveness.

What am I missing gents?

Servant seems to have the correct configuration but NIS is showing the wrong public key.
Please check the NIS config.properties for the correct boot key.

Seems that in config.properties de nis.bootkey was missing a capital K and nis.bootName was spelled nis.bootNAme, hope thats it.

Thank you.

I hope you restarted NIS after fixing it ^^

The whole server, I dont want to risk it!! thanks

Ok, thanks for info again. I really don’t know, how come that’s node is failing (or “something failing”, 'cause I still don’t see any clear trouble directly on my node), so that’s the reason what I’m try to find out. Of course is not so dramatic at all - there were around 4-5 (strange/inexplicable) fails in 3-4 months range…it’s really not too much (it correlates with your 2% estimate). But I’d like to have 100% success rate. As for the strenthening network, as for my profit as well. Of course ;).

@BloodyRookie Can you temporarily deactivate my node . XNODE
tks

Done

Hi, BloodyRookie, i am planned to upgrade my VPS plan to more powerful,

so i have a question: that’s better to chose, single core 2500 Mhz processor, or little more expensive but 2x2000 Mhz?
Did supernode servant use 2 cores, then it run Computing power test?

The computing power test uses only 1 core. To my experience, a single core system is enough to pass all node rewards tests. If possible you should choose a server with 2GB RAM, give NIS 1GB and the servant 256MB. That works very well for my nodes.

Hello BloodyRookie,
Could you deactive my supernode(ClockWorks).

Thanks.

Done.

Sorry.

Not deactivate.
Please delete my SuperNode(ClockWorks) .

Deactivate = let the node retire
So everything is fine.