NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Thanks, no typo there.
First of all, few days ago I decided I want to run supernode. After some studying I realized that my ISP did not give me public IP address. So I contacted him to give me public IP address. Which he gave me and it is 213.192.24.194 (as you can see it is actually also working). I also see this IP address in my WAN settings in Asus router. But interesting part is when I try to check my ip address by whatismyip I do not see 213.192.24.194 but see 213.192.4.142 (and this IP address is the old one before I have public IP). I think it is weird. I also tried restart my roter, PC but nothink solved. Do you think it is “normal” to act like this?
Do you think this difference between IP address is the problem why I cannot see my node in blockchain explorer? But for me it is weird that I can access http://213.192.24.194:7890/node/extended-info
I think if there is a problem it also should not working. Or Am I wrong?

can you supply the NIS log “nis-0.log”?

I cannot find “nis-0.log” file in folder where is my NEM(NIS) Installation. Do you have any idea why I do not have the log file or where I should find it?
Also the difference between IP address of my Asus router and whatismyip is now solved. It was problem on my ISP side (he made some typo somwhere). So this is now solved but I still do not see me node in explorer.

Now I can see my node on explorer! It seems that it was really problem of my ISP. So thanks for your time BloodyRookie. Now I will send you my request for supernode.

nis-0.log can be found in c.\users\ < your_user > \nem\nis\logs on windows or /home/ < your_user > /nem/nis/logs in a linux system.

1 Like

ok, good you solved the problem :slight_smile:

I really appreciate that you are superfast in responses here :). Thanks again.
So now I have just finally set supernode. I have just sent to account my message to participate on supernode program.
Please confirm that everything is fine and you received my message on NEM.
My supernode IP is 213.192.24.194 and name NEMczech.

Your supernode is in the database

https://supernodes.nem.io/details/843

and both NIS and servant are responding. So let’s wait for 24 hours and see how it is performing.

Thank you for good informations I can see my node there. I will be waiting and I will check how my node performs.

Hello BloodyRookie so here is the first test of my supernode https://supernodes.nem.io/details/843
I see that my supernode failed. I checked all tabs and it seems that the only one condition my supernode did not pass was responsiveness. Am I right?
How to improve responsiveness to pass supernode conditions? Is it about computonial power or is is about ISP?

As i wrote above, wait 24 hours, it is normal that the node fails in the first 2 rounds.

1 Like

OK, I will be waiting.

Hi BloodyRookie, I know that you told that it is normal that supernode fails in first two rounds but my supernode https://supernodes.nem.io/details/843 have just failed also on third round at the same criterium RESPONSIVENESS. Do you still think it is OK (normal) and it will be OK? I have some bad feeling that there is some problem but I do not know where.
Thanks for your opinion and I hope you can solve it.

hmm…yea, that does not look good. How much RAM do you give to NIS?

I did not change anything about RAM management in config.propereties (default settings). Or is there some settings I can try to change to solve it?

BTW, my node is runnig on Sony Vaio S15, with 512GB SSD and 12GB RAM. From this point of view I cannot see any performace issues to running supernode.

If you have 12GB RAM available, you should change the NIS start script to use more RAM, like 8GB and you probably should use G1 garbage collector. Something like adding

-Xms8G -Xmx8G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+PrintGC -Xloggc:"./gc.txt"

in the start script which also logs the some garbage collector information to see how well it is doing.

I do not have 12GB free RAM! 12GB is my total RAM for my notebook. So this will eat most of my RAM :). So I hope that 2G should be enough.
So this is my actual configuration of NIS.bat file:
pushd nis
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -cp “.;./;…/libs/” org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter
popd

Could you please tell me what the number after Xms means and what the number after Xmx means? I want to better understand this values to properly set up right values for my computer.

I have also another idea. On my Asus router I have turned on DoS protection. So I tried to turn it off and I will see if that can help. What do you think?
This is what DoS protection on Asus router means https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1031610/

It seems that turned off Asus DoS setting did not help. I turned it off before round 2622 and as you can see it did not help.
So, now I am trying to set and run NIS with -Xms1G -Xmx2G. I hope that two times higher setting compared to default settings will help. If not what will be your opinions?

Is not this a matter of network quality?
It is highly likely that packet loss is occurring somewhere.

I really do not know. That is why I am asking here. So do you think I should try to solve this issue with my ISP? And ahat should I tell to my ISP? That I have a packet loss or what? And it is not a problem of any settings of my NIS? Thanks.