NEM Supernode Rewards Program

I do not know if ISP can get the answer.
From the test result of SuperNode, the following possibilities are considered.
There is a problem somewhere from the network interface of your PC to your ISP.
Moreover, it may be also in ISP.

PC main unit · Network cable · Router · Connection line to ISP.
Do not have any problem with any one.

As a separate case, I think that the result will be better if the starting options are aligned with Xms and Xmx.
-Xms2G -Xmx2G

Also, if necessary, it is good to add -XX:+UseG1GC
Here, improvement of response performance is expected.

thanks

Thanks for your opinions. But as you can see I have too much choices :). But still I hope that I will solve it with your (or BloodyRookie) help.
First of all I will try -Xms2G -Xmx2G setting.
I want to ask you what this -XX:+UseG1GC exactly means and what is the actual impact of this setting on performance of my node?

In Java, JVM is managing memory.
It is necessary to arrange and release the memory which became obsolete and no longer needed.
For that option, we changed the algorithm for releasing memory to G1GC.

In Java 8, it normally moves at high speed, and the program stops for a while during memory release. That is the default setting.

So, using G1GC, the program will stop for a minimum amount of time.
The program will not stop for more than 200ms (G1GC default) as a standard value.

Currently there is almost no single CPU & single threaded environment, so there is almost no stopping.
Basically, while executing the program, we also proceed with releasing unnecessary memory at the same time.

However, since the effect becomes bigger when consuming more memory, there is no guarantee that the effect will be comprehensively effected in this case.

In Java 9, G1GC becomes the memory release algorithm at normal time.

thanks

Thanks for clarification mizunashi.
For round 2623 I had -Xms2G -Xmx2G setting. But as you can see it did not help.
So now for next round 2624 I made this settings (from BloodyRookie opinion):
java -Xms2G -Xmx2G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+PrintGC -Xloggc:"./gc.txt" -cp “.;./;…/libs/” org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter
So I can post here also gc.txt file after rund 2624.

But I have a bad feeling that this will not help to solve my responsiveness problem.
Interesting is that for round 2622 I had the best responsiveness time 1333 ms (6/10) and it was with changed setting of DoS in my Asus router (I turned off DoS protection for that round).
So now I again turned off DoS setting in my Asus router to check if it helps and also I turned off QoS setting. Maybe this should has also impact to pass responsiveness test.

But if this do not help I really do not know what to do next.
BloodyRookie, do not you think that problem should be that my node (I am located in Czech Republic - Europe) is testing by node that is too far away from my node? E.g. from USA or something like that? Could you please check it if this is not the problem?

Doesn’t seem to be a memory problem. The ping test also shows problems: -1; -1; 88; 48; 42
Meaning that 2 out of 5 times the servant did not respond to the ping in a timely fashion.

what is the node’s public ip, 213.192.24.194 or 213.192.4.194? Both IPs are from Czech Republic but only the latter can be pinged regularly. You mentioned that there first was a provider problem, what exactly was it?

Node’s public ip is 213.192.24.194. Not 213.192.4.194, where you can see that IP at the moment?
When provider gave me public IP address (213.192.24.194) he made soem typo in (I do not know exactly) som table and when I tried to check what is my IP I still saw the old IP address which was not public (and that is the IP 213.192.4.194). But after that I called my ISP to tell him this and then I repair it and told me that he made only some typo.

So now you should see only one IP (public) for my node, which is 213.192.24.194. But you wrote that this IP has some ping issues which should be linked to responsiveness issues my node has, right?

So the last round 2624was totally bad. And this is what I get with best setting (at least I think so). With 2GB RAM and also with added G1GC option.
So I really do not know what is wrong now. I am going to set my node and router as it was before (active DoS protection, and QoS) and also I try to contact my ISP. But it is really weird problem I think.

Hi, so another day is over, I have some communication with my ISP and he do not know what is wrong. Everything should be OK from his side. And I really donot know what should I try to tweak. Could you please cheeck it more detaily if you can BloodyRookie? Because I cannot see the reason why it is not working properly. Thank you very much.
https://supernodes.nem.io/details/843

Looks like your node doesn’t like to get a bunch of requests at the same time. But i have no idea what is causing the problem. It is as if your node was behind the great chinese firewall. Those guys had those kind of problems too.

Well, really strange problem. I can try maybe to turn off my Kaspersky Internet Securiy (but I do not think it is related). Now I can only try this thing with really small chance to solve the problem.
So maybe the only real solution for me will be to set up supernode on some VPS. What do you recommend to use in Europe? What is the recommended specification of VPS?

For example look at here: " https://nodeexplorer.com/ " ---->" Internet Service Provider ". A lot of different VPS.
Some cheap or a bit more expensive.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip garm, I will check it.

I highly suggest this method. I bet you will have a lot better success, and you will probably cover the monthly server cost with a single node reward payment.

1 Like

Well, I hope so. The only problem for me will be to set up VPS properly because I have not done it before and also I am not a programmer. So I have respect from set up VPS. Do you think 2GB ram VPS should be fine?

BloodyRookie - I finally passed one round of test! Round 2631 https://supernodes.nem.io/archive/843/2631
I see that that test was done by some new node “Brains node”. So now I start to think it should be really realted who and where is the node who test my supernode. Maybe nodes before were at far location from me. Am I right?

It will also pass the next round. Maybe your provider did change something, or turning off Kaspersky Internet Securiy improved the situation?

Well it seems it is working now. 2 rounds passed :-).
My provider did not change amything.
I tried one thing. I turned off DoS protection in my Asus router (I tried it also few times before but without success). But yesterday after I turned off DoS I also restarted router and my notebook and it seems that router should.be restarted after change DoS settings (but router alone do not want for.me to restart or is not restarted automatically).
So.I.hope that whas the problem and now it will be working :-).

Hi there,
our supernode is failing tests. Nemster ist the nodes name. We have installed 2 days ago. Can you help?

My node has been failing every other day as well

http://46.252.24.18:7890/node/info
http://46.252.24.18:7880/nr/metaData

Seems either the software is not running or the ports are not open.

And the node name is?