NEM Symbol Wallets Release - discussion thread

The roadmap is the one that is reset at that point.
There is no reason to stick to a roadmap created in the past
Ask for a redesign that you can afford

@tresto

Previously, I signed up for the mobile version test via the google form to participate. I havenā€™t heard from them since. What happened to it?

I am not sure on the old one. There will be a new list and details communicated with the release announcement (Friday this week or Monday next week). We needed to create new Apple store account(s) to pass their approval process etc, the old list is probably and old account as well.

When is Account and Mosaic Restriction going to be implemented? In the final release?

This will not be in the wallet for launch/final release. The feature will be built in (it was is a Should rather than a Must requirement on the requirements document) between now and launch, and tested. It will probably be in the first release after launch, we may be able to release an Alpha for Testnet before then but the team will also be focussed on resolving issues/bugs on the current features for the final release to support launch on the 14th Jan.

@dusanjp

The roadmap is the one that is reset at that point. There is no reason to stick to a roadmap created in the past Ask for a redesign that you can afford

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t really understand this question, I think it didnā€™t translate well maybe. I think perhaps the suggestion is changing the features for launch due to the launch date change. If that is not what is says please ignore this answer though. The extra time has been given to allow for soak testing and issue resolution of the completed features. If we keep adding new features, the time before that can start is longer which adds risk to launch etc.

There will be a roadmap communicated between now and launch for what happens after launch, which I think is the part of the map that is missing - launch is just an important step but there are further developments after launch as well and they need to be communicated.

1 Like

Ahaha
Certainly it seems that it did not convey well

But I got the response I wanted
I can generally agree with that
Thank you

I hope it will be a reliable launch!

1 Like

Resolve problems with existing functions until launch
I support this

1 Like

Hi Team.
Congratulations on completing the sprint ver.

Do you have plans for a universal version release?
In the case of the Windows .exe file , a warning comes in every time of installation.

2 Likes

Hi @GodTanu,

I thought Iā€™d catch these points while the team are doing the important work on the mobile apps. Thanks for the two points, both are correct and will be fixed.

We are just working through the final deployment tasks and validations for the mobile apps, they are ready for release and will be released in the next few hours (assuming nothing is found in validation).

Do you have plans for a universal version release?

The nightly build release is actually built in this way, no reason it canā€™t be released as a zip file the same as Nano Wallet was. The team have recorded an issue in for this and will try and pick it up next week:
https://github.com/nemgrouplimited/symbol-desktop-wallet/issues/721

In the case of the Windows .exe file , a warning comes in every time of installation.

This one is related to the installation files not being signed fully, they will also pick this up next week alongside the general issues resolution:

https://github.com/nemgrouplimited/symbol-desktop-wallet/issues/720

1 Like

The mobile wallets have just been released (Android available right now, iOS coming)

1 Like

In response to the decision to postpone the launch, we decided to repurchase xem

Pay tribute to the courageous decision

8 Likes

A new version of the wallets has been released and iOS will go into open beta shortly

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.