Please help recover lost xem

Exodus Wallet has Bitcoin,Dash,Eth,Litecoin, Golem and Dogecoin capability. Its similar to Jaxx (mobilwallet) but for desktop and a bit smoother/safer imo. Thank you for the help i already wrote 4 tickets to them and 5 to shapeshift. Something is wrong with their convertion servers or whatever they use:)))

oh, that is good news :slight_smile:

Hi, i am trying to recover my Xem. I sent it to this address NBLQ6P-E7Z5CV-ANJNXG-OR74UQ-LOJ2YM-GJJOZ4-YFAQ, which i am pretty sure is the address i have been receiving from. My Xem wallet address is NA6INJ-42ZWTC-VJELYJ-FOZKVO-GD6I5J-L4NW3D-7NAG. please help!

It comes all down to your private key. Do you have your private key ? There is a reason, why itĀ“s called "private"
And sending money to an other address is not helping, for sure:slight_smile:

I did a transaction through Changlly. I bought around 1600 Nem. When it asked for the destination key i accidentally put the wrong address. It was the address at the top of my Nem wallet, which i am assuming was who i last received my Nem from. I copied their address (the one provided in my previous message) instead of my own. So now I do not know how to recover these funds. I contacted Changlly Tech Support and they stated because the transaction was confirmed on their end that I now have to contact Nem Tech Support.

1 Like

Yep, itĀ“s a trap, dispute it until they donĀ“t want to see you anymore. Never give up.

1 Like

What is the transaction hash for that transaction?

@bloodyrookie ccooper had the same issue i tried to explain yestersday. We dont have a transaction hash because there is only the input hash from changelly on the transaction id/order ID. It is basically on Chnagelly to foward those funds. They are not responding to any of my tickets so i guess tha t site likes to scam people for small transactions.

This is the ID link that i could follow from Exodus: https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/c75b5454152b65d651e2a20d082f6142a5345f976447ca1c91b8719c24d5d77c/

ok, then i guess i cannot help and you guys have to wait for Changelly to reply.

I have already been in contact with changlly and there is nothing they can do. They said to contact tech support for nem.

uffā€¦so step by step again:

1. you bought 1600 xem. You did that with another cryptocurrency or with $?
  2. did you tell Changelly that you used the Changelly nem address as destination? If yes, they should know that the xem are still in their system. I donā€™t know why they are asking to contact nem support.

I purchased Etherium through Coinbase, then I went to changlly and bought
nem with that. Around 1600. I entered the wrong nem address into changlly.
The transaction went through because the address I entered was someoneā€™s
actual address. So they said once the transaction is complete they can no
longer reverse it and it is then a nem tech support issue.

you will need to get in contact with the person you send this money toā€¦ nem support canā€™t really do something since the money was sent to a third party account, i suggest you ask in chats if someone received your money or give them the recipient address and maybe we know who received your transactionā€¦

How would I do that ? Just leave a message on the forum like I did for this
one? I am relatively new to this.

post the addressā€¦ there is no way to tell who own this address you sent it to but maybe you have luck and the person sees your message and sends it backā€¦ no other real possibility

Haha I donā€™t see that happening but I will definitely try. Thank you for
your help.

But you said above you entered the address
NBLQ6P-E7Z5CV-ANJNXG-OR74UQ-LOJ2YM-GJJOZ4-YFAQ
as destination address. That is the Changely address. So it is up to them to check in their system if the xem were indeed sent to that address.

Do you remember the exact time when you initiated it?

Yes it was 1:20 on April 27th

Here is one from April 27th which has Changelly as sender and recipient and has around 1600 xem transferred:

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/8b638a9d5a2aa80f2bf7da05305333731627586bb3bdf81f6869593a2ed2e1ae

do you the exact value of how many xem you were supposed to get? Maybe there is some history in Changelly available?

1 Like

Thatā€™s my transaction. I just checked the amount. 1,624.183032