Proposed usage for unclaimed / socks

thank you kodtycoon, i agree with your much better explenation...

but i think that the people who manage the community fund should be public with real name, since this is not a trustless job. if someone wants to be hidden -> not part of comm fund management. and this management should track all investments including potential silver coins...

I agree with the request for transparency at all times.  Any backroom deals to sell stakes isn't going to look good, IMO.  Why not auction off the stakes on BTER or NXT AE? 

I don't think its out of the question for supporters to see invoices, of course protecting private information. 

I think ther person transacting with the Perth mint should be known but to make public core devs is unessesary IMO.

i think that there is no doubt that real names in combination with multi sig would be safer than only multisig. but if this means that we lose the majority of the core team, then i agree that multisig only is - "ok". what i cannot imagine is like anonym community managers can communicate with vc companies, other companies to buy advertisment, other devs to buy a mobile app, etc… communication with perth mine is not anonym as well and i dont think they will sign a NDA.

i think that there is no doubt that real names in combination with multi sig would be safer than only multisig. but if this means that we lose the majority of the core team, then i agree that multisig only is - "ok". what i cannot imagine is like anonym community managers can communicate with vc companies, other companies to buy advertisment, other devs to buy a mobile app, etc… communication with perth mine is not anonym as well and i dont think they will sign a NDA.

Devs or other team members do not need to be known in real life on the forums to communicate with other developers, VC's or anyone else face to face using real ID. When the time comes that it is required for someone to come out of the shadows I have no doubt someone will. It's already happened on more than one occasion but who came out of the shadows, the reason they did and the fact the community wasn't told does not matter. What matters is that what needs to be done is being done and it's being done by some very smart and dedicated people and these people are going waaaay out of their way for the betterment of nem which in turn is a benefit to everyone who holds nem.

We are on the ball dude… Pushing for identities to be revealed won't help anything. It will only serve to spread mistrust because mistrust is friggin contagious. You make some valid points but your taking them to the extreme.

In short, those who need to cone out of the shadows Will but they will only be exposed to only those who require to see them. Anything more is unneccessary risk. Just look what happened to the late hal Finney and his family if this doesn't make sense to you.

thank you for explenation. real ids is something i would prefer but nothing what is really important for me as a stakeholder at the moment - so we could end the id topic here.

Using all of the funds, not just buying the silver coins, needs to be done in a way such that a scammer can not steal anything. Those responsible for carrying out projects should be held responsible for their actions and they should do what is in the best interest of NEM and not themselves.

The purchase of the silver coins should be done in the open, with the amount of stakes required to purchase being made public once the final number is known.

The usage of multisig to manage the community funds is a great improvement in terms of security/trust and NEM is the first crypto system which will use multisig from the beginning (=launch) on. I am very happy that NEM grows like this.

But… Multisig cannot improve security/trust if you cannot be sure that the persons who use multisig to manage the funds are really more than 1 person. I personally have no doubt that the devs and e.g. patmast3r (you could pick more random "NEM people") are really different persons, but I think you get my point. So to make the public feel 100 % comfortable (and to give FUDlers no chance) we could think about a way to prove that the fund managers are different persons.

At the end of the day there are 7 billion people in the world. If we deliver great work to the 7 billion people, no one will care about FUDsters. The point is that results must be delivered.

...what i cannot imagine is like anonym community managers can communicate with vc companies, other companies to buy advertisment, other devs to buy a mobile app, etc... communication with perth mine is not anonym as well and i dont think they will sign a NDA.

Everyone that has talked to companies (other than exchanges) and went to conferences obviously didn't go there with a mask. They didn't hide their ID infront of those people. There is a HUGE difference between showing a small group of people that you talk to face to face who you are and reveiling your real identitfy to a bunch of asshats in the cryptosphere. There are so many genuinely bad people in this scene that it could really endanger people (hint at the person running DGEX who received death threats just because withdrawals where taking to long or something like that). You can't ask anyone to do that. If the team hasn't earned everyones trust by now (which is just laughable) then I'm sorry.

Silver coins will be ordered by a legally established company (Perth Mint doesn't work with individuals), so that company will have to abide by laws and regulations.

Hello.

It seems this idea is spreading into other coins too :wink:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg10089231#msg10089231

Hello.

It seems this idea is spreading into other coins too ;)

if we have them made at perth mint and distributed to users in the nemesis, no other coin will be able to compete with that. nor pull it off on the same scale.

Hello.

if we have them made at perth mint and distributed to users in the nemesis, no other coin will be able to compete with that. nor pull it off on the same scale.

Yes, for a start, it won't be just 100 coins. It would be >1500 coins. Biggest and the NEMest! ;)

Hello.

Yes, for a start, it won't be just 100 coins. It would be >1500 coins. Biggest and the NEMest! ;)

We need to get a move on though lol how long would production take between payment and delivery? About?

Hello.

We need to get a move on though lol how long would production take between payment and delivery? About?

3-4 months. JIT for NEM AE. ;D

Hello.

LOL, it is a good confirmation that we are doing the right thing if everyone wants to copy us.

they are talking about a v currency that is backed by metal - this is a completly other story than here…

Correct.

NEM is in no way backed by these silver coins. A currency is backed by something if you guarantee that people can get XY for YZ NEM.

Correct.

NEM is in no way backed by these silver coins. A currency is backed by something if you guarantee that people can get XY for YZ NEM.

Power of NEM's ecosystem is that its colored assets can be made to be backed by real assets. NEM does not need to be backed.

Hello.

Seems to happen with everything these days.