Proposed usage for unclaimed / socks

I would take some of the unclaimed coins to distribute them by a faucet. More distribution mean better acceptance.

I come from the Nxt community what has a official faucet (nxtfaucet.org). NEM should do something similar.

I would take some of the unclaimed coins to distribute them by a faucet. More distribution mean better acceptance.

I come from the Nxt community what has a official faucet (nxtfaucet.org). NEM should do something similar.

Giveaways don't really lead to anything useful. People need skin in the game if they are going to contribute anything.

How did the Stellar giveaway work out? Aurora airdrop?
Can you name one accomplishment of the NxT faucet? I used the NxT faucet several times to get some free NxT, but the amount I got did not make me thrilled or change the way I make my living.

I would use some of the unclaimed stakes as a bounty. Like what Nxt had done at least during the early days.

For example,

1.) giving bounties in XEM to "hackers" that uses the testNEM client to find any way to hack the client for advantages. Depending how valuable the hack was to the system will depend how much of XEM is given.

2.) giving XEM to a known crypto expert (or experts) to audit and that can look over the NEM code for any other security issues, etc.

ideas that are at least off the top of my head.

And use some of the NEMstakes to fund a faucet that helps new users till it runs dry.  :slight_smile:

@wakasaki808
Yes, 1) is a very good idea and I am pretty sure this is going to happen.
2) is more difficult: We would need somebody with good reputation, so any ideas?