Scammers stole my XEM

пароль у меня не был типа 12345abc, и что вы хотите сказать что все так и останется? и дальше этот мошенник будет красть деньги вкладчиков??

почему до сих пор не приняты никакие меры по данному кошельку? Это ведь уже второе обращение, многие даже не проверяют свой баланс, и даже не знают что стали жертвами этого мошенника. Nem пишет что у нее большие планы, но как они хотят идти дальше если они не могут доработать даже свой кошелек???

@Saul подключитесь пожалуйста к моему вопросу

did you use a brainwallet?

I apologize, but I do not understand some of your words since I’m Russian, and do not speak good English. My wallet was on the start.html. I chose a wallet and entered a password.

You quoted Xem got stolen from private key wallet
This user used a very simple brainwallet password, brainwallets, unlike the simple wallet, is less secure, as you only need the password to unlock the account. Brainwallets can be brute forced. This really is not the fault of NEM, it is the nature of brain wallets.

1 Like

Dear @Saul, dear community of NEM! I never try to blame anyone for what happened. You need to understand that a certain group of people or perhaps one person is hacking your users’ wallets and brazenly stealing money from them. It’s very insulting to lose your money like this. I want you to pay attention to this that the funds are transferred to the same wallet. Tell me whether there is an opportunity to return my XEM?

1 Like

This is a system and it is easy to track where the money went, or in the end to cancel the transfers. I’m very angry at these people, now I have a fear use of XEM

1 Like

I do not understand why technical support is needed? To say that the funds can not be returned and I used a light password? I learned nothing new from you! This is ridiculous. Close then generally this forum - Captain obvious!

In which country is NEM company registered? In this country there is no law regulating fraudulent actions by hackers? You want to create something big, but you will not get anything until you figure out the little things.

Forgive me, but with all due respect, I do not accept your answer. I do not want this topic to be closed.

If you left your wallet out in the street, which is the same as using a weak password for a brainwallet, would you then go to the people making your wallet and ask them to fix the mistake or would you go and say “well that was dumb of me, shouldn’t have left my wallet out on the street.” ?

People are paying attention to the issue, which is why there are warnings and recommendations regarding password strenght which you evidently ignored.

Due to the nature of blockchains coins can’t be returned unless the person in control of the account where the coins are being held now returns them. There is no centralized control hence no law or regulation can help you. It’s simply impossible to return them due to the underlying technology.

Listen, few people are posting in this thread because it’s obvious it was your own fault and that you are unwilling to invest 5 minutes to understand what actually happend. Calling the few people that are trying to explain things to you “Caption Obvious” does nothing to further your cause and everything to make you look like a russian douchebag.

2 Likes

It turns out that the fact that I’m Russian? Are you a Nazi? No one publishes this because you:

1. Not even deigned on the registration page of a clever purse, until now, indicate that the password must consist of at least 30 characters.
  2. They did not block the purse of the attacker, although you already had two registered appeals to you!
    On whose side are you at all?

I got no idea where the nazi thing is comeing from…I just…I…I can’t even…what?

The warning has been on the registration page for a while now. Definitely before the current version.

You can’t block it. It’s simply impossible. The only thing nem can do and should do is enforce strong passwords. @Quantum_Mechanics

You have obviously no idea how any of this works so I’d advise you to either educate yourself on the the technology your are using, heed warnings that the software is giving you, or just not use it.

I’m on the side of common sense. Sadly that doesn’t seem to be the side you are on.

Yes, you got stolen by the exact same thief.
Afterwards, for fun, i tried to come up with some simple passwords for a brain wallet.
i tried out: HelloWorld
and it opened a real wallet also stolen by that same thief. he definitely has a program running trying out passwords until he hits someone.

I’m sorry for your loss, as i am for mine. :frowning:

cant you block wallet since chaine is transparant?
The allegations regarding the security that are raised here are, in my opinion, very serious. I understand that one is responsible for the safety itself. As the code of my debitcard. But the bank has retrofitted with cameras at the atm as extra security or freezing accounts if irregular transactions, even paypal.
1.If I offer a product for the storage of valuable values, I must be sure that I offer safety standards of today.
2.If I am pointed out safety gaps I will not say shit hapns. better luck next time.

why?

Because I want to reach a mass market, which means I must be user-friendly. Easy for everyone.
Because the market is new and there is a high demand for security when we enter new terrain.
Because I want to create trust I assure that I will do everything to prevent future thieves or sanction them.

AND YES GET A BIG ASS NICE N LONG PASSWORD!!!
Just my point

You argue globally, and this also expresses my point of view. I do not understand how a company striving to compete gives a product that in fact does not have any security at all. You very well spent parralel between a bank card. But unfortunately, apparently all these guys that respond to us here do not have the authority to do something serious, and this is very, very bad.

You’re THE most ignorant person I’ve ever seen in all of crypto-land and that says something. Can you comprehend what people have been telling you ? You seem completely resistant to explananations and basic facts.

Entirely pointless to continue this thread.

2 Likes

601/5000
I think that a further post here is unnecessary, as far as I understand, the help link leads to GitHub, so try it there. Your money is gone and that is sad and unfortunate. I would love to cover but i have no possibility. What you can do now:

Inform the developers of Nano wallet, build a little presure.

Inform everyone on bitcointalk, reddit and so on so the people are prepared.

Let all know that the failure of the user and technical operational errors lead to loss.

Also look for the own debt to get stronger from this story.

ALSO
Stephen Chia
NEM Regional Head South East Asia
Email: stephen@nem.my try n write her

ALL THE BEST

You need to read up on crypto, securing your funds is you own responsibility also it is impossible to block someone on the blockchain.