Symbol Launch - Community Discussion on timing options

@dusanjp and @Damien666

I am just breaking the conversation out here from:

and

I have seen similar conversations on other threads and on twitter and am interested in other’s opinions on the subject.

The subject is that assuming Testnet testing passes and a March date is selected, some people have a preference for when that should occur in March, the 3 main preferences I am seeing are summarised as:

• ASAP: As soon as possible, just get it out and launched as quickly as practical

• 16-18 March to coincide with the Finsum conference in Japan which is a large Fintech conference that NEM is will represented at via the Nikei partnership and has large headsof industry & govt officials present at.

• 29 March which is the NEM NIS1 launch date, so Symbol would launch 6 years after NIS1 did.

There is really no single right answer to this, it is entirely personal preference, individual motivations, thoughts on adoption/price/awareness opportunities play heavily in backing one date or another.

I want to try and get the conversation going quickly on its own thread, we are not committing to a March date until the steps outlined in the post above are complete on the Public Testnet, but if one is possible, what are people’s preferences?

14 Likes

We must launch the Symbol while the altcoin season is at its maximum. The launch cannot be postponed. It is necessary to set a launch date as soon as possible and launch a large-scale advertising campaign to attract the maximum audience.

14 Likes

Definitely “ASAP”.

It is important that by the 16th-18th, the mainnet is up and running, nodes are distributed, and more people are harvesting.

24 Likes

16-18 March is best option imho

1 Like

As soon as possible.

16 Likes

Definitely ASAP

16 Likes

ASAP, I think, is everyone’s position.
In effect, there are two choices: 16-18 March and 29 March.
In other words, the former (16-18 March) is more sought after.
I would like to support the former by running nodes to make it happen.
What do you think?

13 Likes

It can be said that it is fortunate in a sense that the postponements have overlapped so far.

Rather than a hasty launch, if it’s on track

I dare to take a margin here, and since there is a monument in the immediate vicinity, I believe that it is the best to match it there.

nis1 and Symbol are twins with the same heart

It’s abstract, but I think it’s very meaningful to set it on this day.
Take a confident step on this day

5 Likes

ASAP.

Think about how long we’ve waited for the launch, think about how strong the market has been.

You have a plan, but we do as well.

17 Likes

ASAP

Really looking forward to the launch!

17 Likes

Apparently I’m a minority,
ahaha

7 Likes

29 March
I think that both testnet and symbol wallet need to be brushed up more, and should not be launched in a hurry.
Let’s definitely coincide with the anniversary of NIS1.

7 Likes

Interesting question. I would like date announcement to happen ASAP, but still launch date to be far enough to give enough time for marketing and advertisements in order to catch wider attention. 2. or 3., both would do well imo

7 Likes

ASAP please!
We’ve been waiting too long​:sob::sob::sob:

14 Likes

ASAP!
It should be announced to the world as soon as possible and actually used.
It’s meaningless unless you actually use it.
Don’t be overtaken by other coins.

14 Likes

I think it needs to as soon as possible.
But there is no right answer to that.

8 Likes

ASAP! Many community members are fed up with waiting and being disappointed by postponment of the launch date. Our patience are running out…

14 Likes

I understand the feeling of hurry, but I’ve been waiting so far
I want you to think carefully about this important day

5 Likes

ASAP
Many can’t wait any longer
Some people can wait
Close to the limit

15 Likes

ASAP:As soon as possible, just get it out and launched as quickly as practical
However, definitely.

17 Likes