Symbol Launch - Community Discussion on timing options

Remember that everyone here is on the same rocket.
On a clear day, there is no problem if the launched rocket can be seen well by the audience.
Don’t rush to launch on a stormy day.
Otherwise the rocket will be wrecked and fall into the sea. Will it be saved?
Of course, it would be nice if the sunny days came early.

3 Likes

I’m hoping for a 3/29 launch.
Maintenance of the desktop wallet and each Tool.
We will need more time to improve the accuracy of everything.
I am hoping to have a launch day with all the time I can afford.

Spending another month and a half from now debugging is not a bad thing.
If you are thinking about the next ten years, there is no need to rush now.
Even more so if it’s only for a month and a half.

For your information, the current network is scheduled to fork. If you don’t take the time to do so afterwards, it is expected that you will not find any fatal flaws.
That’s what debugging is all about.

6 Likes

We need launch ASAP!!!

5 Likes

4 weeks until 16th of March. I’m fine with that and there’s enough room for REAL hype building, annoucements and PR stuff.

Just be sure to make it special when you announce the date and stick with it.

1 Like

I think we shoud do snapshot and mainnet launch ASAP - about 2 weeks after successful final NGL stress test.

2 Likes

ASAP, so you will have mainnet nicely up and running, so you have already working, deployed product on 16th March for presentation.

4 Likes

yes, that’s logic.

I dont know why some people prefer we launch the day of the conference when we can launch before and say at the conference that we already have a working product and people use it lol

1 Like

Please as soon as possible

You need to start the mainnet before Finsum starts
It doesn’t make sense to start after Finsum is done

NEM and Symbol are parents and children, but they are not the same
So anniversaries don’t matter

3 Likes

I want you to remember
Not yet passed the final test
If you take away the margins of the developers, you will not have any children.

1 Like

I have seen the progress of development so far
I think 3/29 is good if possible (if progress is good from now on)
It’s okay even after this date. I’ll wait further until the Symbol is definitely completed.

I think it’s very easy to just say hurry, etc., and it is an act that imposes responsibility only on the developer.

3 Likes

Let’s go! ASAP! ASAP! ASAP! ASAP! ASAP!

3 Likes

as soon as possible

4 Likes

The people on earth can’t wait, we must as soon as possible

4 Likes

ASAP! This is the way

3 Likes

As soon as possible

4 Likes

The NEM community has spoken: ASAP - Wen Symbol Launch

2 Likes

This must be released ASAP please. It is getting completely tedious now, to be honest.

The only info that is easy to find on the internet is ‘thanks for everybody’s hard work’. Although hard work has undoubtedly been done by developers, this info doesn’t help 99.9% of people who currently possess XEM and await their XYM…waiting for many months with XEM’s underperformance against Bitcoin and many, many other top coins (relevant to traders only).

The price has been hanging around $US0.39 for a very long time.

I am confused as to why a typical marketing blast of ‘xem snapshot’ (or whatever) is not re-sent to all the media outlets. Surely that would create another wave of new investment into the ecosystem as many newcomers would have only come on to the crypto scene as of 2021. Spend a couple of million on marketing please!

Please don’t delay anything.

Please do the snapshot ASAP if possible.

Thanks for your time.

6 Likes

Whatever ‘XDC’ is, it sounds like a good enterprise blockchain. Probably garbage, but I have no idea. My point is it is up 140% in a few days. NEM is up 14%.

Sometimes I feel very silly for trying to have faith in new projects…onky to find out that you never get a straight answer. I used to really think NEM was one of the best back in 2017. Unsure what to think now.

Please do the snapshot for XYM in February. I don’t want to believe that we are talking March…if that is what is going on here.

Thanks

1 Like

On top of everything that has been said so far, i would add that, the latest news about the patch release, had absolutely no effect on the market, which tend to prove that the numerous delays/postponments had an effect on the global trust of the market and investers (hopefully not on future partners to be)

That is why, I would suggest that the launch occurs ASAP but in the right meaning, as soon as everything is 100% ready.

3 Likes

ASAP, now is the time to gain traction.

1 Like