Symbol Launch - Community Discussion on timing options

It appears that those advocating a more patient approach to the release tend to be
people who have been contributing to this forum for a number of years, whereas many of the voices asking for a launch ‘ASAP’ are generally (but not exclusively) relatively new to the forum. I think that says a lot and while i am relatively new here myself, i personally would opt for the more patient approach to launch.

8 Likes

completely wrong lol.

I know this community for a long time and I see a lot of old supporter here posting “ASAP” (I’m myself in the NEM community for a while)

Yes, almost all the new are saying ASAP but the majority of the long time supporters too.

Also, beeing new on the forum doesnt mean beeing new in the NEM community.

What is the point making fake statements like you do ?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Jaguar0625/status/1361331856470405120

A poll from Jaguar, our dev. I can ensure you that people who just bought XEM for snapshot doesnt follow him on Twitter lol. 99% of his followers are in the NEM community for a long time.

Look at the result of his poll (and I’m sure some people dont understand “ASAP” or they would have voted for)

3 Likes

I’m not sure i did make a false statement. You should read what i said more carefully.

1 Like

As we all seems somehow tend not only to give our opinion and arguments, but also somehow to give more weight and significance to group we belong, I’m wandering if we may end up with another community vote about this :slightly_smiling_face:. If so, has to be with shorter deadline compared to previous one about snapshot date and launch date relation…

You imply that the new wants it ASAP and the old dont, you even say that “it says a lot” like saying that the ones who want it “ASAP” care less about the project or smth

You dont even know this community (since you are new like you say) so how do you know this ?

As I said, yes the majority of the newcomers want it ASAP (and not even all, since you are a newcomer yourself and doesnt want it ASAP lol) but the large majority of the long time supporter also want it ASAP.

So what does “it says a lot” have to do here ?

You should just give your preference about the date but stop making statements about the community if you dont even know the community. Just say “I prefer xxxx because xxxx” like the others.

Bye

asap is a thing for the ppl who would like to have symbol pumping in the ongoing “bullrun”. yes guys like @GodTanu and @dusanjp are testing and have a good view on what can be done.

2 Likes

hi natta, how are you old friend

1 Like

I’m new here too and don’t know what happened more than 3 years ago.
There are so many first time posters in this thread.
Because the forum features show it that way.

ASAP is probably the choice between 16-18.03. and 29.03. if no further issues arise.

Personally I am for the 29.03., because some things are still open.

1. current docu
  2. lead time for node operators from the community
  3. wallets without major bugs

and a point which is also important :

1. finally a concrete plan for the future of NIS1

… this should be published and fixed before the launch in any case.
All this is still a lot of work.

8 Likes

@DaveH ASAP! Old community members have heavely voted for Symbol Launch ASAP on a Twitter poll (check results in the image).

NO FURTHER DELAYS! ASAP!

1 Like

@DaveH Wen Symbol Launch: ASAP March 1!

2 Likes

ASAP, there is a clear consensus that the community doesn’t want the launch to be postponed once again.

6 Likes

16-18 March for soft-launch + good exposure during the Finsum conference
29 March launch! would be really good “symbolically” :wink:

3 Likes

@DaveH votes from the Old community members has increases from 53% to 54% for Symbol Launch ASAP on the Twitter poll (check results in the image).

NO FURTHER DELAYS! ASAP!

2 Likes

ASAP don’t mean “now without testing”.
It means “as soon as possible - when all ready, tested and prepared”.

At least for me. It doesnt mean it will be earlier than 16.03. It could be later if some problem will be found :slight_smile:

Thanks.

11 Likes

For me ASAP means snapshot and mainnet launch about the first week of March 2021 :-).

4 Likes

100% Agreed.

Some people are saying “no no, not ASAP please. There will be problem”.

If the team think it is ready, it is ready. So even if the team think they can release it tomorrow, it means they already tested it and all the blockchain is OK.

ASAP means this. And if I vote for “release ASAP”, it’s because I believe that the team know what they do so I prefer they release it directly when its finish instead of delaying this cause “it is nice to release during XEM birthday” or something like this.

We already delayed many time due to “bugs” or anything. So now if it’s ready and tested, I want it to be released instead of waiting something else.

They release it as soon as it is ready. It is the best thing to do.

9 Likes

If they can, i’d like to.

First date of snapshot was december, then delayed it cause “it is a bad period to release something”, then january, then february.

When you see all the angry coments under every tweet of NEM recently, if the team say “it is ready but now we want to wait 3 more weeks cause it is XEM birthday and this date is cool :)”. People will be even more angry.

It is ready and tested ? Time to release it.

Note: First week of March would mean 1 week before the fintech conference so the team can say they just released a new product and many people are interested in it. It is a good point to attract investors.

11 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Does it really? How do you know how longs i’ve held nem?

1 Like