Symbol Launch - Early and Ecosystem Node Bonus Programmes

Thanks, correct that is typo from formatting the markdown, corrected.

@Xavi can you pick up the rest of this question please?

No, as explained a bit above, the "d:" field must contain the the public main key of the new Symbol account you received when you opted-in using the NIS1 Nano Wallet. The enrollment process has changed a bit and VRF keys do not need to be opted-in anymore (Nothing wrong if you already did).

You need the NIS1 Nano Wallet to opt-in. That will give you a Paper Wallet, containing a mnemonic phrase and an address. Then you need to use the Symbol Desktop Wallet (currently from github) to convert that mnemonic phrase into a public key you can put into the enrollment messageā€™s "d:" field.

Thereā€™s a new wallet release coming in with some fixes, so I suggest you wait for it.

The hosts in "sh:" and "nh:" can either be hostnames (www.my-symbol-host.com) or IP addresses, but not friendly names, correct.
The ā€œConfiguring node propertiesā€ page talks about the Server properties file, where an empty string "" means autodetect. The previous issue (if I recall correctly) was with Symbol Bootstrapā€™s custom preset file, which can contain a host: line. This is obviously related to the server property but they are consumed by different programs, so they have slight divergences. One of them, is that Symbol Bootstrap does not interpret the empty string as ā€œautodetectā€.

So, this is about the Supernode Enrollment transaction, not the Early Adoption or Ecosystem programs discussed before. The Supernode message contains a URL (not a host, or IP, but a full URL, which can include a port number), as you very well say.
If you are asking about how to report the port in the Early Adoption and Ecosystem enrollment messagesā€¦ thatā€™s a good question. Let me try to find answers.

As I said earlier, the complete guide will go public soon, and I think it answers all these questions. Iā€™ll make sure to post a link here and I hope you will keep reporting any issues you find!

@Xavi Thank you very much for the appreciated clarifications.

After having read all that, Iā€™m thinking of the following situation:

• One has a NIS1 SuperNode running
  • One is willing to run a Symbol SuperNode after launch
  • One is considering to enrol both for the Ecosystem reward program

Then, taking the mentioned Next Steps into consideration, I understand the following needs to be done:

• Send the Enrolment Transaction for the Ecosystem Node Enrolment from the NIS1 Nanowallet account of the NIS1 SuperNode. We do not need to use symbol-bootstrap to send an enrolment transaction for the Ecosystem Node Enrolment (NEM Group will do it for us, based on the NIS1 transaction). Correct?
  • After launch, set up a Symbol Supernode, following the respective guides for symbol-bootstrap and Symbol SuperNode. To achieve this we do have to send the enrolment transaction for the Symbol supernode program with symbol-bootstrap ourselves, even if the Symbol SuperNode is already announced in the NIS1 Ecosystem Node Enrolment transaction (NEM group will not do that for us based on the NIS1 transaction). Correct?

Please confirm.

I have edited the original post to include a custom agent port for the monitoring agent (generally only required if you run a NIS1 node on the same server due to a port conflict).

If it is not provided, then the default port of 7880 will be assumed.

If you have submitted and enrolment already and wish to add one, just send a second message, the most recent one will be the one that is used.

1 Like

Correct!

Correct again! Even though the same node is participating in both programs theyā€™re managed independently, hence the two enrollments.

In the NEM wallet (Universal client 2.5.) under Symbol Opt In there is under Review my Symbol account opt in information a Symbol Address written, isnā€™t that sufficient for the ā€œd:ā€ field?

Iā€™m afraid not, because thatā€™s your Symbol address, and the "d:" field requires your Symbol public key. Theyā€™re related but theyā€™re not the same thing, so you need to go through the Symbol Desktop Wallet.

Maybe this guide can clarify: Cryptography ā€” Symbol Documentation

Thank you for clarification, I appreciate your help! I would like to set up a symbol node with Allnodes, but it is quite difficult to estimate the ROI and the risk not to be rewarded, as I did not completely understand the part where only the first 75 participants would get the 25k SYM and the cost is minimum 40$ per month plus setup, therefore I would appreciate an estimation, if somebody could tell.

Is there a checksum for the Symbol Wallet files?

Thanks for the clarifications @Xavi , is the new Symbol Wallet coming out today/tomorrow? Itā€™s very close to the Opt-In March 12!

The plan is definitely to release ASAP, I donā€™t know more than thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

I canā€™t build the mainnet node in bootstrap yet, how do I create the environment?
The mainnet creation option is still a pull request.

why not change the ports so they are by default use different ports for NIS1 and SYMBOL node and monitoring

its early enough mainnet not started yet

@fboucquez ?

Hi Dave,

Iā€™m a little confused about the minimum requirements for the Early Node program. is it 500,000? or 10000 is enough.
I have 100,000 in my wallet, am I excluded?

In my Opinion, not the best idea to reward only the first 75 nodes; it would have been better to equally distribute the reward between the eligible nodesā€¦

Hey @DaveH and @Xavi , Version 15 of desktop windows Symbol wallet does not see my MultiSig Account that was opted in under ā€œAddress to Interact withā€ (as you set up your Symbol wallet after you enter your Mnemonic) , so I couldnā€™t get my public key. I went back to version 14.1 wallet and it did see the Multi Sig account address and I was able to get my public key, but this is concerning.

I checked all my other single opt-in accounts and all my co-signers accounts show up with the correct XYM balances and Opt-In message when setting up the new Symbol accounts with Mnemonic. Now I am paranoid that the MultiSig account that was opt-in (with 6 signatories correctly) has not worked and I am thinking of moving those XEM funds into a single account where I can confirm the XYM amounts when creating a new Symbol account. This will result in my XEM node going offline until after the snap shot. Anybody else having issues with the NEW V15 Windows wallet seeing MultiSig Account?

ā€œand be a Symbol Account Holder of a Symbol Account with a
balance of 500,000 (five hundred thousand) XYM or greater that has been properly linked
to your nodeā€: I guess minimum of 500k is needed for the Early Node program

Did you opt in via nano wallet?

Do you mean your multi sig account address or your cosigner account in that list?

If Multi Sig Address - that is correct, you need to log into the cosigner account to interact with it, but you probably have a paper wallet with the backed up VRF key, that wonā€™t have been imported due to a slight change to the startup process and the VRF keys not being included in Genesis anymore (far too many VRF keys opted in and blew out genesis size, they are only needed for people running nodes at block 1 but the Ux appears to have caused most people to tick it)

If cosigner, let me know