Symbol opt in question

On March 12 a snapshot of every NIS1 account’s funds will be taken. On March 15 the new Symbol network will launch and every NIS1 account that successfully opted-in will automatically receive an amount of XYMs equal to the amount of XEMs it held on the snapshot date.
No more actions are required after opting-in.

Right now my XEM is on the Bitrue exchange. Do I still need to opt in or are they the ones to opt in? If Bitrue opts in, do they keep the tokens? Can I just leave my tokens on the Bitrue exchange and still receive the airdropped tokens? TIA for any help.

Even I have the same doubt. Anybody here, please clarify the same.

It shows me 2 options to add account via private key and another via qr code

@Shocker00

Those exchange platform like Bitrue, Binance, and others should able to give you XYM tokens after Snapshot. The theory is they should opt-in for you as long as you have more than 100 XEM.

If you opt in your XEM in NEM Wallet then it is 100% guaranteed to get XYM tokens.

After reading many different posts today, alot of people lost XEM tokens after withdrawing from exchange platform or their XEM tokens never came to NEM Wallet. Too many traffic today… So my advice is check NEM’ twitter and check if your exchange like Bitrue support XYM Airdrop then you have nothing to worry about.

It is the list of exchange platform that support XYM tokens.

I just opted in with my Ledger Nano but most of my XEM coins were in Bittrex.

Will I only get the same amount of symbol tokens that I had in my ledger when I opted in or will I get matching tokens for all my tokens on my ledger and what’s sitting on bittrex?

If only what’s on Ledger then how do I correct it so I get matched for my total XEM holdings?

Tx

I am checking the NEM wallet and it does not allow me to see the SYMBOL option, I have the latest version

1 Like

I have the same problem. The wallet says to update, but it’s already the latest Wallet 2.5.1
I have applied for the Opt-in process and it succeeded until this screen.

How to move further or how can we enter the Symbol part?! See screenshot:

1 Like

I have the same issue, only on iOS Symbol app. I think you may need to wait until monday 15th march, when the actual airdrop takes place. I seem to remember you will need your recovery seed to access your XYM.

1 Like

I hope the NEM team can give more insight in this.

Same problem, would be a shame to miss the opt in

1 Like

I sold off some volume off my Binance spot on around 3105600. According to nem.iO the snapshot was already taken at that point. But according to nem official red Forum the snapshot is not completed and that the volume sold on e.g Binance after 3105500 will not be counted in. How does it work?

The snapshot took place at block 3’105’500. Waiting a few more blocks (360) is recommended because blockchains can always rollback. But the likelihood of a rollback 100 blocks deep is very low. So I’d say you’re safe.

The message on the wallet is not very clear, unfortunately.
The NEM Wallet is used to interact with the NIS1 blockchain (the one using XEMs) and to opt-in for Symbol.
To interact with the new Symbol blockchain (the one using XYMs) you need to install the new Symbol Desktop Wallet.
The Symbol network won’t be launched until the 15th, so there will be limited functionality in the Wallet until then.

Hi, so I opted in - half with wallet for sure and about half was on Binance spot account .

1. did Binance XEM also getopted in automatically?
  2. can I sell all my XEM now and still get the XYM when it becomes available?

In theory, yes, Binance is on the list of exchanges that support opt-in, but it’s on their hands.

Yes.

Thank you Xavi!
Now I want to transfer the XEM from NEM-Wallet_2.5.1.universal wallet to Binance but Binance requires a MEMO and there seems to be no such option in the wallet - where can I enter the MEMO/tag?

Thanks for the explanation. So in short:

• I have a NEM Wallet installed with an Optin on Symbol (my XEM is on this wallet)
  • I have a SYMBOL Wallet which I installed, but can’t connect to any NODE (Is this correct?)
    SYMBOL Wallet will work until the 15th of March has reached/started

Am I correct? Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Tell me, if I want to transfer my wallet from binance right now, will I still be able to activate the opt in?

Is this really necessary or can I leave my XEM in the binace wallet? I really don’t know what to do now!