Symbol opt in question

I have the same issue, only on iOS Symbol app. I think you may need to wait until monday 15th march, when the actual airdrop takes place. I seem to remember you will need your recovery seed to access your XYM.

1 Like

I hope the NEM team can give more insight in this.

Same problem, would be a shame to miss the opt in

1 Like

I sold off some volume off my Binance spot on around 3105600. According to nem.iO the snapshot was already taken at that point. But according to nem official red Forum the snapshot is not completed and that the volume sold on e.g Binance after 3105500 will not be counted in. How does it work?

The snapshot took place at block 3’105’500. Waiting a few more blocks (360) is recommended because blockchains can always rollback. But the likelihood of a rollback 100 blocks deep is very low. So I’d say you’re safe.

The message on the wallet is not very clear, unfortunately.
The NEM Wallet is used to interact with the NIS1 blockchain (the one using XEMs) and to opt-in for Symbol.
To interact with the new Symbol blockchain (the one using XYMs) you need to install the new Symbol Desktop Wallet.
The Symbol network won’t be launched until the 15th, so there will be limited functionality in the Wallet until then.

Hi, so I opted in - half with wallet for sure and about half was on Binance spot account .

1. did Binance XEM also getopted in automatically?
  2. can I sell all my XEM now and still get the XYM when it becomes available?

In theory, yes, Binance is on the list of exchanges that support opt-in, but it’s on their hands.

Yes.

Thank you Xavi!
Now I want to transfer the XEM from NEM-Wallet_2.5.1.universal wallet to Binance but Binance requires a MEMO and there seems to be no such option in the wallet - where can I enter the MEMO/tag?

Thanks for the explanation. So in short:

• I have a NEM Wallet installed with an Optin on Symbol (my XEM is on this wallet)
  • I have a SYMBOL Wallet which I installed, but can’t connect to any NODE (Is this correct?)
    SYMBOL Wallet will work until the 15th of March has reached/started

Am I correct? Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Tell me, if I want to transfer my wallet from binance right now, will I still be able to activate the opt in?

Is this really necessary or can I leave my XEM in the binace wallet? I really don’t know what to do now!

Binance provides this memo. In Binance select “Deposit” (or similar) and you will be given a NIS1 address and a memo. Go to your NEM Wallet and make a transfer to that address, using the memo as the message in the transaction.

Yup. The Symbol wallet won’t work until the Symbol network is online (on the 15th).

Binance opted-in for you. On the 15th (or thereabout) you should get XYMs. Even if you move your coins out of Binance and into your own account now you should get the XYMs, because the snapshot occurred already.

I forget opt…but my hear time now 12Marche…i hold nem but time show finished. why…my polonix account… Nazimkhan6891@gmail.com

Why opti times finished. my hear 12 Marche.plz yell me

Why time finished show…my hear indian times show

Hello, can I see anywhere how much XYM I have now?

Hi all,

Regretting a lot, I was not aware of the snapshot day and sent 4302 XEM from Bittrex to OKEX exchange. Transaction was complete before the snapshot, but deposit state on OKEX was intercepted since transaction started 55 seconds after they had suspended deposits. BTW, there was no warning on the deposit page.

From customer service, I was said I am not eligible for the airdrop since they have not credited XEMs to my account and also they claimed that they will not receive any XYM on my behalf. Is it true they will not get XYM for my deposit? If it is the case, can I apply for the post opt in?

TX: NEM - BlockChain Explorer

@calci
snapshot happen 04:26 UTC so it should be fine. But okex can use other date of course (it’s their exchange).

Thank you @CryptoBeliever. This is what OKEx support keeps saying based on this announcement: “The deposit and withdrawal for XEM was suspended at 00:00 on March 12th, 2021 (UTC) and your deposit was made right after the suspension therefore you are not eligible for the airdrop.” My post opt-in questions were ignored with this kind of responses.

Is there anything I can do?

Those are exchanges rules. They can do own rules so I’m afraid nothing can be done.