Greetings to the highly respected NEM community, the strength of which is not in mutual accusations, but joint effective work and mutual respect.
My name is Anton and I am NEM Ukraine Leader.
I will not answer to provocative questions, argue and prove something in this thread.
It is hard for me to observe the discord and split in the community and I created this topic in order to try to stop it and remind that we are going along a destructive way figuring out who is right and who is to blame.
We need to unite and look for compromises, we all have one goal - to hold fair elections and make bright future for NEM and I suggest focusing on it.
There are arguments for both whitelists voting and the POI, but none of these methods is ideal. The decision is somewhere IN THE MIDDLE!
The solution must be effective, understandable, transparent and accepted by the majority of the community!
Based on the words of Jaguar (The Foundation "Bylaws"), I suggest:
- directly elect 10 Council members. Executive Committee members (President, VP, etc) will be elected by and from the number of the newly elected council members
- 5 CM are to be elected through the POI, another 5 by whitelists
- each voter will have 10 votes and will be able to choose his composition
- 5 + 5 candidates with the highest number of votes and importance points pass to the office
- if some candidate (s) are passing through both systems, then the next place is taken by the one who has the most support from another of the two systems or just two candidates who are next on the list
There are also two options for implementing this system:
- PoI passes WITHOUT KYC and WITHOUT payment of the fee, and ALL registered and paid membership fee accounts vote on white lists
- PoI passes with KYC and membership payment, voting on white lists with additional KYC criteria (NEM knowledge testing, video interview, wallet activity, etc) to confirm involvement in the community, in order to completely eliminate manipulation
I recommend the first option (only for now), because it allows us to quickly make changes to the process and hold elections on time. The second option requires the current voting cancellation and a lot of work.
This is a basic idea that can be improved, its goal is to arrive at a compromise solution that takes into account the interests of all parties and hold elections on time.
Once again, I ask everyone to join efforts for the future of NEM and express their constructive suggestions or support and improve mine.