Total number of coins, part 2

43 pople voted  ::slight_smile:
Must be a really important topic for everyone. That's not even as much as the record for people beign online at the same time.

43 pople voted  ::)
Must be a really important topic for everyone. That's not even as much as the record for people beign online at the same time.

Yes not bad for an apathetic community. The vote for the flag was not much higher either. So, all is good. I believe we can then make a decision based on this.

Zoata and I have almost 2000 people following NEM on Facebook, but we are doing good to get over 10 likes on a post and really good to get over 20. 

Lots of people see it every time, sometimes over 500 views, so they know what is going on, they just don't act much. 

Zoata and I have almost 2000 people following NEM on Facebook, but we are doing good to get over 10 likes on a post and really good to get over 20. 

Lots of people see it every time, sometimes over 500 views, so they know what is going on, they just don't act much.

In other words, it is not that they don't know. They all know. And I believe they won't care either way. So, what really matters are the votes etched in here which will determine what we need to do next.

thats not the truth.

People not voting also means that they are not happy with the options
But i guess some people pretend to not see the obvious.

Or just twist reality to suit their needs/

Here's my take on it:

Seeing as there's only two choices to be made (And lets say, the total number of coins HAS to be changed) Im voting for 8 billion.

Why?

Well i'm seeing a shit storm from stakeholders when they first log into their NEM accounts and find they have less NEM's then what they redeemed thier stakes for. On the flipside - them having more then they originally thought each nemstake was worth is probably going to make some happy (even though in reality their circumstances havn't changed)

For this reason alone, out of the two choices on offer in this vote, i'm voting 8 billion. Although frankly i think i'd have prefered it kept to the original 4 in the first place just to avoid controversy. Either way, i'm not too fussed.

Just to add a voice to this, I think there are likely to be a lot of people feeling in the same position as myself, that don't feel massively qualified to weigh in on most matters being debated. My personal feeling was for 8 rather than 4, but I can't back that up with data or research. I have made it my duty though to introduce absolute newcomers to crypto to Bitcoin and to NEM, like a 'here is the original idea, and here is the 'New and Improved' with a view to spreading my stake if it feels like they might get into it at a deeper level.
This might not be the 'right' way to be viewing things, but its an honest response and one I think quite a lot of others might be feeling.

thats not the truth.

well ... THAT is not true.
You cannot say the truth about other people's opinions. If they are not happy with the options, they could write a post to this thread.

You just keep on twisting ...

thats not the truth.

+1
well ... THAT is not true.
You cannot say the truth about other people's opinions. If they are not happy with the options, they could write a post to this thread.

You just keep on twisting ...

Hey guys! How about 888 000 000 000 000 NEM on 888 000 000 000 people in future?
On russian, my post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg9494046#msg9494046

This is a silly discussion. Now 10 months after NEMcoin ANN, and one month less from launch of our NEMcoin
you're starting with this silly discussion to change/not to change number of coins

Where have you been in past 10 month's???

from february, i was everyday on btt Nem topic till yesterday, because this NO
IMPORTANT (in this last stage) discussion is about 50% of posts. Please stop  >:( .

IMHO with this discussion ( too late ) you're not working in favor of NEM

To clean the number of coins threads please continue the conversation at https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2661.0