Updated Redemption Guide

damn this is brutal on a Mac and trying to run parallels WIN 7.  :(
I'm running Java installed (Version 8 Update 25) on my Mac and I got to load the client link http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp and it just disappears.
any ideas?
thanks

As Mac is unix base. it shoudnt be so different form linux installation.

you will need to get this file on bob.nem.ninja nis-ncc-0.4.17.tgz .

Unzip it an try to go to the folder whith nem. I think to run the file you will do a command (or execute directely the file):

[code]
sudo ./nix.runNis.sh
[/code]

After that runs and show you the message ready to serve the 127.0.0.1:8989, whith other terminal run the command (or execute directely the file):

[code]
sudo ./nix.runNcc.sh
[/code]

Note: Sudo is a command to use super-user powers to have the right to execute the file on linux. Maybe you dont need that.

The first file runs NIS server and the second the web server so you can see the Page of Nem running the command at your browser:

[code]
127.0.0.1:8989
[/code]

inside nems package there is it:

[img width=722 height=261]http://s14.postimg.org/ra6v3xaq9/nem.png[/img]

Note you'll need the java 8 plugin installed on your browser.

If nothing woks, try to install the Oracle virtual box and oracle virtual box extensions pack(this is a virtual machine to run operational systens on your pc, without damage anything of your actual OS). Install a linux distribution inside it. There are tons of tutorial how-to on you tube.

Good luck

can

I installed NEM in a user directory instead of root and therefore I don't need sudo for anything.

I installed NEM in a user directory instead of root and therefore I don't need sudo for anything.

I use the /opt/nem folder.

Fot this you need the sudo. I didnt choose root folder to save nem. The soft makes it automatically.

So what should somone, who has not registered his token yet do now? Is he automatically grouped with "after launch" people, who will get less NEM in their stakes? Is there any chance for him to redeem before 22. deadline?

I'm curious about the answer to this also, since I'm willing to share 1% of my stake with those who've made valid claims, but came too late to learn of deadlines.

This is fine if any of that means anything, user directory, root, sudo might as well be a foreign language - so I take it I can ignored this phase 2 beta wallet and wait until there's a  one click iMac version available ?

please donate me.

my address:

NDKPQR-W3SLY2-BUQNPI-JRW52A-3SSWGW-XVJJAN-G6PE
TCMF7X-V7SXO3-KBUACO-INA45P-FLC27Y-OC46DY-UDZW

i am not registered :frowning:
https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

"That token has not been registered in time. You will need to claim after launch" at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/

:frowning:

Thanks a lot! sorry the OFF

Hello.

I see I have received a priv msg with my NEM token number from patmast3r on bitcointalk.org but…

I haven't registered my token yet. I have read on forum that phase 1 is ended.
What should I do now, is it still possible to register it and claim my NEM stake?
I was one of the first for NEM stakes, it would be very pitty if I couldn't recieve it ;<br />
I have already sent similar private msgs to patmast3r but dunno if this will be enough.

What else I can do if anything?

Please help,
pabloangello

Hello.

I see I have received a priv msg with my NEM token number from patmast3r on bitcointalk.org but...

I haven't registered my token yet. I have read on forum that phase 1 is ended.
What should I do now, is it still possible to register it and claim my NEM stake?
I was one of the first for NEM stakes, it would be very pitty if I couldn't recieve it ;\

I have already sent similar private msgs to patmast3r but dunno if this will be enough.

What else I can do if anything?

Please help,
pabloangello

I've answered both of your pms.

I'm sorry if this already has been answered, but I could not find the relevant information.
I bought NEMStake on the NXT AE some time ago and did not redeem yet. Is it already too late or can I still follow this guide to redeem? Thanks.

I'm sorry if this already has been answered, but I could not find the relevant information.
I bought NEMStake on the NXT AE some time ago and did not redeem yet. Is it already too late or can I still follow this guide to redeem? Thanks.

Yes you can still follow the guide.
If you haven't found the relevant information it's because you didn't read the op.

Maybe the first thing to display at ournem.com should be a link to a page (e.g. the OP in this thread) where people get all the information about stake handling.

If you haven't found the relevant information it's because you didn't read the op.

I am stake holder from BTT, so can I also still follow the guide to redeem my stake? I'm asking because you wrote to me that there will be another redemption period after launch and I have to wait till that. I am confused now :/

I am stake holder from BTT, so can I also still follow the guide to redeem my stake? I'm asking because you wrote to me that there will be another redemption period after launch and I have to wait till that. I am confused now :/

If you haven't completed phase 1 in time then you'll have to wait for the extended redemption after launch.
There was no phase 1 for NXT AE stakes that's why they can still follow the guide.

I sent 650nxt, Transaction id: 1434262879833703306 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5054919#msg5054919)
And I have token and nem address. But when i was trying to redeem at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/ I got next message:

That token has not been registered in time. You will need to claim after launch

But I read that deadline is set for 22nd(00:00 GMT 23rd) of November.

Please help me to redeem it.

I sent 650nxt, Transaction id: 1434262879833703306 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg5054919#msg5054919)
And I have token and nem address. But when i was trying to redeem at https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/ I got next message:

I suppose you will have to wait along with me. See posts above.

I suppose you will have to wait along with me. See posts above.

It's strange, because deadline isn't over yet. Perhaps we have done something wrong.

Hint for MAC users: Use the standalone version on bob.nem.ninja/ instead of webstart.

Is the hint above the sum of the info to get the wallet working on iMac(64) I've tried for a couple of hours with no success.

It appears there is a void between what may look simple to those with technical knowledge and to the likes of me with the technical ability of a jacket potatoe  :stuck_out_tongue:

Take the folder of files and run them waiting a couple of minutes between each. Run how, run where is there a step by step guide for a dummy ? Is there going to be a one click version for Mac so I can wait?

Hi all

Since buying 0.1 Nemstake on SAE about 3 weeks ago I've read all the threads I have found on BTT, here, NXT forum etc and really tried to help myself rather than come for help without making an effort.

BUT I am totally stumped, have been for about 10 days with about 3 major attempts in between work commitments & just cannot get the local node to boot.  I have downloaded NIS & NCC after ensuring Java version correct, clearing cache etc. 

I deleted everything a couple of times, recleared cache, followed software instructions on wiki to unpack & load NIS/NCC using the terminal windows & still doesn't seem to be working.  NOM opens ok & detects the wallet I create, but then when I open the wallet I have problems booting the local node.

I'm actually a pretty tech-y guy just not that computer savvy.  Only a year on mac after 20 yrs on PCs isn't helping.  I'm certainly not on the latest linux distro, wouldn't know where to start.  Just Mac OSX Mavericks & native cunning but that is running out now, at 01.30 trying to sort this out again.  Really appreciate any pointers.

So yeah I'm on a mac and can load up NOM/NIS/NCC, make a wallet, even able to generate real account information etc but just totally unable to boot a local node - I get "oops, error 306…" as shown in the attached screen grab.
This occurs when I try booting from within the wallet and when I enable auto boot.

DO I need to enable/disable something?  Is Safari as the browser the problem?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated

jk

Hi all

Since buying 0.1 Nemstake on SAE about 3 weeks ago I've read all the threads I have found on BTT, here, NXT forum etc and really tried to help myself rather than come for help without making an effort.

BUT I am totally stumped, have been for about 10 days with about 3 major attempts in between work commitments & just cannot get the local node to boot.  I have downloaded NIS & NCC after ensuring Java version correct, clearing cache etc. 

I deleted everything a couple of times, recleared cache, followed software instructions on wiki to unpack & load NIS/NCC using the terminal windows & still doesn't seem to be working.  NOM opens ok & detects the wallet I create, but then when I open the wallet I have problems booting the local node.

I'm actually a pretty tech-y guy just not that computer savvy.  Only a year on mac after 20 yrs on PCs isn't helping.  I'm certainly not on the latest linux distro, wouldn't know where to start.  Just Mac OSX Mavericks & native cunning but that is running out now, at 01.30 trying to sort this out again.  Really appreciate any pointers.

So yeah I'm on a mac and can load up NOM/NIS/NCC, make a wallet, even able to generate real account information etc but just totally unable to boot a local node - I get "oops, error 306..." as shown in the attached screen grab.
This occurs when I try booting from within the wallet and when I enable auto boot.

DO I need to enable/disable something?  Is Safari as the browser the problem?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated

jk

As far as I have heard, it seems there are some issues running the webstart client on Mac. Have you tried the standalone client?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that is what you have done... I'm not on a Mac myself so I unfortunately am not sure what that error means or how to fix it. A dev should get back to you soon about this I am sure.

@ Nembot: I forgot one thing:

You really need to open the moden's door 7890, in order to be able to start syncing the blockchain.

Maybe this can help you:

<br />https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2611.0<br />

My native language is Brazilian protuguese. Im sure this is not the best way to explain how things work in my poor english on the article, but, maybe, this can help you.

If your modem ask you for a IP to redirect the open door, you'll need to be able to know your LAN IP and, in this case, you'll need to make an IP reservation for your Mac. This grant you the possibility of always connec on your network whith the same IP, so you dont need to login in modem to change the IP every time you connect the network.

Note: Wireless and cable network has differents IPs. You'll need one to connect the network.
=)

If you understand a little bit of linux, and a little bit of virtualisation, you can donwload the VirtualBox and install one linux distribution inside it. But, I think, just in the last possibility.

Any doubt just ask!

Note: Why almost no one here have a Mac? It costs about U$$ 1860 (Mac Pro the most simple 13") in direct conversion (BRL --> U$$). With this money I can make an really agressive Gamer PC =)

Cheers!