NEM Beta 0.5.4

Bob.nem.ninja is really slow for downloading.

Not sure if this is a problem.

think i spotted a small bug..

when creating a new account(new address in wallet), it doesnt save the "label" you give it in the "create new account" pop up box. and when i go to "change account label" it lets me enter it but then tells me the address is not saved in "address book" and wont save the label. perhaps when a new account is created by the user in a wallet it should automatically be saved in address book? would simplify things much more.

I wrote about the label thing too and I found the same thing you did.  All the old ways to make/change a label are not activated.  In fact when you create a new account, you don't even have to label it, you can just leave that space blank. 

Now the only way to make/change labels is in address book, which actually works good and over all is a better system. 

also, is there a way to activate harvesting of a multisig account? you need to make a transaction to do it but you cant make a transaction using the actual multisig account.. so is there, or will there be a way to activate it using one of the signatory accounts? come launch it would be brilliant to be able to lock a cold storage account using multisig and activate remote harvesting using a signatory account.

also, will it ever be possible to create a cold storage account(create keys on offline computer and send coins to it), turn it into a multisig account and activate remote harvesting for it all whilst never actually using the keys for the cold storage account on an online computer? security on steroids i know but better safe than sorry lol

I found out that you can make a multi-sig account with only one co-signer.  That means it isn't really a "multi"sig account as much as it is an "other"sig account.  At that point I thought, "wow, this would be really neat for harvesting.  I could just make an account with all my XEM in it, use it for harvesting, but then turn the power to send to another account."  That would be a really safe way to harvest.

But like you said, when you try to harvest on an account that has been turned into a multi-sig account, it won't let it happen.  It would be nice if that feature was turned on.  Then I could know my harvesting account was always locked. 

I think later on when we get m of n multisig, I will make an offline private key.  Then I will turn my main account with all my NEM into multi-sig and make it a 2 of 3 account.  I will have my windows computer be one signer, my mac another signer, and then the third would be the offline private key.  I seriously doubt any hacker will be able to compromise both my windows computer and my mac, so I can know my NEM will be safe.  And in some weird situation where I lost the private key/wallet/password to either my Windows machine or my Mac, then I would be able to get the off line private key and recover the funds. 

Then I will have a small hot wallet for spending, and if it needs to be recharged, then I will send from the big account in multi-sig to the small account that is a hot wallet.   

Multisig transactions work fine.

Some errors that I noticed.
:scissors:
------------------------------------
'Change Account Label' doesn't work.
I attempt to create a label for <No label> account.
Get:
Error 127
Address book does not contain this address.
:scissors: ------------------------------------
'Copy Address to Clipboard' doesn't work.
Clipboard's stuff doesn't change.
I use Ctrl+C.
Calculation of the minimum value of the fee per transaction works incorrectly.
Maybe the formula for calculating this value changed in connection with the anti-spam, the obtained values are strange.
Amount  Fee
  0          12
  1          11
  2          10
  3            9
  4            8
  5            7
  6            6
  7            5
  8            4
  9            4
  …
  155740  4
  155741  5
  …
  413172  5
  413173  6
  …
continue for any greater amount fee is 6 NEM

@andme:
1) The higher fees at the low end of sending nem are intentional. At the high end we have a bug in our code.
2) Change label problem and the missing label when creating a new account are bugs too.
3) Copy ddress to clipboard works with chrome firefox on my computer. What browser are you using?

3) Copy ddress to clipboard works with chrome firefox on my computer. What browser are you using?

Firefox 35.0.1

1) The higher fees at the low end of sending nem are intentional. At the high end we have a bug in our code.

Ahhhh, I get it now.  It is anti-spam protection.  Good idea.  I haven't seen a variable fee schedule like that but it makes sense. 

Also, there is a tutorial to using multisig if you are interested. https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/how-to-use-multisig-on-nem-guide/

Firefox 35.0.1

It doesnt work without flash player.
I opened a bug at github about this 2 months ago. The problem is complicated as java script cant access the clipboard area for safety reasons.

Android tapatalk =)

I created a wallet called Mr. Z, I sign in, but if I log out, restart the NEM and try to enter again, entering the password, the error 400 returns me.

I created a wallet called Mr. Z, I sign in, but if I log out, restart the NEM and try to enter again, entering the password, the error 400 returns me.

I have the same problem, if I have a " . " in the wallet name. It seems like it

Now the NEM network is more like this image:

A message in the multisig transaction is not encrypted? Option 'Encrypt message' is not active.

i have a little security concern.
Ncc stores wallet files on linux in ~/nem/ncc/ and permissions for wallet files are  -rw-rw-r-- .

~/.nem/ would be better so i have cleaner home folder :slight_smile:
and
only I should have permissions to those files (-rw-------)

There is bug in Blockexplorer for multisign transactions I send just 100000 Nem with minimal 10 NEM fee
and this is Blockexplorer

Bob.nem.ninja is really slow for downloading.

Not sure if this is a problem.

probably depends from where, it's quite easy to distribute standalone packages, not so easy when it comes to webstart

A message in the multisig transaction is not encrypted? Option 'Encrypt message' is not active.

for now it's impossible to encrypt multisig transactions

There is bug in Blockexplorer for multisign transactions I send just 100000 Nem with minimal 10 NEM fee
and this is Blockexplorer

http://i.imgur.com/juEZ4Vr.jpg

keep in mind nembex is under some heavy changes...

(you can take a look by entering tx hash 5e0d314b0a06f75e27d0325108fdb178852196eb5ffc24a41f2d8528640fa838 in search box)

here it goes with all the fees calculated:
[img width=800 height=435]http://i.imgur.com/Zii6DHT.png[/img]

Using Nem monitor, NIS doesn't start automatically, need to start it manually. Windows7, 64 bit.

I stepped up the speed of the spam bot and now multisig is rejected
ERROR 710, The transaction was rejected because the transaction cache is too full. A higher fee improves the chance that the transaction gets accepted.

Looks like anti-spam  feature is working then.

Let us know, if you can, when you can next send a tx. Itl be interesting to see how long your account is "blacklisted" for after hitting the limit.