NEM Beta 0.5.4

I stepped up the speed of the spam bot and now multisig is rejected
ERROR 710, The transaction was rejected because the transaction cache is too full. A higher fee improves the chance that the transaction gets accepted.

Looks like anti-spam  feature is working then.

Let us know if you can when you can next send a tx. Itl be interesting to see how long your account is "blacklisted" for after hitting the limit.
Accounts don't get blacklisted, I let my spam bots run and once one hit my limit my txs are rejected but my txs start again when there is a new block.

I stepped up the speed of the spam bot and now multisig is rejected
ERROR 710, The transaction was rejected because the transaction cache is too full. A higher fee improves the chance that the transaction gets accepted.

Looks like anti-spam  feature is working then.

Let us know if you can when you can next send a tx. Itl be interesting to see how long your account is "blacklisted" for after hitting the limit.
Accounts don't get blacklisted, I let my spam bots run and once one hit my limit my txs are rejected but my txs start again when there is a new block.

So after each new block starts the limit gets reset? Perhaps it could be better if the allowed cache per account reduces for the following block if the current limit is reached? After x blocks of not hitting the limit your limit is increased in the same increments that it was reduced?

Ie. Account A has 10 limit on block 1

During block 1 acc A hits it's limit.

For block 2, acc A's New limit is 9.

If acc A hits limit of 9 in block 2, limit reduces to 8.

Continues until limit = 0.

If during block 9, limit = 1 and limit is not hit.

Once block 10 starts limit lifts to 2.

Block 11, limit not hit, limit lifts to 3 for block 12.

And so on.

With a limit that resets after each block it mean an account can spam out the full limit each and every block.

When a new block is generated, the transactions in the block get removed from the cache and thus there is more place in the cache for new tranaction. So you are allowed to put some more transactions into the cache. There is no blacklisting mechanism.

The main problem is that there is a limit on the number of txs in a block, this causes a bottleneck. What would help this is to limit the number of txs from an IP address. I know that IP's can be spoofed but by using IP address, a person will need more then one computer, knowledge in IP spoofing and depending on where they live with the cost of electricity it might not be feasible to run many computers. The way it is now, I am using one laptop and spamming from four wallets, if txs were based on IPs then I wouldn't be able to spam the network. I know it won't stop people from spamming if they really want to but at least they will have to work for it.

People are welcome to spam in the real net, the harvester will be happy :slight_smile:
The main problem without the spam filter was that the cache was getting too big. You once filled the cache with more than 20k transactions and nothing would have prevented you from filling it with 1 million transactions or more. That would cause weak nodes to surrender, hence the spam filter.

More one bug I find.In my address book I have 3 accounts one mulisig and 2 which are cosigners for this multisig account.Before I make mulisign account from this 2 accounts was possible to send XEM from address book. After they come in signers it is impossible - give me error  740 Transaction is not allowed for multisig account.

More one bug I find.In my address book I have 3 accounts one mulisig and 2 which are cosigners for this multisig account.Before I make mulisign account from this 2 accounts was possible to send XEM from address book. After they come in signers it is impossible - give me error  740 Transaction is not allowed for multisig account.

This is not really a bug. A multisig account can not initiate a transaction.

Using Nem monitor, NIS doesn't start automatically, need to start it manually. Windows7, 64 bit.

I Ran into this issue also with Mac OS Version 10.10.2 (14C109); 64 bit.

Does this occur when you try to use a remote NIS but the maximal number of allowed NCCs are already connected to that NIS?

Using Nem monitor, NIS doesn't start automatically, need to start it manually. Windows7, 64 bit.

Just tested and it started NIS for me.
Could you both provide the NIS log?

Here you are:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llgmz8xnicvmc1j/AACW1VyNBNMHapb8TyWcieNKa?dl=0

nembex has experimental feature where it tries to calculate send/recv/harvested NEMs, and overall balance.

The balance calculated should match the one provided by network.

Oh and one more thing, nembex should show accounts for which given account is a cosignatory, this is our winner btw (kodtycoon? :)):

Here you are:

Indeed nem monitor doesn't seem to detect the status change for NIS. Though the log doesn't say why.
Is this reproducable or does it happen only sometimes.

Im the one with the Mac Mac OS Version 10.10.2 (14C109) 64 bit.
Heres the Logs of the NIS & NCC. To be honest I had to start both manually it was really weird. My Safari is also 64 bit.
The logs should tell the story from it not working all the way up till it finally did work.
Logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcwvfd38srpqpvy/NEM%20Server%20Logs%20%282-4-15%29.pdf?dl=0

Let me know what I can do to help... Or to get my NEM client to connect better next time [as you can tell there was allot going on to get connected if you look at the log].

Also, can anyone help me get past 'ERROR 699
Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached."; What can I do?

Remote Harvesting [Error 699] not allowed because the server is full? Is there another server I can use? Or is this something being worked on?

Its been 24+ hours since I've been trying to "Remotely Harvest" only to get this Error 699 "every-time". Can I get on another server somehow [seeing as this one is full of harvesters]? Should I try to re-connect my NIS or NCC Server to try and get one that isn't full? What can I do... As of now I don't know what I can do to "test"...

Remote Harvesting [Error 699] not allowed because the server is full? Is there another server I can use? Or is this something being worked on?

Its been 24+ hours since I've been trying to "Remotely Harvest" only to get this Error 699 "every-time". Can I get on another server somehow [seeing as this one is full of harvesters]? Should I try to re-connect my NIS or NCC Server to try and get one that isn't full? What can I do... As of now I don't know what I can do to "test"...

il private mail you an ip which you can connect to. :)

@Reidcoin, you can try one of the trusted vpses, for example Alice2.nem.ninja.

just in case some of you missed that: https://forum.ournem.com/beta-launch-discussion/find-rookies-egg-and-win-10-million-nem's-secret-bonus-!!!/msg12665/#msg12665

just in case some of you missed that: https://forum.ournem.com/beta-launch-discussion/find-rookies-egg-and-win-10-million-nem's-secret-bonus-!!!/msg12665/#msg12665

Is there really a ten million bonus or is that testnem bonus?

Here you are:

Indeed nem monitor doesn't seem to detect the status change for NIS. Though the log doesn't say why.
Is this reproducable or does it happen only sometimes.

It happens everytime I start nem monitor.