NEM Supernode Rewards Program

What can I expect of bandwith usage? I’m thinking of setting up a home server, but my bandwith is very limited.
And does working with a free host name reduce the performance of the server?

I can use one account to various nodes?

I think you need one delegated account bonded with 3 million per node. if you run that same delegated account on a second node, I don’t think you are eligible for a second reward.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the bond. The fear was without some kind of artificial limit and balance in place somebody could come in and put up 100 nodes and get all the rewards.

That would most likely mean that all those nodes were some how centralized on the same VPS or office that was hacked or something like that.

2 Likes

bitcoin use to be a one machine, one reward system, but very quickly people tried to beat the system with botnets. we want to avoid that here.

Is it possible to get an section on the supernodes.nem.io page with tipps how to solve Problems?
Because, I don’t know how to solve the “Version” Problem :wink:

just use newest version of Nis NEM Beta 0.6.72 + 0.6.73

The test right now is at 10MBit/s. It is very possible it will become lower later. Right now we are stressing the network.

1 Like

The 10MBit/s is probably download speed you are talking about, I think that number should be very doable for most people. And what about upload speed? Upload speeds are usually much lower than download speed.
An what about volume? How much data will the server have to handle on a monthly basis?

It’s upload speed. Judging by a discussion yesterday on slack/telegram it’ll prob be lowered a bit.

It is the newest (0.6.73). There are no data at that point on the testpage.

nem-docker now supports servant when you use the helper scripts (ie not yet in the docker hub images). To use, just git checkout https://github.com/rb2nem/nem-docker.git and follow the README.

1 Like

The list is updated daily.
The results also are not shown correctly for now.
You can see the results by clicking on node name, it is shown tabs with the results and expected results.

What does responsiveness means? I mean, how is it possible that some nodes pass bandwidth, ping, computing power but fail responsivness

The responsiveness test issues 10 chain height requests concurrently to the node. It has to answer all 10 requests within 1 second. Currently i am not sure why some nodes have problems passing this test. All my nodes, no matter where they reside on this planet, are passing the test with few exceptions.

I use Nem-Installers to set up nodes on my servers with Debian Linux.
You can find Nem-Installers at different locations on GitHub, for example:

Nem-Installers hasn’t been updated for 9 months. Is it still safe to use it to set up a supernode? Or is there a better, more up-to-date, script now? Or would you advise to configure everything by hand?
Thanks!

You’re gonna need to do some configuration by hand anyway might as well do it all.
in theory nothing has changed in the installation process though so those installers could save you some work.

What would be the best location for nods server, for I have option to London, Tokyo, USA etc.

Tokyo i think would be good. US an Europe are afaik already covered pretty well.

Any difference left with 3 million XEM or more?

Wether you have 3 or 10 million won’t make any difference no.