NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Fixed

My node (#127) failed in round #1847 in “responsiveness” field. It was happened several times in the past - and by each this fail I’m pretty sure, that response/connectivity of my (super)node is allright/fine/as_usual. So it must be some network outage between my node (Europe) and (that round) measuring node (e.g. in U.S.). I understand that these situations should happened (and sometimes they happened), but - of course - I have a “sad feeling” from this result. Even if my node is working well, serving clients (at least from Europe rank) well, I’m missing my (deserved) reward - again.

So, BR, is there any idea, how to improve the tests or this “responsivity part” of tests ? Is it possible to do repeating attempt (if 1st attempt failed in any reason), with longer delay between 1st and 2nd attempt, for example? Or, if there are several measuring nodes in several locations (suppose they are?), could the 2nd measure provide another node (from another location), if 1st-round-node failed (or the test failed from any reason) ?

Of course I understand that it means extra-work for you (and I guess you’re already overloaded enough, regardless to supernodes portfolio), and that the whole measuring process becomes more complex. On the other hand, it would be more fair to all operators of their supernodes.

Thank you.

@KloNEM:
The master is repeating the test 3 times if the node fails because the response was too slow. If more than one response is missing then the node failed the test with getting another chance.
Looking at the last 45 rounds, your node failed only one time. I think that is acceptable.
If you have the feeling you have to get those last 2% too, you should consider choosing the US as location, maybe it helps. But even then there is a chance the connection to the master isn’t stable.

@BloodyRookie thanks, my node ninja3 is working now.!

send a message to change my node name, please check

General remark:
valid messages to change ip or alias are:

change ip < old ip > to < new ip >
change alias < old alias > to < new alias >

There is no way to automatically change the public key.
If you need to change the public key, you need to send a message to

NALICE-PFLZQR-ZGPRIJ-TMJOCP-WDNECX-TNNG7Q-LSG3

stating the supernode alias and the new public key.
This message must be sent from the account you used to enroll.
Also add a post here so i am aware of your request.

ok i have sent a valid message for an alias change. now what?

which one was your node?

NASC7QVH4E7SVSKTCF3XZHY32SUTZEFGUQATQCKQ

ip:

there were two message sent to the noderewards account:

“change alias dontknowwhatitis nz mega”
“change alias nasc7qvh4e7svsktcf3xzhy32sutzefguqatqckq to nz node”

both are invalid:

1. “nz node” contains a space, try something like “nz-node” or “nz_node”.
  2. The account from which it was sent was not the account from which the original enroll message came from.

Aside from that there is no node with ip 219.89.114.95 in the db.
Did you ever send the enroll message?

does anyone here know which is the correct method for restart your vserver without lost something
if supernodes fail to pass the test???

STOP AND RESET BUTTON AND THEN START
OR
SHUTDOWN AND RESET BUTTON AND THEN START???

Sorry, but we need a bit more Information.

i have my hetzer server and my supernodes fail and i want to restart my server what i must do

i have these option

STOP AND RESET BUTTON AND THEN START
OR
SHUTDOWN AND RESET BUTTON AND THEN START???

or something else?

Has Hetzner made a security update?

i dod not think so why you tell that?

What is the reason for “fail” the test ? Do you know it ?

i need simple do that and i want to ask which button to push for not destroy my supernodes and need to install it again from the beggining

Servants are not responding on those 2 supernodes, I need to restart the servant

Then start a console (ssh) and start the servant new…without a reason for the servant failure…???