NEM Supernode Rewards Program

NIS1337 - http://supernodes.nem.io/details/43

@hardshot: that usually means there is something wrong with the servant configuration.
Please check that the servant is running and that the port 7880 of your vps is open for incoming requests.
The logs shows that no node can contact your servant.

Ah, yeah… Thank you.
The servant was killed due to lack of memory :wink:

Any updates? or is this project being discussed elsewhere also?

Updates of what kind?

How much memory was your node running hardshot. Just wondering if I should plan to up my VMs memory or not.

How long does it take to enroll?

Once you send the enroll message, it should be fast since a script will add your node to the db. Then from the next round on your node will be tested. It will take a day till the results are stable though.

Was missing server name. Sent message again

How the testing going. How long is testing likely to last. Will there be a drop in bandwidth requirements. I see responsiveness seems to be working now. What is left to do ?

How is the bandwidth calculated?

ryan_Todd: you mean in the enroll message? We might have to correct it manually in that case.

fragout1: some people are still facing problems due to misconfigured servant. I guess the test phase will go on for a while till we have the feeling that everything works as expected. Bandwidth will probably be lowered a bit as it seems too tough.

garp: for the bandwidth test of node A, the master retrieves the 10 nodes with lowest ping to node A from the db and then randomly picks 3 of those nodes which in turn actually challenge node A. A seed is send to node A from which node A can calculate an entity which is about 2MB in size. That entity is uploaded from node A to the node that challenged node A. The time for that operation is measure and thus the speed is calculated. The result are reported back to the master.

@ryan_Todd I’m running it on a 1GB machine. Just be sure to enable some swap space :wink:
I’d say, it is recommended to run your VPS on a SSD server, so swapping is still fast.

The supernode needoas more than a 1GB of ram??? What OS are you using??

fher98: with swap memory it can run on a 1GB linux node.

And so it does: http://supernodes.nem.io/details/43
All tests passed since I set it up correctly.

If you need some help, I will try to support you a little :wink:

If I understand this correctly, the supernode NIS need delegated private key from bond account / main account which contain 3M, is that right?

If yes, is there someway to secure or encrypt the delegated private key if we want to run supernode NIS on commercial vps, like amazon aws?

“If I understand this correctly, the supernode NIS need delegated private
key from bond account / main account which contain 3M, is that right?”

That is correct.

“If yes, is there someway to secure or encrypt the delegated private key
if we want to run supernode NIS on commercial vps, like amazon aws?”

No. But even if the delegated key gets compromised, the XEM on the main account cannot be stolen.