NEM Symbol 0.10.0.6 Release Announcement & Next Steps
As communicated in the General Update (01-Feb-2021) yesterday, we are pleased to announce the release of various components in the Symbol 0.10.0.6 release.
- Core, REST + SDKs releases are provided; fixing most known important issues
- Wallets will release later this week; Desktop and Mobile
- Two issues found very recently, require another patch, it will fork Testnet
- An interim stress test is likely to occur this week to ensure it is still passing
- NGL final stress test will not occur until after the fork, likely next week
The main release components are:
- Catapult Core Server - 0.10.0.6
- Catapult REST - 2.3.2
- SDK Java - 0.23.1
- Symbol Bootstrap - 0.4.2
- OpenAPI - 0.11.2
Wallets & CLI
You will see that Wallets have not been included in this release, they will come later this week and rely on some of the components above (REST and SDK). This is deliberate to allow additional time for testing and validation after the last couple of releases had problems.
The Desktop Wallet release is expected to resolve/improve Delegated Harvesting and Multi Signature functionality among various P2 Issues.
A new version of the mobile wallets (Android and iOS) will be released which contains a significant number of resolved issues.
These releases are expected to resolve all P1 issues and most P2s, a subsequent patch release may be issued for the wallets before launch with additional issue resolutions in.
It is very likely the next wallet release will require you to backup and re-import your private keys. I suggest you back them up if you haven’t already, if the accounts on Testnet are important to you - backup the the individual keys, not the profile/mnemonic. This is due to a change in the derivation path to increase security in preparation for Launch release version.
There are 2 important known issues that were raised in the past 2 days. They are well advanced in their resolution but could not be included in this release. These two issues are both considered very important for launch and at least subsequent patch release will be issued for these:
It is likely these will be released early next week but until they have been resolved and tested no commitment is made on the exact timing. We decided to continue with this release because it contains important fixes which require validation and are needed for the Wallet issues to progress.
It is known that one of these issues will require a hard fork of Testnet when it is applied, so final stress testing will not happen until after the patch and the fork.
NGL Stress Testing
The planned NGL final stress test prior to selecting a launch and snapshot date will occur after the the issues above are resolved and released.
In addition, we will endeavour to run another stress test this week to test today’s patch and will be working with the NEMTus team to retest the “Daoka-Canon” issue that is fixed in this patch.
NEM Symbol 0.10.0.6 Release Announcement:
A short while ago the below was posted on the public Slack channel:
The 0.10.0.6 server build is released. The core testnet nodes have been upgraded.
The extra 500 nodes will be upgraded by region over the next day or so.The api nodes endpoints are:
The faucets can be found at:
Explorer is here:
For those interested in testing out running a test network node :
How to Upgrade your Testnet Node (0.10.0.6)
Before upgrading, it’s recommended to backup your node’s target folder
Install the latest bootstrap:
npm install -g symbol-bootstrap
Peer Node Only
If you are running a Peer only node, run:
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a peer --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
--upgrade option will recreate your server configuration, docker configuration, and upgrade the format of addresses.yml without dropping the existing data or generates keys.
Dual Node or API Node
If you are running an API or a Dual node, run:
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a api --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a dual --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
If you wish to reset to a new/clean testnet node,
--reset instead of ‘–upgrade’ will clear up all your data and keys. The keys will be regenerated if you are not providing them with a custom preset. Note that a resync is likely to take >24 hours due to the size of the chain.
It’s worth double-checking that your docker services are running. Validate the services logs and check that your node’s keys and accounts are valid.
For new nodes, you can also follow: Running a Symbol Testnet Node
Symbol 0.10.0.5 Release Notes
[0.10.0.6] - 02-Feb-2021
- mongo: new config-database settings writeTimeout and maxDropBatchSize
- new config-node setting: maxTimeBehindPullTransactionsStart - delay transaction pulls and processing of pushes until node is close to being synced
- allow remote links in linker tool
- local remote harvesting account should not require node link #142
- bypass MaxTransactionValidator for nemesis block
- prevent resolution statements from being created during chain undo #148
- breaking: split address tool into two separate tools: tool.addressgen (vanity generator) and tool.address (converter)
[v2.3.2] - 02-Feb-2021
ToHeightto receipt search endpoint.
- Fixed issues on only multisig and aggregate initiator can query partial transactions.
[0.23.1] - 02-Feb-2021
Milestone: Catapult-server main(0.10.0.6)
Package Version Link SDK Core v0.23.1 symbol-sdk Catbuffer v0.1.1 catbuffer-typescript Client Library v0.11.1 symbol-openapi-typescript-fetch-client
- Added optional parameter in websocket listener channels to automatically subscribe multisig account for cosigners.
SDK - Java
[0.23.1] - 2-Feb-2021
Milestone: Catapult-server finality (0.10.0.4)
Package Version Link SDK OkHttp v0.23.1 https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/nem/symbol-sdk-okhttp-client SDK Vertx v0.23.1 https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/nem/symbol-sdk-vertx-client Catbuffer Library v0.1.1 https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/nem/catbuffer-java Client OkHttp v0.11.2 https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/io/nem/symbol-openapi-okhttp-gson-client Client Vertx v0.11.2 Central Repository: io/nem/symbol-openapi-vertx-client
toHeightto transaction statement searches.
[0.4.2] - Feb-2-2020
Package Version Link Symbol Bootstrap v0.4.2 symbol-bootstrap
- Link command supports for
- Supernode enrol command supports for
- Storing downloaded artifacts (like agent binary) in the current working dir fixing issue when installing bootstrap as root.
- Moved voting keys files from ./data to ./userconfig in the target folder.
- Added Symbol Bootstrap version to generated configuration reports.
- Renamed command from
[0.11.2] - 02-Feb-2021
Targets catapult-rest 2.3.2
ToHeightfilters in receipt search endpoint.