Problem when make Withdraw from iPhone app

@Saul it looks like similar issue have people in topic Problem with iPhone wallet [MOVED]
This problem is already fixed? Message when sending money looks similar. Only difference is app crashing when trying export key.

I really do not know, that is why I have tagged @thomasoehri, he is the one who is actively making updates to this app.

Hi Thomas (@thomasoehri),
Could you please help with my issue?

From what you’re describing it seems that the stored private key on the device is corrupt.
The application encrypts the private key with the application password you’ve chosen and stores the resulting string on the device. When you try to access the private key, the application tries to decrypt the stored string with your application password, and if that isn’t possible it crashes.

Have you had the application installed before the 24th of may and changed the application password, where the app was still v1.0.4? We had a bug in that release where changing the application password, which makes the app re-encrypt the stored private key with the new application password, would encrypt and store it in a wrong format. If you changed your application password with that version of the app, it would result in corrupted private keys.

The issue was fixed with v1.1.0 of the app, which was released on the 24th of may.
Could that be the case with your issue? If so, there is still something you could check to get the correct private key back. Can you check if you have an iTunes/iCloud backup of your device from the time before you changed your application password? If you find one don’t restore it just yet, first respond back to me. There are critical parts of data we have to retrieve from the device where the application is crashing before we can restore the backup! We have a recovery version of the app for that.

If you neither have a backup of your private key nor a backup of your device, there is no way to recover access to your account.

1 Like

Good afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

I think I got the app before 24th of may and put the coins on it and never used the app again to send or receive coins. So I never really changed the password, only select changed from vingerprint to manual input.

I updated the app only 3-4 weeks ago.
I have still a backup from 28-6, but don’t know what version of the app is on that one.

Do you think it could be recovered with the back up?

Hopefully my account can me fixed!

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

We can try it. Could you please send me an email address of yours, either here or via private message?
I’ll then send you an invitation for the recovery version of the app.

Could you please contact me on Telegram (@thomasoehri), so that i can guide you through all the necessary steps once i’ve sent you the recovery version invitation?

And keep in mind, don’t recover the backup just yet and don’t delete the app on your device. We first need to extract some important data from the app on your device.

@Dyon_Gosenshuis and @thomasoehri good luck

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

I contacted you on Telegram and send my emailadres!

Thanks!

Thanks for you help! hopefully it will work!

I’m trying to retrieve my private key by using “export account” in the Nem-app on my iPhone. The app asks to confirm to use application password. When I accept this, I get thrown out of the app. When I re-enter the app, nothing changed.

What can I do?

Kind regards,
Alrik

Have you tokens on this account or it’s empty?

It’s not empty

I’m not familiar with IOS but maybe try give nem wallet app all permisions. Maybe this is reason why app fail.
If this didnt work try create second wallet using nanowallet (desktop) and sending tokens from ios app to new wallet.

All permissions didn’t do the trick. I’ll try a second wallet.

Doesn’t work. New error in the app when I try to send new to new wallet: " Failure_signature_not_verifiable" :frowning:

I see more people seem to have this problem in the iPhone app. Think the tokens are lost? Very disturbing…

Yes. It looks like same problem as in Problem when make Withdraw from iPhone app
You can ask Dyon and Thomas if they managed to fix this.
As I understand you are sure you don’t do backup after wallet creation (there is message about this) ?

I don’t think I have a backup. Installing and depositing was so very easy that I payed to little attention to this kind of stuf. I hope maybe @thomasoehri can help me out?!

Can you contact me on Telegram (@thomasoehri) so we can try to find a solution?

1 Like

Im having the same problem here trying to withdrawal NEM from the phone app, "FAILURE_SIGNATURE_NOT_VERIFIABLE"
now i tried to enter my private key in the mobile wallet on my computer (chromebook) and it says i have zero xem