Symbol Opt-in: when should I expect to see XYM in my wallet?

Hello. Please contact via helpdesk if problem is still not solved https://nemplatform.com/contact/
Of course lost mnemonics can’t be restored …

I am in the same situation I did not get a mnemonic when I opted in? I can see airdrop is successful as I traced my NEM address from Telegram report but I cannot access XYM wallet??

2 Likes

In this case this is not true. If someone has opted in and has not saved his mnemonic words he will not be able to opt again. His XYM were created at Genesis (block 1) and would remain inaccessible.

The post snapshot opt in is only for people with XEM at the snapshot time that have not opted in already.

1 Like

Honestly I screen shot all the information when I opted in and I was only shown VRF keys

If that is the case, the only thing that I can think of is that the software you used was somehow compromised. As some other people in this thread mentioned similar cases, can I ask you when (date) did you opt in? Just to see if there is some sort of pattern here.

Edit: forget it because if it was a compromised software the funds in the XYM wallet would have been gone already.

In any case, I’m afraid, if you do not have the words there is no way you or anyone can access that wallet.

When you create mobile wallet you were asked to backup mnemonic.
Same for desktop wallet.
Watch tutorials for optin:

I know for one thing that my opt-in no way looked like this with fancy Symbol screens

1 Like

On the app when wallet is created it offered two options.
Back up Mnemonic or Backup with QR code.
I believe I backed up with QR code which is why I never saw the mnemonic?
I have a backed up QR code but I just get invalid QR code when I try to import it into Symbol app

Has anyone used Vidulum wallet to opt-in for XYM? I’ve opted-in using Vidulum wallet and still waiting for the XYM airdrop. The Vidulum wallet supposed to update to include XYM after the launch, but no words on when the update will take place. I contacted the support team at Vidulum, but no response. I’m still waiting patiently for the airdrop. Should I be worried? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Could you show exact error?

Hi. I contacted them and they finishing implementation. Just wait a little bit :wink:

This is now resolved, thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

Я не получал монету XYM, что сделал не так?
У МЕНЯ ЕСТЬ СИМВОЛ АДРЕС: NBW55V-S2PUM5-LDM5OZ-R3MXZD-G6J6HE-2NQJN6-IXA

• ГДЕ у учетной записи еще нет открытого ключа (это ответ http://explorer.symbolblockchain.io/ )
    Я делал в NEM Кошелек операцию Symbol Опт Ин получил этот адрес открытый ключ и мнемонику для Symbol, но при создании профиля import в кошельке XYM я ввожу мнемоническую фразу, которую мне дало при ОПТ ИН и показывает 10 адресов, но моего в списке нет. Смотрел по видео должен быть первым с пометкой ОПТ ИН и балансом. Но в списке нет нужного адреса и все по нулям.

Мой XYM NBW55VS2PUM5LDM5OZR3MXZDG6J6HE2NQJN6IXA

мой адрес NEM
NA3KUGDWXO5HFUGKRXUEZF265IAKETIH72MWQPSG

На использовании кошельке если ввожу мнемонику дает вообще другой адрес нежели в карточке.

At first, thank you for your support.

I got reply from NEM Helpdesk but it’s not helpful for me.
XYM Mobile wallet was designed to keep wallet information when it’s updated from opt-in version to released version, so that re-importing mnemonics is not required at that moment.
However, it doesn’t work in my case due to some reason, as Helpdesk said.

Mobile app should not be frozen during the migration period,
at least mnemonics and QR code can be taken every time, if the app is unsafe.
It is the useless wallet app in the world.

Still, I hope to recover data if it remains there, but not sure.
If anyone can hack the secret key, I will give the all XYM(around 32,000) in the wallet.

Have you optin mnemonic backup? Please tell more about your situation.

You had below 100 XEM at snapshot block (12th March 04:26:34 UTC)

https://explorer.nemtool.com/#/s_account?account=NA3KUGDWXO5HFUGKRXUEZF265IAKETIH72MWQPSG

Please find the following steps.

1. I opt-in on the mobile app in the last October. In that time, I didn’t save mnemonic backup.
    Possibly I tried to take QR code backup, but it’s not available now. Error would occur as same as the current mobile app or I cannot find the generated QR codes.
  2. After the mobile app is frozen, I noticed that backup code is required to use the opt-in wallet after mainnet is launched. No way to take it in that time.
  3. According to the official NEM Twitter account, backup code can be found after update of mobile wallet.
  4. After the update, I cannot find my opt-in wallet on the mobile app. Only “Seed Account 1” without any balance is there. No child wallet can be found.

Mobile app is designed to take over wallet information from step 1 to step 4 as a special technical specification. (NEM Helpdesk said, every time re-importing of backup code is required after update of app in usual case.)

Honestly, I never use backup code except moving the wallet to another device in the past.
I cannot believe mobile app doesn’t ensure to keep data even though the device is not broken.
Therefore I have to say this mobile app is UNSAFE. It doesn’t meet the requirement to handle valuable asset.

It is not for you, but I would like to say it.
I feel the missing of accountability for so called “official mobile app” from NEM Helpdesk’s answer. “Open source project” is not correct answer why mobile app is not working as expected.
Even though open source project, the quality of mobile app should be guaranteed by publisher.
Especially in the current phase, because official mobile / desktop wallet is the only way to access XYM.

Thank you for reading so long message.

Why you did not back up the mnemonic if you had problems with exporting QR? I can’t understand that. You should know that without a private key / mnemonic backup you should do nothing with a cryptocurrency wallet.
What is frozen? Could you describe what exactly happens? Android/IOS?

As I said, usual mobile app doesn’t lose data except crashing of the device.
I can agree with the importance of manual backup, if I’m in 90’s.

“Frozen” means that only “Opt-in was finished” message was shown on the mobile app before main-net launched. There is no way to access wallet detail during this version.

Manual backup is the basic thing in each crypto wallet in my opinion. If you want keep coins safe of course.
So you described that app updated and you don’t have your Optin account.
What’s your NEM address if I can ask?