Where did my Nem go

Where do Nem ago when sending from the Nem Mainnet Android client. I put an amount in the amount box at the bottom and pressed send expecting another box to pop up asking for an address. It didn’t and the Nem are gone. How do I get them back. Thank you for you help.

2 Likes

I did the SAME exact thing and made the same exact assumption. If you received the XEM from an exchange and happened to be on the same thread then you sent it back to the exchange.

Basically you sent it to the address of whoever was in the thread where you see the negative amount.

Thanks Luis_M. So what did you do to retrieve your Nem, assuming you did? It’s pretty bad programming if it’s so easy to make such a mistake. Hard to take a crypto seriously with such a obvious flaw.

BTW - I wasn’t on an exchange, I was on Changelly. There is no history of it there. It shows that it’s still waiting for me to send it.

Luis, is there any way within the app to check the history or to see where
I sent it? This was thousands of dollars. I need to find a way to retrieve
it. Thanks again. Ray

Mine was also Changelly…that’s kinda like an exchange. I was able to locate my order and the transaction that I sent them using my address. In thread you sent it to you can look at the top of the screen and that will show you the address you sent it to.

You can locate the transaction here: http://chain.nem.ninja/#/blocks/0

I took the info and made a support ticket at Changelly and received a auto reply that they have the ticket, typically they respond in 24 hours but do to high volume it may be delayed. Today that will make 2 days and nothing yet. If you look in tech support I have a thread going where I am popping status updates in hopes that if it happens to others they can have a reasonable expectation of what to expect from customer service.

I’ve also got about $700 out in the wind as well so trust me I feel your pain. And although after looking around the app I figured out the “new” link creates transactions where you choose the wallet I also feel it’s terrible design to have that area down there so prominent and no confirmation of where you are sending it. Especially considering the “new” button pops the address and transaction info in the same thread.

1 Like

Changelly is having issues, and i also have funds floating in the wind. But i need to know how to cancel it. I see threads on here but nothing truly explains “how to cancel”.

My hash is: d7f98ab3bd5386aef67d3c0f8545d8a57a241376a9f992242c9a578b838116ad
Is it possible to reverse this transaction and do it with shapeshift instead?

@Don_Giovanni: Once the transaction is in the blockchain, i will not be reversed. You have to contact Changelly and tell them you want the xem back on your account. Show them a link to the transaction you made.

1 Like

Only problem is their customer service is absolutely unresponsive. 2 days is a long bit of time for someone’s money to be out there with no assurance or communication that you will get it back. No one to call, no real response. I’ve been looking though here to see if anyone every replied back about getting their coin back when an accident like this happens. I plan on updating my previous post so that hopefully it makes folks stress less if Changelly does the right thing.

I’ll also update here if Changelly contacts me from my support ticket. All I’ve gotten so far is

“Unfortunately our team is a heavily overloaded now, answer may come later, sorry.”

Apparently, they don’t make enough to hire support people to handle issues like this. Sad.

Same.

I think its cool that there is a reversal feature… but its null and void in my humble opinion, if the option disappears after 15 seconds. Its practically the same as every other crypto if you need to contact the exchange.

Guess I’ll be using https://shapeshift.io/#/coins from now on. Any other recommendations?

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with shapeshift but I don’t know if they we be any better on customer service if the same situation happened.

Also, I don’t believe there is any “reversal” feature? It’s just hope and pray that Changelly every actually responds and does the right thing. Or maybe there is some other way to get their attention like hit their Facebook page or something… I don’t know…it’s been exactly 2 days now and nada…

Question for the NEM folks…I know it was my mistake but it seems like a lot of folks make the same mistake. Maybe consider changing the UI to make transactions more deliberate? I don’t even think you should have the option to send without explicitly seeing the address you are sending to and having a confirmation as such. Just a suggestion because losing coin is not good and being able to easily inadvertently send your coin with one button click is all to easy.

Oh and by the way awesome that the NEM folks here are very responsive and try to assist. Too bad Changelly and the exchanges customer service doesn’t offer that kind of customer service service, especially when dealing with people’s currency.

1 Like

I transfer some XEM to Poloniex. on May 16, and i haven’t seen it deposited to my account. what do i need to do ? thx

Please contact Poloniex support.

one more question how do i view the transaction history to get the TAXid on the NEM wallet for iPhone . i’ve looked all over the app and can’t find it.

@BreezeyVille i have the exact same problem. I deposited NEM on the 17th of May and its says on Poloniex history page Confirmations: 17 of 18 “pending” since 3 days and it doesnt show on my balance.
I opened a support ticket at poloniex providing following infos:

From NBM6JS-WPP5Q4-47QPUP-WQVZG5-GOTBDB-OTGIGT-TDU6
To NBZMQO-7ZPBYN-BDUR7F-75MAKA-2S3DHD-CIFG77-5N3D
Block 1114668
Hash 3d36220e1d5332fe847326d2ed5c69790bb4f97b176c33c6bf20a9e7a2e24de9

Poloniex answered:
“Please copy and paste the transaction id/hash of the missing transaction, as text, in a reply to this ticket and I will search for it on our wallet.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Best regards,
Kevin
Poloniex Support”

Since 2 days they haven´t answered anymore.
Can anyone give me some infos of what to do in this situation?

Check out my Changelly issue resolution here (coin back in my wallet):

Except shapeshift doesnt exchange NEM -_-"