Cannot send NEM from Iphone

[quote=“Conor_Clancy, post:8, topic:6455”]where does it clearly state that the mobile wallet is not safe, i honestly must have missed that warning.
[/quote]

It states that it’s BETA in the splashscreen. I’d agree that it should be made more clear, ideally in the discription of the app

Definitely try to remove touch id. I agree that this might be causing the issue.

Anyone know how i cant access my coins on the NEM ios wallet?

the app is broken and i cant send the coins or access my private key

ive been trying for a few months now, but this forum is the only place that has any sort of support but no one has been able to help me on it after 5 posts?

Its a forum for making complaints, and make it appear legitimate, but youll never actually get a helpful answer.

a massive warning for people stay away from NEM

Have you tried doing this?

thanks for the reply. unfortunately its the same result, it just takes longer. I’ve tried absoultely eveything. Its so strange, i actually just dont understand why it doesnt work

@thomasoehri Can you help out here. I am not sure how to go about replicating this issue, I have not ran across this one before at all.

Did you have a version prior to v1.1.2 installed on the device, or is v1.1.2 the only version you had installed?

1 Like

So I’ve been on this forum loads of times without getting anywhere. I’ve put up a video on YouTube as I’m just so sick of this to be honest. I just want my private code or the ability to send my NEM to my mates. Is that too much to ask?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any idea what’s going on.

Cheers

no its not the touch id, its the same result without it.
the app is broken, so it’s not safe and shouldn’t be promoted as a safe way to store coins.

1 Like

What can I say. I’ve tried so many times for someone anyone to help me but no one can. Only conclusion that’s it’s a massive scam. Warning to everyone don’t use NEM wallets they aren’t safe. And if there are issues NO ONE can help you. I had had an issue with my trezor and someone helped me. Even the exchanges have people to help you (might take a week), but not a billion dollar crypto ‘company’. It has a forum with no support. I think that says it all really. I used their wallet!!! For full details I’m made a video as a video explains it all easily. https://youtu.be/OYkrjkWmrXk

Hi Conor – sorry to hear about the issues with the app. I hope I haven’t go the wrong end of the stick here, but could you not just copy and paste a text address to send your XEM to another account (e.g. one set up on Nano, perhaps?), rather than scan a QR code/save to a contact, then send?

Ive tried sending it to my mates address, every possible way, but the app crashes whatever way I do it.

Ah, okay. Reason I ask is people often overlook the new transaction button (it’s doesn’t exactly scream its presence up on the top-right, being a small icon), as the video only showed you trying to send via the contacts, which is going to be a different process.

Have you also tried quitting the app via the app switcher and starting it up again?

Are you using version 1.1.3 now?

I’ve updated to the latest version and I’ve lost everything. I now need to set up a new NEM account with zero coins!!! I don’t know what I was expecting but not that. Live and learn, loads of scams out there. People need to be careful.

@Conor_Clancy I’m not sure if my answer is not too late for you. Have you tried to export private key from application and import private key into nano wallet desktop app?
On Android app export wallet option is available when you click more button. Should be similar in IOS.
Maybe still you can restore to previous state (before update) from backup?

https://pasteboard.co/images/GL9iKcB.jpg/download
https://pasteboard.co/images/GL9jdFR.jpg/download

If you can export private key in this way I provide you instructions to import into nano wallet.

Pawelm, I get the impression you didn’t look at the vidoe. The whole problem is I cannot access my private key. The app crashed when i go into it and has for the last 3 months. Its a scam stay away from NEM, the sooner the government clamp down on these ‘companies’ the better. I downloaded the app, sent coins, decided i better get the private key, it wouldnt let me, decided i should send them to someone else it wouldnt let me.

Hi sorry but on your vide I missed moment when you click “more” button.

Also had this issue. Went away after reinstall.

@Horka That’s why backups of private keys are so important :frowning:

In this old account have you tried switching to another node?

Warning NEM is a massive scam, They stole $5k of my money and NO ONE can help. No email, no contact, no help.Cant wait for the feds to start clamping down on these ‘comanies’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYkrjkWmrXk&t=22s

Hello:

1. Why you don’t backup private keys? This should be the first thing you do after creating account.
  2. Why you sent money if the application doesn’t work correctly on your phone?
3 Likes