Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here! [MOVED]

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/f3ccd712b9179d115d4578480ad5a8a96df16001427958db0c1c7b5ff1c174a4

It worked :slight_smile:

Yes thank you very much memario. I received the 1 XEM. I tried to send it back to you but I have insufficient balance (minus fees I guess).

I appreciate you’re help narrowing down my problem to Coinspot.

May I please ask, did you send to my address with the dashes or did you remove them?

Thanks again.

Yes so your account is functional.
Coinspot may take some time maybe even 3 days or more to address the issue.
Yet I believe they will get to you, their support should reply.
Yes I sent with the dashes, this works, that is your public address.
Cheers

I do not know how Coinspot is handling it, but there is a possibility that Bittrex has a limitation not to send money to addresses that do not have a public key.
Currently your address does not have a public key.

If that is the cause, you have to create a public key.
The way to create a Public Key is to transfer 0XEM from your wallet to your address.

1 Like

What is that about ? How can an account not have a public-key ? Isn’t the address a representation of the public-key ?

You can create an NEM address from the public key, but you can not reverse it.
So, the address of the newly created NEM will be remitted using the private key and the public key will be released on the block chain.

thanks

1 Like

I don’t get why that is necessary. They key pairs are created at the same time right ? So why not do that right away ? Why make this such a nuisance ?

1 Like

It is Wallet that makes the key pair. Unless you send it, the public key will not be published on the block chain.
In the currency that became the basis of NEM, remittance processing was necessary as a compulsory work to register the public key in the block chain at the beginning.
Currently NEM has been improved to work, even without processing it.
However, it is exchanges, not NEMs, that they do not send without public key. That specification is not my decision.

Usability nightmare and not the first with nem I might add.
Of course it’s not your decision. Nobody sait it was :slight_smile:

I bought NEM on Bittrex sent to my wallet NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG, is empty! HELP!!!

According to the blockchain the amount specified is located on that address http://explorer.ournem.com/#/s_account?account=NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG

Are you sure that’s your wallets address?

yes! i have file, pass and private key

Could you click on “account primary” for me and paste the address there here?

address NCLSCB-ZIBZLG-POQUGR-LLDHL2-M4FMTL-J63Z6X-PWJ2

Well there’s the problem.

This is the address you sent the xem to: NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG
While this is your wallet address: NCLSCB-ZIBZLG-POQUGR-LLDHL2-M4FMTL-J63Z6X-PWJ2 empty on chain

So I’m afraid you’ve sent your xem to the wrong wallet. The xem did arrive on the first address however so if you own this wallet or can find the person who owns it the xem can be transferred again.

Why does my cold wallet have such a name NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG !?

You made the wallet you gave it the name :confused:

If you have ownership over : NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG

You can transfer the funds since they’re at that address.

How can I cancel this operation

You can’t the funds are already on the address you send it to.

if you own the wallet with that address you can log in to it end send the xem to the right wallet.

If you don’t you’ll have to contact the owner of that address and ask him to please return your funds. Easiest way to attempt this is by sending him/her a transaction of 0 xem with a message included explaining the situation.

How did it work out, I sent XEM to bittrex last night, i got up today and it never arrived, i put some numbers in the msg txt only because bittrex supplied them, do i have recourse