Symbol Launch - Community Discussion on timing options

Nista spec, gledam sta ce ovi da urade sa ovim koinom, hoce li ga konacno saciniti:)

1 Like

Bit će pumpa , braćo Slaveni, pozdrav iz Poljske;)

1 Like

Pozdrav za bratsku Poljsku sa Slovenskog Balkana:)

2 Likes

I ja buraz, od 2017 pratim ovo. Bice dobro, pokrecese

1 Like

Ne govorim hrvatskom ali ucim

1 Like

Seems like the testing is doing very well :slight_smile: Could be a good news for a release ASAP

I repeat: ASAP doesnt mean “release tomorrow even if it’s bugged” lel. It just mean “release as soon as it is ready”

And if the tests keeping going that well, It could be ready very soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Slavic languages are piece of cake (for any Slavs), even english language has surprisinly many slavic words, only distorted like work =(ł)orać/(ł)orka (in some chatter in polish, in english has not exactly the same meaning but similar), some scientific morons says that is Pre-Indo-European origin but it is bulls…t. I as a Slav can sift what is true and what is not in origin of words. Slavs are makers of the words (Słowo in polish = Słowianie - makers of words, they are called Slaves by “race of lords” sigh).

5 Likes

Part of me wants it to coincide with the anniversary of NIS1 for sentimental reasons and also awareness of the release can be maximised to the audience at the conference.

But another part of me says as soon as possible due to the market being very bullish at the moment, and we’re not sure what could change by the end of March in the market.

Strike while the iron is hot!

3 Likes

@DaveH ASAP! The majority has decided on ASAP! The poll says it all! ASAP!

2 Likes

The Launch is being delayed by a decision on the date? Really? Do it ASAP! Already there are comments in other forums about the delays & the vote, was it the dev’s who held sway & not the public vote to get it out there? Most holders of NEM from the public have said they will dump as soon the snapshot is taken & because of the delays & the dodgy vote. Public credibility is everything & I would like this project to succeed, so stop procrastinating & get it out there while everything is flying, avoid the dump & launch while on the pump!

3 Likes

"ASAP"を支持します。
まず大前提として現状ローンチを延期しているという事実があります。これに対するアプローチはASAP一択です。
勘違いしてはならない点としてすでに書いていらっしゃる方がいますが、ASAPは「バグがあってもすぐにリリースする」という意味ではありません。「準備ができたらすぐにリリースする」という意味です。
よって、もし何らかの大きな問題がまた発表されたのであれば更に延期すべきという意味も含まれています。
"16-18March、29March"も魅力的ですが、これはそもそも2020年12月よりも前の話し合いでローンチ戦略に盛り込むべき話であり、この2つの選択肢をいま選ぶことは「戦略に計画性が無い」と表明するようなものだと思います。

(This is a machine translation.↓)
I support “ASAP”.
First of all, there is the fact that we are currently postponing the launch. The only approach to this is ASAP.
As some people have already mentioned, ASAP does not mean “release as soon as there are bugs”.
It means, “I’ll release it as soon as it’s ready”.
Therefore, it also means that if some major problem is announced again, it should be postponed further.
“16-18March and 29March” are also attractive, but this is something that should have been discussed and included in the launch strategy before December 2020 in the first place.
Choosing these two options now would be like stating that you don’t have a plan for your strategy.

6 Likes

I would say not until all tests are good and we can say the tech is ROCK SOLID, nevermind the masses looking for the free coins. if given a choice of the 3 options above Id go with the 29th because its a “Symbolic” :laughing: day.
Saying ASAP just puts undue pressure on the team, after this long another month or even more isnt going to matter, altcoin season hasnt even started yet, most coins just being dragged up by BTCs rise.

Better to have a polished product than rushed out, also waiting gives time to build hype for it and get some marketing onto it.

1 Like

Crypto will crash before that day, April will be bad for Bitcoin and crypto. First half of March is best option, other than that will be awful.

By the way in that March stay away from Fuji Mountain/Volcano, as far as possible.

2 Likes

Is it too late to Opt-In? Has the Snapshot already occurred?

If it has what can I do to get my matching Symbol tokens?

Thank You!

Snapshot hasn’t occurred yet. You can either opt in through your NEM wallet (download the one with the opt in module from NEM.io). Or you can store on an exchange that supports opt in. I’m pretty sure binance supports opt in and snapshot.

1 Like

ok but i used the new symol wallet and it will show me my exact SYM what i will have in the future. So how does the sym wallet knows that if there was no snapshot in the past.

Sorry if the question is stupid ^^

Wallet show your current balance. Important is balance at snapshot block.

Why is that? Will bitcoin have a bigger price correction in that period before going to 100K $
or it will be just the end of the crypto bull cycle?

1 Like

I dont know exactly, but i know that all market moves in bubbles like this must have 5 waves, 1-3-5 bullish and 2-4 corrective. Max possible for wave 3rd for Bitcoin as i wrote in price charts topic is 144000, but its not guaranteed to do it, may be lower.

Beside that i know clairvoyant that saw two significant moments in this bubble for Bitcoin, March (top of wave 3rd of highest tier) and June (top of wave 5th of highest tier) as end of bubble. Some after effects of bubble may be in Summer for altcoins. In October crash in case of stocks market is expected. Cryptocrash should be before that crash. World economy will be in strong crisis. Next bubble in cryptoworld 2024/25 :smiley:

3 Likes

@DaveH ASAP! Here are the official poll results where OG and new members of the NEM community have voted on the Symbol Launch date: ASAP. Check the image below: