Symbol Launch - Early and Ecosystem Node Bonus Programmes

Hi Dave,

I’m a little confused about the minimum requirements for the Early Node program. is it 500,000? or 10000 is enough.
I have 100,000 in my wallet, am I excluded?

In my Opinion, not the best idea to reward only the first 75 nodes; it would have been better to equally distribute the reward between the eligible nodes…

Hey @DaveH and @Xavi , Version 15 of desktop windows Symbol wallet does not see my MultiSig Account that was opted in under “Address to Interact with” (as you set up your Symbol wallet after you enter your Mnemonic) , so I couldn’t get my public key. I went back to version 14.1 wallet and it did see the Multi Sig account address and I was able to get my public key, but this is concerning.

I checked all my other single opt-in accounts and all my co-signers accounts show up with the correct XYM balances and Opt-In message when setting up the new Symbol accounts with Mnemonic. Now I am paranoid that the MultiSig account that was opt-in (with 6 signatories correctly) has not worked and I am thinking of moving those XEM funds into a single account where I can confirm the XYM amounts when creating a new Symbol account. This will result in my XEM node going offline until after the snap shot. Anybody else having issues with the NEW V15 Windows wallet seeing MultiSig Account?

“and be a Symbol Account Holder of a Symbol Account with a
balance of 500,000 (five hundred thousand) XYM or greater that has been properly linked
to your node”: I guess minimum of 500k is needed for the Early Node program

Did you opt in via nano wallet?

Do you mean your multi sig account address or your cosigner account in that list?

If Multi Sig Address - that is correct, you need to log into the cosigner account to interact with it, but you probably have a paper wallet with the backed up VRF key, that won’t have been imported due to a slight change to the startup process and the VRF keys not being included in Genesis anymore (far too many VRF keys opted in and blew out genesis size, they are only needed for people running nodes at block 1 but the Ux appears to have caused most people to tick it)

If cosigner, let me know

Hey @DaveH , so I downloaded the New Symbol V15 Windows Desktop Wallet, so I could get the public key for the MultiSig Account to enrol for the Ecosystem Node Program.

I opted in all 6 Cosigners, and was given the Symbol address and Mnemonic for the MultiSig Account (when I did the Opt-In, No VRF keys were given) in Nano Wallet for this account. All was Opt In says all was good.

Even though you can’t really do much with access to this Symbol MultiSig Account, only co signers can. I should of been able to import the MultiSig Mnemonic in Symbol Wallet and see my public key.

In this case, Version 15 windows Symbol wallet released today I could not find the associated Symbol Address I was given for the MultiSig account which was opt-in on NANO wallet. So I could not finish the Symbol Import Setup on Version 15 Symbol Wallet.

What I ended up doing to get access to the Symbol public key was go back to V14.1 Symbol desktop windows wallet I downloaded the other day, imported the MultiSig account Mnemonic, was able to find the corresponding Symbol Address I was given in the Opt-In on Nano, and was able to get the public key for my Symbol MultiSig account.

My question is that why could I not do this with Version 15 Wallet today to get access to the public key. I had to use older version 14.1 Symbol wallet.

All Co-Signer Symbol accounts worked but when I log into the Symbol V15 wallet I can’t see any associated Symbol MultiSig accounts.

They Symbol Multi Sig Account Addres I was given was
NBZUGU-4SJVSY-N24CBL-N6KMQL-GHHAHP-KT57BE-NYA

and the associated public key I was able to get from version 14.1 Symbol wallet was
D4BEB591D6238729308895A6D7694D24BD80C924282B4C89438D73DD681E6450

Am I missing something not sure why Symbol wallet V15 didn’t find the above Symbol MultiSig address and V14.1 did find the address so I could get the public key. Also I can see on all the Co-Signers Opt In accounts in the Symbol wallet the corresponding XYM balance…but can’t see anything for the above MultiSig account, which has me questioning has it been Opt-In correctly or should I just move the funds before snapshot into a Single Account just to be safe.
Thanks

Which public key goes into the enrollment transaction? The nis1 or the corresponding symbol? Also, if I have a supernode account in multisig, shall I use the multisig public key or one of the cosigners?

Edited - information was incorrect

The key should be the symbol one (we know the NIS1 one from who signed the tx)

Use the multisig public key in that scenario - the account the node is conceptually linked to, not the one that is controlling (cosign)

Great @DaveH so I am going to assume the Funds in the MultiSig account are Opted-In as it stats in my NANO wallet? No way of verifying this other than what is says in Nano wallet? (All co-cosigners have checks and says MultiSig Account is Opt In with the corresponding Symbol Address NBZUGU-4SJVSY-N24CBL-N6KMQL-GHHAHP-KT57BE-NYA and given Multisig Mnemonic.

Actually I just double checked and that list does have multi sig accounts in, IF they are successufl and your opt in is not currently included:

http://explorer.experimental.symboldev.network/accounts/NBZUGU4SJVSYN24CBLN6KMQLGHHAHPKT57BENYA

If it was it would show above

Go here: Opt-in Statistics
Search for your public key:

D4BEB591D6238729308895A6D7694D24BD80C924282B4C89438D73DD681E6450

You are part of this issue:

You need to follow instructions above, I will go and update that list as well and double check it

1 Like

@DaveH I did use Nano Wallet v2.5.0 release when Opting in, I will just have to move from the MultiSig into a New Single Account and opt-in would be easiest option now. For the Ecosystem Node Bonus Program I will have to use that new public key from the single account, will I be able to change this public key after Symbol Launch to a Multisig Account public key when I setup this new MultiSig after launch and still be included in the Ecosystem Node Bonus Program?

Yep - can you submit a ticket to the helpdesk and include a link to this post please and we will sort that out? (@CryptoBeliever just tagging so you are aware)

Thanks for working around this one

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to double check and for all your Help @DaveH . Things must be crazy there!

1 Like

Little bit, but we will get there :wink:

2 Likes

There is a comma missing in the example between line
“nh”:“mynishostabc”
and
“ap”:7880}

Should be

{"type":10,
"p":"ecosystem",
"d":"a0839d7166924e3d9b6bc12ebf446c8f1572458dd051ebac3a4aec2538ad05fa",
"sh":"mysymbolnodeabc",
"nh":"mynishostabc",
"ap":7880}
1 Like

Options to help run a node post-launch of Symbol now that the deadline has been missed?

Options to help run a node post-launch of Symbol now that the deadline has been missed?

@ltcmining you still get block rewards for running the node which make up the main reason for running it (as well as philosophically/morally supporting your network and increasing your own security obviously) this is just a cherry on top type incentive to help motivate things. Supernode rewards as well if you have 1m, 2m or 3m xym for Symbol or 3m xem for NIS1

@garp

There is a comma missing in the example between line

Thanks fixed

Apologies for the slow replies on various threads, I am playing catch up after the pre-launch work for the last few days

From a few conversations on different platforms, it is clear that this programme would have been better if opened earlier had time/capacity permitted and there has been some confusion or use cases that it needed to adapt to (custom agent port for example).

The reason for this programme existing was not a hard and fast set of qualifying rules, it was conceived in the Tokenomics Working Group as a motivational approach to get nodes online quickly that were stable and they offered both chains some help with securing and getting stable during a potentially volatile/turbulent time.

With that in mind, as long as you have send the messages to try and enrol, it is permissible to send update messages to change things like hostnames, ports etc and we will try as much as possible via the helpdesk to help getting people set up in the first week. We expect the nodes to be online and a valid and helpful part of the ecosystem, but for the first week will accept alterations to the enrolments and try our best to help get things online and enrolled.

If you are sending another message - do please log a helpdesk ticket (don’t sent message on telegram or in the forum etc, its very noisy right now, they will probably be missed or take a while to see).

https://support.nemgroup.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like