Exchange Support. Lost XEM at an exchange? Post here! [MOVED]

Im sorry to break in to this conversation, i couldnt find msging, which brings me to the point, im somewhat tech challenged but, i sent 2500 XEM to a wallet on bittrex late last night and it never arrived, i have screen shots from the mobile app if that will help, again, sorry if this isnt the place for this,

Can someone please suggest what may have happened here:

1. Purchased 2574.51283781 NEM from Coinspot exchange
  2. Installed NEM Wallet 1.0.67 from Google Play
  3. Added an account in the wallet app
  4. Copied My Address: NCIKV5-KZIAXX-IX65QM-PW4TUN-DMBDBO-FSGRN3-65LK from the QR tab
  5. Pasted the address into Coinspot
  6. Included the message ‘test message’ and clicked send
  7. Received the confirmation email from Coinspot
    Coin: XEM
    Amount: 2574.51283781
    Address: NCIKV5-KZIAXX-IX65QM-PW4TUN-DMBDBO-FSGRN3-65LK|||test message

Nothing received after 3 hours in the app (balance 0 XEM). Coinspot reports the transaction as complete.

I’ve tried searching my address with this link:
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/account/NCIKV5-KZIAXX-IX65QM-PW4TUN-DMBDBO-FSGRN3-65LK

and without the dashes:

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/account/NCIKV5KZIAXXIX65QMPW4TUNDMBDBOFSGRN365LK

It seems my account doesn’t even exist.

Please let me know if I’ve done something wrong,

Thanks

I think you should contact coinspot. There is 0 known problems with the nem network so it’s probably on their end or user error. Everyday people have dozens of problem slike this and never has it been a problem with nem so contacting coinspot is probably your best bet.

Thanks memario,

I have raised the issue with Coinspot - just waiting to hear back.

Can you see anything wrong with my process that may have caused this?

Thanks,

Yes coinspot will sort it.
It takes time, I will send you one xem or whatnot to make sure your
account is working.

cheers

Did you get my 1 xem?
It worked on my side.

Cheers

1 Like

http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/f3ccd712b9179d115d4578480ad5a8a96df16001427958db0c1c7b5ff1c174a4

It worked :slight_smile:

Yes thank you very much memario. I received the 1 XEM. I tried to send it back to you but I have insufficient balance (minus fees I guess).

I appreciate you’re help narrowing down my problem to Coinspot.

May I please ask, did you send to my address with the dashes or did you remove them?

Thanks again.

Yes so your account is functional.
Coinspot may take some time maybe even 3 days or more to address the issue.
Yet I believe they will get to you, their support should reply.
Yes I sent with the dashes, this works, that is your public address.
Cheers

I do not know how Coinspot is handling it, but there is a possibility that Bittrex has a limitation not to send money to addresses that do not have a public key.
Currently your address does not have a public key.

If that is the cause, you have to create a public key.
The way to create a Public Key is to transfer 0XEM from your wallet to your address.

1 Like

What is that about ? How can an account not have a public-key ? Isn’t the address a representation of the public-key ?

You can create an NEM address from the public key, but you can not reverse it.
So, the address of the newly created NEM will be remitted using the private key and the public key will be released on the block chain.

thanks

1 Like

I don’t get why that is necessary. They key pairs are created at the same time right ? So why not do that right away ? Why make this such a nuisance ?

1 Like

It is Wallet that makes the key pair. Unless you send it, the public key will not be published on the block chain.
In the currency that became the basis of NEM, remittance processing was necessary as a compulsory work to register the public key in the block chain at the beginning.
Currently NEM has been improved to work, even without processing it.
However, it is exchanges, not NEMs, that they do not send without public key. That specification is not my decision.

Usability nightmare and not the first with nem I might add.
Of course it’s not your decision. Nobody sait it was :slight_smile:

I bought NEM on Bittrex sent to my wallet NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG, is empty! HELP!!!

According to the blockchain the amount specified is located on that address http://explorer.ournem.com/#/s_account?account=NBRMJT-JX3ER5-MJ3Y3O-PH63OF-4GJTKV-VR7VX2-QCUG

Are you sure that’s your wallets address?

yes! i have file, pass and private key

Could you click on “account primary” for me and paste the address there here?

address NCLSCB-ZIBZLG-POQUGR-LLDHL2-M4FMTL-J63Z6X-PWJ2