Symbol Launch - Community Discussion on timing options

One more thing: if you announce launch date, let’s say, today and that announced date is in a week, seems to me that XEM will not have enough time to fully exploit that news and grow in price significantly…

1 Like

Possibly ASAP is exactly 29.03.21 .
Perhaps the date should be announced at the Finsum conference in Japan. But it must also be clear that there must be no further delay here.
So we can also give some lead time to the people who want to operate a node.
We have here a date with a meaning for NEM, which is not too far away. And time is passing very quickly.

2 Likes

This is untrue, what was said 8th Jan 2021: Symbol Launch - Snapshot Binding PoI Vote Result (08-Jan-20)

That is not a confirmed or promised date, it was indicative and reliant on steps over days and weeks.

3 Likes

ASAP in February 2021. It’s already been widely published that the Symbol platform will be launched in February 2001. Look at the image below:

100% Agreed

It will not be in February as already communicated here: Symbol Launch - General Status Update (12-Feb-2021)

The community voted to move the snapshot with launch, launch date will not occur in February, therefore snapshot will not occur in February.

3 Likes

The majority of the community has voted ASAP. If not in February, Symbol should be launched early March. Then, the Symbol mainnet will be live for presentation to heads of industry & government officials present at the 16-18 March Finsum conference in Japan.

6 Likes

I think I made a realistic proposal
I think it’s an animal-like act to plead for food
I’m sure this is the most appropriate approach to launch

私は現実的な提案をしたと思っています
餌をせがむのは動物の様な行為だと考えます
これがlaunchへの最も適切なアプローチだと確信します

1 Like

There is a good saying - "the spoon is good to lunch"

Who didn’t understand, that will understand.

1 Like

reasoning, always is

2 Likes

march

2 Likes

3/29 This day is undoubtedly “The NEM day”

1 Like

Price is important, but don’t get caught up in it

1 Like

I cant understand how it could be a good idea to release it at the same moment of the Finsum conference, we should think on check before that HUGE event, and be sure that everything is working PERFECT

Also, we just started an ALTseason, and this could bring to Nem and Symbol a good marketing and making the project grow.

All the delayed “indicative dates” just generate doubts and uncertainties

This great community has spoken, and the vast majority have a common idea, do not make us doubt any more about the project.

7 Likes

I’ve just checked the FINSUM website (FIN/SUM 2021 | Fintech as a service, in search for a platform for digitalized society)! A lot of important japanese government officials are going to attend this event.

It’s essential that we launch the Symbol mainnet ASAP SO THAT THE NEM GROUP CAN SHOWCASE THE LIVE SYMBOL BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY TO THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. AND ALSO THE NEM GROUP WILL REPRESENT THE ENTIRE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY BY DEMONSTRATING THE LIVE SYMBOL BLOCKCHAIN TO THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!

9 Likes

You said 2.5 to 3weeks from 12/Feb. It means that you said to people it will launch at late February or early March. Fortunately, weekend test was good. So, if there is no new issues during NGL test, launch must happen at the end of this February as you said. But, now i have doubt about you. If im developer, i will launch as quick as possible after the final NGL test. Because i want show my incredible creature. But, i cant feel from you. You just looks like you dont want launch as quick as possible. Why i feel like this from you? Please no more delay. It shall be issued ASAP.

5 Likes

Look back to the past. There are always many important people who participate in events.
For this launch, we only have one shot.

NEM became a meme already with this endless delays since 2017 Do u guys hear about “reputation”? :unamused:

ASAP!

7 Likes

Reputation !

That is exactly the point. And with a premature Mainnet-Launch, you would achieve the opposite.

1 Like

Wen Symbol Mainnet launch: ASAP

1 Like