Following on from the previous update thread: Symbol Launch - General Status Update (09-Feb-2021).
Over the past 2-3 days, the below has occurred:
Release created, with all known key issue resolutions included and a fork configured in it
The release has passed regression testing
The release has passed internal performance testing on a copy of Testnet we run
We deployed the release on an NGL node on Testnet and found a deployment issue, subsequently resolved
The first node we upgraded went well but unfortunately had an issue after a couple of hours so we had to back the release out, no functional issue with the patch, just a deployment challenge. Testnet was unaffected.
The past two days have been spent working through the deployment challenge and that has now been identified and resolved.
We have now successfully deployed the patch on a small number of NGL nodes on the live Testnet and are monitoring and running automated tests for the next 1-2 days to confirm the nodes are stable, the patch resolves the issues and is ready for public release.
Assuming the tests pass successfully, likely to complete late Sunday night UTC, the next steps are:
Monday UTC, we review the test data and check for any critical issues
If no critical issues above, then late Monday UTC we release the patch publicly white_check_mark:
A fork will be configured to occur ~2 days post release, exact height to be confirmed when released
The network is given time to move on from the fork (1-2 Epochs at least = 12 hours)
We look to run the NGL Stress Test within 24 hours of the fork, exact timing to be communicated shortly after the release along with anticipated run time
Result of the testing will be reviewed and then a new Launch and Snapshot process can be decided and communicated
Snapshot and Launch Date
What is clear based on the current date and the work still to complete above is that this will not occur in February, until the above process completes, as stated previously a new date will not be selected.
Any communication (telegram, twitter, forum etc) that one has been selected before the process above completes, is speculation and misinformation. The steps will be confirmed with updates transparently as has happened all the way through this resolution and the date will be communicated publicly by an official representative on the NEM Forum