NEM Symbol 0.10.0.7 Release Announcement
As stated in the General Status Update 15-Feb-2021, we are pleased to announce the release of various components in the Symbol 0.10.0.7 release.
Core, REST + SDKs releases are provided; fixing most known important issues
A Testnet fork will occur at Block 115500 (~16.00 Wed 17 Feb UTC)
In order to gain the benefit of the Improved inode usage (#152) you will need to resync the node, the fix should show improvement on disk usage on all operating systems not just Linux
NGL final stress test will not occur until after the fork
The main release components are below:
- Catapult Core Server - 0.10.0.7
- Catapult REST - 2.3.3
- Symbol Bootstrap - 0.4.3
- Symbol CLI v0.24.1
The main 10 NGL nodes have been upgraded already, the remaining ~500 will be upgraded in batches over the next day or so.
Testnet Fork - Block Height 115500
As stated above and in previous posts, the for issue #151 totalFee < effectiveFee needs a fork to occur on Testnet. This release has the fork coded in and it will occur at block 115500.
No action should be necessary by node owners after upgrading the version, it should occur automatically. If you do not upgrade the node software before the fork your node will find itself on the weaker fork.
Currently the estimate for that block is ~16.00 Wed 17 Feb (UTC).
NGL Stress Testing
NGL will run a full stress test on this release once the Testnet has been upgraded and the fork has occurred. This requires at 2 epochs (12 hours) after the fork has happened due to rollbacks etc.
Give the times and time zones involved this is expected to start late morning on Thur 18 Feb 2021 (UTC) and run for approx 12 hours. There will then be several hours ramp down while the network recovers, this is typically 4 hours from past tests. After which the results can be assessed.
Launch and Snapshot Date
A new launch and snapshot date will not be selected until the Test completes, the network returns to normal and the results can be assessed.
Wallets & Explorer Performance Improvements
Some of the changes to REST in this release should improve Wallet and Block Explorer performance noticeably, to get the full benefit the next release of the wallets will also include further improvements.
The following additional releases are expected shortly:
Wallet(s) are expected in the next few days
A Node Registration CLI will allow node owners to include keys/key links in Genesis block so they can get the node online more easily at launch, this is expected in the next few days
Supernode programme on Testnet, the solution is going through final tests and is expected to be released this week for testing.
NEM Symbol 0.10.0.7 Release Announcement:
A short while ago the below was posted on the public Slack channel:
- The 0.10.0.7 server is released.
- This is a breaking release for the server. Fork height in testnet is set to 115500
- Core testnet nodes have been upgraded.
- Extra 500 nodes will be upgraded by region over the next day or so.
The api nodes endpoints are:
The faucets can be found at:
Explorer is here:
For those interested in testing out running a test network node :
How to Upgrade your Testnet Node (0.10.0.7)
Before upgrading, it’s recommended to backup your node’s target folder
Install the latest bootstrap:
npm install -g symbol-bootstrap
Peer Node Only
If you are running a Peer only node, run:
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a peer --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
--upgrade option will recreate your server configuration, docker configuration, and upgrade the format of addresses.yml without dropping the existing data or generates keys.
Dual Node or API Node
If you are running an API or a Dual node, run:
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a api --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
symbol-bootstrap start -p testnet -a dual --upgrade (-c myCustomPreset.yml)
If you wish to reset to a new/clean testnet node,
--reset instead of ‘–upgrade’ will clear up all your data and keys. The keys will be regenerated if you are not providing them with a custom preset. Note that a resync is likely to take >24 hours due to the size of the chain.
It’s worth double-checking that your docker services are running. Validate the services logs and check that your node’s keys and accounts are valid.
For new nodes, you can also follow: Running a Symbol Testnet Node
Symbol 0.10.0.7 Release Notes
Github: Release 0.10.0.7 - 15-Feb-2021 · nemtech/catapult-server · GitHub (awaiting tags)
[0.10.0.7] - 15-Feb-> 2021
- tool: importer to populate database from block files
- tool: verify to check the validity of blocks before import
- breaking: fix overflow in CalculateTransactionFee, #151
- recovery process needs to drop orphaned documents associated with previous block, #155
- check linked public key (remote) instead of main public key, #142
- minor issues: #153, #158, #159
- allow storing multiple payloads per file in FileDatabase to reduce inode usage, #152
[v2.3.3] - 15-Feb-2021
- Fixed duplicate alias names returned from namespace endpoint issue.
- Fixed duplicated status results. The status is now retrieved by priority.
- Set default connection pool size to 10.
node/storageendpoint to use estimated counts from mongo collections.
- Allow all transaction groups to be queried by cosigners.
- Allow address aliases in web socket listener subscriptions.
[0.23.2] - 15-Feb-2021
Milestone: Catapult-server main(0.10.0.6)
Package Version Link SDK Core v0.23.2 symbol-sdk Catbuffer v0.1.1 catbuffer-typescript Client Library v0.11.1 symbol-openapi-typescript-fetch-client
- Fixed subnamespaceId generation issue in
mosaicRestrictionTransactionServiceerror handling issue.
finalizationEpochissue in the dto model.
- Changed WebSocket listener subscription to use
UnresolvedAddresswithout querying the rest-gateway.
[0.4.3] - Feb-15-2021
Package Version Link Symbol Bootstrap v0.4.3 symbol-bootstrap
- Added Core Dump files when
- Added autocomplete support. Try
symbol-bootstrap autocompleteand follow the instructions (Thanks @44uk).
rewardProgramfor clarification. Supernode is a type of Reward Program.
- Voting is not required to enrol a program.
- Renamed command from
- Added preset configurable
connectionPoolSizeto the Rest Gateway configuration.
- Removed Node Key Link transactions from nemesis and link
[0.24.1] - 15-Feb-2021
- Updated Symbol-SDK to 0.23.2.