We need more participants for testing the NEM mobile app on Android and iOS. That is why we are starting the open beta phase now and are paying up to a bounty of 10000 XEM for every legit bug or enhancement. There will be a reward of 5000 XEM for regular issues reported, and 2500 XEM for minor but actionable issues. The decision if a bug or enhancement is legit will be jointly made by jabo38 and mixmaster (reproducible and real bugs that need to be fixed). To get the bounty, the easiest way is to leave your main net NEM address at the bottom of the description field of the new GitHub issue. For those that have trouble with GitHub, they can request in the telegram/slack chat to have mixmaster or jabo38 post their issue and address for them.
We recommend to join our “NEM::Mobile Testnet” group chat on telegram. Write a PM to mixmaster or jabo38 (forum or telegram) to get added to that group.
To help NEM and yourself:
Phase A: Download and install the NEM app
Testnet Release, the latest 1.0.64
Mainnet, the latest 1.0.65
Note: To be able to install an app which is not available on Google Play Store, you have to enable “Unknown Sources”. You find it here: Settings > Security and check the box next to ”Unknown Sources “. (A dialogue box may pop-up asking you to confirm the action, just tap OK to confirm.)
Warning: The NEM team is not responsible for any loss of funds that may occure while testing the mainnet app. Please back up your keys immediately when testing.
- Download the app “TestFlight”
- Send your Apple ID (telegram/forum) to mixmaster or jabo38 in a private message. This is necessary so that you can test the app from iOS.
Phase B: Get some testXEM (play money on testnet)
There are several ways to get some testXEM:
- Share your Invoice or My Info QR or your testnet address on the telegram group, in here or in our testnet thread.
- Start the app and import a private key from the list below. Please post which key you used.
Import password is: 20172017
Phase C: Test the app:
- Look at Android GitHub or iOS GitHub for resolved but not yet closed issues, try to reproduce them.
- Try to send and receive transactions and generally test every feature you can to make sure everything works.
Phase D: Report bugs
- If you experience a problem, try to make a detailed description (report your device, OS version and app version) and take screen shots if that helps understanding the issue.
- If you are familiar with Github, check if your issue already exists and if not, create a new issue with your detailed description. Otherwise discuss the problem in the telegram chat or in here.
Phase E: New app release gets available
- Please repeat tests on the app
- If you have made a report on GitHub and it is fixed, please close the issue.
Most important, if you have questions, ask us!